Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    From listening to him on the various shows is it your opinion that Howard is on verizon and not connected to their data service?. He has complained he cannot get on the web. If this is the case his tech guru let him down on this one as he certainly can foot the bill for data.
  2. joelpalm
    Howards review will have a huge impact. For the king of all media, switching companies is no big deal. If the Pre rolls out and he likes it, he will have it, bottom line. Let us know the results!
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dogface View Post
    From listening to him on the various shows is it your opinion that Howard is on verizon and not connected to their data service?. He has complained he cannot get on the web. If this is the case his tech guru let him down on this one as he certainly can foot the bill for data.
    He mentioned that it was Burgundy... Did the treo 650 come in burgundy?.. if not then perhaps he has a sprint treo 755p.?
    Stern To Get Advance Look At Palm Pre Smartphone

NEW YORK -- Palm has a lot riding on the upcoming Palm Pre, and it's looking for word of mouth. So, ZDNet reports, the company is looking to Sirius XM's Howard Stern, who's been talking on the air about his search for a smartphone to replace his old Treo.

Palm reps will be delivering a Pre to Stern's home and offering a hands-on tutorial on how to use it -- then taking it back again. Stern said, "They're trying to build excitement for this thing. If people don't buy this, I don't see how Palm keeps going."

Stern will, as ZDNet's Larry Dignan points out, get a better look at the Pre than any reporter has so far. And, Dignan notes, "A Stern stamp of approval on the Pre ... may go a little farther than the usual geek class fawning over it."
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I thought he had listeners. 6 hours and no one has confirmed his service provider? I apologize maybe we don't have the listeners.
    Last edited by dogface; 03/31/2009 at 08:08 PM.
    He has Sprint, a few years ago a caller called in to find out what phone and carrier he had so he (the caller) could get the same thing.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    so why does he not have the web on his device? is he avoiding the cost or getting bad advice?
    Quote Originally Posted by dogface View Post
    so why does he not have the web on his device? is he avoiding the cost or getting bad advice?
    my guess is he means he has the mobile web (ie Blazer) but not the REAL web - like on the iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevett View Post
    Listening to the Howard Stearn show a few minutes ago. He confirmed that he is in fact getting a demo of the PRE. He is in a very heated debate as to which new phone he will go with, knowing his OCD type of personality, if he likes the PRE then Palm most likely has a winner!...

I know I can't wait!(although I know I will have to like everybody else)
    Sheesh. how can you spell Howard Stern wrong?
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Yeah, come on... it's even a word!
    They are bringing it to his house...hm...in other words, probably no way to get the video of him getting the demo. Hopefully he'll talk quite a bit about it on his show after the demo.
    It sounds like he's going to report back on the show to Robin how the demo went. Also he made a big point of wanting to know when it will be released. Join the party!
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    mmm. typing too fast and not paying attention..
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevett View Post
    mmm. typing too fast and not paying attention..
    twice???

p.s. your avatar is creepy.
    His avatar looks like Pre + tprevett = heaven, to me.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    twice???

p.s. your avatar is creepy.
    lol...
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Close... Pre + tPREvett = (I was trying to portray the godlike sound.. you know... ahhhhhhhhhh?.. what the heck would you call that?)..
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Also, please check my post from last week.. I spelled it correctly...

Last Weeks Post
    anybody know what time howard stern is supposed to be on? I think I remember seeing he would get a demo today?

If anyone listens, can they record it and give us an audiobyte or a transcript?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast