Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Howard's Pre demo is TODAY. Unfortunately the show is off on Fridays, so we're unlikely to hear anything until Monday. The show airs from 6 AM to whenever they end which is usually between 10:30 and 11:00 AM.

Someone gave him an HTC Touch Pro to demo today as well. He likes the slideout keyboard and aknowleged that the Pre has a slide out keyboard as well. He said "if the Pre is not out until May he may not be able to wait".
    Last edited by tarpon6; 04/02/2009 at 07:41 AM.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Update: Howard is having his friend Vinny from CBS (VP Late Night Programming) at the demo. He told him he needs to stay in the background and not take over. Howard said he's been waiting for this meeting and it is very important to him. Vinny is very pro - Pre and thinks it is the best phone to compete with the iphone.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Does anybody else get the feeling that Palm is reading our posts and listening to us? Or are they really on the same page as us? The last Stern thread had few people mentioning that Palm should already have one of these in his hands.. and now it's happening. Now if they would just listen and give us some sort of release date, and price we'd all be happy!...

Triple checked for spelling errors...
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevett View Post
    Does anybody else get the feeling that Palm is reading our posts and listening to us? Or are they really on the same page as us? The last Stern thread had few people mentioning that Palm should already have one of these in his hands.. and now it's happening. Now if they would just listen and give us some sort of release date, and price we'd all be happy!...

Triple checked for spelling errors...
    Maybe Howard, can scream it out of Palm to give him a release date or at least a less rough/generic release date.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Is anyone recording the Stern/Pre demo? Please...
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    i couldn't care less about what the perv thinks about the Pre, but i suppose it would be good for Sprint and Palm's marketing if he thinks it's awesome
    It kills me that he says that he cant wait until May. Alot of us have been waiting for this phone for two years!
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    It kills me that he says that he cant wait until May. Alot of us have been waiting for this phone for two years!
    I was chuckling a little when I heard that saying. I was thinking I've been waiting 4 months already.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmfood View Post
    Is anyone recording the Stern/Pre demo? Please...
    The demo will be in his personal life, not on the air. The best you can hope for is that he will mention it on Monday's show.
    well of course it's going to be mentioned on the show on Monday. It is a shame the demo wasn't yesterday.

One ***** called up and was like 'it doesn't have a camcorder.' And then there was talk about a non camera model then camera model. Stupid people. Can't even get their info right.

Will be interesting to see if he can glean any release info out of them. If he does but can't say, I'm sure he'll say something in more of a roundabout way in regards to him waiting for it or not.
    They will be all over this on Monday. I bet it gets 20-30 minutes. It has been a big topic lately. Howard has stopped playing chess to do cell phone research. Lol...
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    This just came across Twitter:

everythingpre RT @foxycar Fantastic meeting with Howie. He was *very* impressed. We'll probably hear his decision on air with the rest of the world.
    Handspring Visor Platinum > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Pre > FrankenPre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    Got a text today, looking like May 15
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Got a text today, looking like May 15
    From Palm or Sprint?
    _

-
    I hope the Pre demo does well in this. I don't see Howard not really letting loose if he thinks that it sucks. I would have to assume that the one that goes to Howard is close the finial version.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllWires View Post
    So is he even going to be able to use it himself, or is the demo guy just going to be showing it off like in all the other videos out there?
    What do you think :/
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    From Palm or Sprint?
    My friend at Sprint. Not the company directly, hence my usage of "looking like"
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    My friend at Sprint. Not the company directly, hence my usage of "looking like"
    He must know more then my local Sprint dude, because I just spoke to him last night and he said when it's close to coming out they get dummy models and literature, but he hasn't received word one.

Maybe we should bring this over to the release date forum section.
    _

-
    He must know more then my local Sprint dude, because I just spoke to him last night and he said when it's close to coming out they get dummy models and literature, but he hasn't received word one.

Maybe we should bring this over to the release date forum section.
    It will just get lost in the shuffle...lol. Anyhow, I am going to try and see him tomorrow at work to see if I can get any more info out of him. We both have very busy lifes, and if I don't run into him at some bar, then I really only see him if I go buy his work.
    It will just get lost in the shuffle...lol. Anyhow, I am going to try and see him tomorrow at work to see if I can get any more info out of him. We both have very busy lifes, and if I don't run into him at some bar, then I really only see him if I go buy his work.
    Yes, please go see him, anymore information is most helpful for us droolers over the PRE.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast