Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just a word from the inside, regarding leaks and "Jim the Blogger":

Sprint beta testers have NO info regarding pricing or release dates, whatsoever. They're given the phone and told to test, that's all.

And 2nd hand info: One of my coworker's relatives is a beta tester, and despite being VERY jaded about phones, he says regarding the Pre (paraphrasing): "Every day I use it, it gets cooler and cooler. I can't wait for it to come out"
    That's good to hear. I really can't wait until I get mine!
    Sarcasm Mode: On

We all already knew that. Only Store Reps know the facts regarding pricing or release dates.

Sarcasm Mode: Off

Thanks
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post

We all already knew that. Only Store Reps know the facts regarding pricing or release dates.

Thanks
    That's right....Mr. Hesse and Ed Colligan rely on the store reps to tell them when to release the Pre!
    Awesome news. I can't wait. (Of course)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post

Thanks
    Wiseass Frankly, a lot of release dates hit Engadget/BGR the same day or the day before the store reps get it. I can't think of a release so far that we weren't aware of it first, except for the reissued Curves. When the whole thing went down, it was basically "Send back the curves!!!" "You'll get some in soon-ish" and "Hey look, we got Curves, cool?"
    That's three "known" beta testers. There must be others out there. Might be time for a beta test thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Awesome news. I can't wait. (Of course)
    I need some antibiotics cause I got PRE FEVA!!!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I need some antibiotics cause I got PRE FEVA!!!
    You know man... I'm starting to get my hopes up. At least for new info. We've seen a lot of movement of late with many beta testers whispering here and there. I'm starting to see that Sprint Employees are starting to get glimpses (I don't know how far up the chain some of these employees are. The lower the better IMO). CTIA is coming VERY soon. I'm not too hopeful that we are going to get any big info from the event though.

We've just been so darned devoid of information for so long. I think April is going to be a very exciting month for us. We probably won't see a release, but we'll get enough info to keep us salivating until then.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    You know man... I'm starting to get my hopes up. At least for new info. We've seen a lot of movement of late with many beta testers whispering here and there. I'm starting to see that Sprint Employees are starting to get glimpses (I don't know how far up the chain some of these employees are. The lower the better IMO). CTIA is coming VERY soon. I'm not too hopeful that we are going to get any big info from the event though.

We've just been so darned devoid of information for so long. I think April is going to be a very exciting month for us. We probably won't see a release, but we'll get enough info to keep us salivating until then.
    There MUST be more info coming on CTIA! CES was the big event to show the Pre to the world. Just about halfway through the time frame set by Palm and Sprint is CTIA, they have to give us something new now....it only makes sense. Barcelona was the intro for the GSM Pre, but that was it, I really have my hopes up high for CTIA. I want to see the Pre in Sprint clothing, I want a price, and I want a release date.

And please, don't forget to work on a nice YouTube app, a Netflix app, and a DirecTV app....among all the other stuff we want !
    Manny » I really hope you're right. I just find it odd that they have no real scheduled events besides a VIP lounge. I imagine we will garner a few more tidbits about the device. Maybe some fun app announcements. Some demos on a final hardware build of the phone, etc. I just don't see us getting a release date or pricing just yet.

Here is definately hoping the Goat is wrong on this one.
    If they don't announce a release date at CTIA, then they really don't even have one internally yet.
    I still think they just have a "launch window" so far. They move the slider in this window as testing and other factors effect when the phone can have an optimal release.
    well he said his release date info is from a sprint rep friend that is completely different from his beta testing.
    Last edited by LurkMoar; 03/31/2009 at 01:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I want to see the Pre in Sprint clothing, I want a price, and I want a release date.
    Hopefully, the second pic in the link is all Sprint will put on the phone.

palmprehandson
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    Hopefully, the second pic in the link is all Sprint will put on the phone.

palmprehandson
    Agreed. There's a special hidden category ("heap") in my launcher for all the junk that Sprint burned into ROM on my 755p. Let's see...

GetNuance, GetGood, Downloads, Software, On Demand, Sprint Store, Sprint TV

Never used any of them, other than a quick look to see I wasn't interested. Wish I could delete them to save space; instead I just hide them to minimize clutter in the launcher.
    I also dont want that yellow Sprint logo on the front of the phone.
    Not sure if this picture will show up properly...but what do you guys see in this picture?

http://gizmodo.com/photogallery/palm...son/1005860693

Some interesting, hard to make out icons.

Ok, this picture is bigger and better...hope the link work:

http://gizmodo.com/photogallery/palm...e=thumb800x800

I think the top row says "Palm Presents" and then you have Pandora, then two things I can't make out, and then a Chess game.

Bottom row says "Carrier Featured" and then a Golf game, a Puzzle game, a Maze game, and something called "A La Carte"

Yay! Games?
    Last edited by MannyZ28; 03/31/2009 at 12:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I think the top row says "Palm Presents" and then you have Pandora, then two things I can't make out, and then a Chess game.
    The two things you can't make out are "News" and the logo looks an awful lot like Twitters bird and I'm pretty sure it says "Tweet".
  20. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    can't believe all us suckers waiting for this and wasting precious time
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast