Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Win A Free Palm Pre: Exclusive Contest! | Palm WebOS

In an obvious effort to win more Pre enthusiasts, palmwebos.org has just posted a contest where you have to register, then make at least 50 (real) posts between now and the launch date.

That's a helluva lot of posts a day for only 6 days! ;-)

Why am I posting this pitch for a competing website here in my favorite Palm forum? 'Cause I want TC/PC to do the same...it won't be the first, but it would most definitely be the best...

(cutting the apron strings from TreoCentral's forum would probably be a good start, no?)
    I think it would be nice if PreCentral had it's own forum. (As long as we get to keep some of the MODS)

This Goat is not going to allow palmwebos.org to have his wonderful enlightening posts just for a free Pre though. Only you guys are lucky enough to hear my useless ramblings on every little subject everyday.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Technically, it's just a competition to win $199. No wait, wasn't that $399? Argh - what happens is you get credited the same amount of the price of a Pre with a 2 year contract.

And then there's more fine print:
    Winners of the contest will be determined by the PalmWebOS.org admins and mods and we reserve the right to exclude members from the contest based on our sole discretion. We are choosing PayPal as a payment option to allow the winner flexibility - they will have the winning funds in their account RIGHT when the Palm Pre goes on sale (or before) as opposed to having to wait for us to purchase and deliver the product. Special arrangements for distribution of prizes may be made if another option is preferred, but we cannot make any guarantees.
    Since I'm in France and holding out for the GSM version, and we'll probably have another launch date here anyway, I'm thinking I'll just be disqualified based on somebody's "sole discretion".

C'mon PreCentral! You can still be the first to offer a "real" Pre to win!
    I'm Rob from PalmWebOS.org - I saw this thread and wanted to jump in real quick.

Thanks for mentioning the contest Goyena - we think it will be a fun way to launch a great WebOS community. That being said, I know the folks behind the Smartphone Experts group of sites and can't say enough good things about them. So "The Goat" is free to keep all his "wonderful enlightening posts" and "useless ramblings" and there are no hard feelings.

In the end we're all part of a bigger community that loves technology so cheers to everyone here. PreCentral.net already has some great information and I'm sure I'll be linking to it frequently as they've got a talented group of writers who pump out interesting and entertaining articles day after day.

I'm really looking forward to not only the Palm Pre... but WebOS in general as we see the platform grow over not only months but years. We're in a very exciting time in the history of mobile technology and it's awesome that places like TreoCentral and PreCentral give people the opportunity to connect, talk about our common interests and build relationships with like-minded people that would otherwise not be possible.

So to wrap it up, hopefully the members and staff at TreoCentral and PreCentral won't see us as competitors but neighbors and colleagues with similar interests. We've got the utmost respect for you all and hope you'll keep up the great work!

Take care,
    Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmWebOS.org View Post
    I'm Rob from PalmWebOS.org - I saw this thread and wanted to jump in real quick.

Thanks for mentioning the contest Goyena - we think it will be a fun way to launch a great WebOS community. That being said, I know the folks behind the Smartphone Experts group of sites and can't say enough good things about them. So "The Goat" is free to keep all his "wonderful enlightening posts" and "useless ramblings" and there are no hard feelings.

In the end we're all part of a bigger community that loves technology so cheers to everyone here. PreCentral.net already has some great information and I'm sure I'll be linking to it frequently as they've got a talented group of writers who pump out interesting and entertaining articles day after day.

I'm really looking forward to not only the Palm Pre... but WebOS in general as we see the platform grow over not only months but years. We're in a very exciting time in the history of mobile technology and it's awesome that places like TreoCentral and PreCentral give people the opportunity to connect, talk about our common interests and build relationships with like-minded people that would otherwise not be possible.

So to wrap it up, hopefully the members and staff at TreoCentral and PreCentral won't see us as competitors but neighbors and colleagues with similar interests. We've got the utmost respect for you all and hope you'll keep up the great work!

Take care,
    Rob

Wow. How nice of him. Now I feel like a jerk. +300,742 for palmwebos.org

Now I'm going to go sit in a corner and think about what I did.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Thanks for chiming in, Rob! I feel the same way (even though I've been partial TC/PC since I've had my Treo600) - there's enough room for all of us, especially if we channel all our enthusiasm in the right direction.

Have you seen the number of iPhone forums? (it always comes back to this comparison, huh?) Let's hope and work to be part of the webOS revolution.

In numbers there is strength! (Imagine me proclaiming this, waving my fist in the air. Yeah, now imagine a Pre in that outstretched arm and hand. RELEASE IT ALREADY!!!)
    +3.1415926

justjill3
    Thanks for the great post Rob! I agree that we're all part of a wonderful community, and I enjoy reading all the different Pre sites! And every other tech site in general that I have time to read also. Good luck to you and your site and that's a great contest! Your site sure looks great! ;-)

I'm sure we'll be having one here soon. We probably will be splitting up the forums somehow or other, not sure yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post

Wow. How nice of him. Now I feel like a jerk. +300,742 for palmwebos.org

Now I'm going to go sit in a corner and think about what I did.
    Timeout Goat!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Timeout Goat!
    I've been sitting in the corner for like 5 hours now! Haw! It was nice for him to chime in here and be so welcoming though.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    This comes from palmwebos.org:

Links on first post (or first couple if you're being slick) to your own site: These are not okay. Don't come here to pimp your site – come here to be a member.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    This comes from palmwebos.org:
    If you'll notice, I purposefully don't link to my own site - I only mention it. The OP linked to my site and I was merely responding. That being said, if any admins/mods here have a problem, they can delete my account and I'll gladly start another as just RobWebOS or something less intrusive.

I won't be the most active member in the world, but I'm somewhat of a forum junkie and enjoy checking in. Seems a little like you're trying to catch me on a technicality as any forum mod on the earth knows that dealing with forum spam is a real pain and linking to their own site on the first post is a red flag. I think most people can see I didn't come here with bad intentions.

Anyways, lighten up a little bit, tomorrow is CTIA and we need all the good karma we can get for some new Palm Pre & WebOS goodies!
    Hey Rob's cool - be nice to him. He's going to pick me as the winner of the free Pre contest!
    Cardfan » Whoa man. Be nice friend! Rob came in here and left a really nice message after this thread was about was about to start bashing his site.

PreThinking comes in here with Logo and link in his signature and all, and we are fine with that. We even start a story referencing his posts.

Rob has been really encouraging and friendly despite being another site. He also did not post a link at all.

Take some anti-anxiety meds and all will be okay.
    fun ny how we can allr ead things different - i saw cardfan's quote and thought he nothing bad of it.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Yeah, maybe a jumped to conclusions. Cardfan knows the Goat is a fan of his though.
    Quote Originally Posted by justjill3 View Post
    +3.1415926

justjill3
    Wow am I slow!

I saw it when you first posted, and I just now got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Wow am I slow!

I saw it when you first posted, and I just now got it.
    Maybe you would've noticed it if he posted another 10 digits of pi