Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Jim Van (LogicommInc) on Twitter

According to his twitter, he's been testing the Pre for a couple of days, as originally posted elsewhere in the Pre forum. He's awake now.

Thanks Jim.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Thanks for the link. I don't know why there aren't more responses. This is the most encouaging Pre news I've seen.

He has one, he's using it, he does beta testing for Sprint, he says a couple of times the release date is 4/30, and he is promising his own Pre UI pics tonight.

You mention another post on this, but I can't find it. Thanks again.
    what he needs to do is post some pics.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    Thanks for the link. I don't know why there aren't more responses. This is the most encouaging Pre news I've seen.

He has one, he's using it, he does beta testing for Sprint, he says a couple of times the release date is 4/30, and he is promising his own Pre UI pics tonight.

You mention another post on this, but I can't find it. Thanks again.
    Here is the link to the other post.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...-may-14th.html
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    what he needs to do is post some pics.
    I know! I am trying to be patient.
    justjill3

Yeah, we can't put too much stock into what he's got to say until we actually see pics. He seems really legit though. Once he posts pics, he will become the most reliable source we have seen yet. Until then, he's just another guy blowing smoke at us.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Yeah, we can't put too much stock into what he's got to say until we actually see pics. He seems really legit though. Once he posts pics, he will become the most reliable source we have seen yet. Until then, he's just another guy blowing smoke at us.
    Yeah! Puff, puff, puff
    justjill3

he's in providence! i would swing by, but i don't want to seem desperate...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    he's in providence! i would swing by, but i don't want to seem desperate...
    Hey Pedro. Is stalking fair game?
    justjill3

@schnoid I'll be sure to include shots of the sys screen w/firmware info @fresh2death618 Battery's going strong after 8 hours of mixed use.

battery life is looking good.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    @schnoid I'll be sure to include shots of the sys screen w/firmware info @fresh2death618 Battery's going strong after 8 hours of mixed use.

battery life is looking good.
    yeah, i saw that message too. but though it sounds good, it really doesnt mean anything. 8 hours is nothing. what does "it's going strong" mean? how many "bars" does he have left? "going strong" could mean the battery is still nearly full, but it could also just mean that the pre is still running.
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanP View Post
    yeah, i saw that message too. but though it sounds good, it really doesnt mean anything. 8 hours is nothing. what does "it's going strong" mean? how many "bars" does he have left? "going strong" could mean the battery is still nearly full, but it could also just mean that the pre is still running.
    true but this is a phone that is always connected to the web so it lasting 8 hours is great. my touch pro can not last 3 hours on beejive im.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    true but this is a phone that is always connected to the web so it lasting 8 hours is great. my touch pro can not last 3 hours on beejive im.
    well, to put it harshly, I really don't care what it does, 8 hours is not something I get excited about. 14 hours of medium use is the absolute minimum I want to get out of it. I will be happy if the battery is still going strong after like 24 hours or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanP View Post
    well, to put it harshly, I really don't care what it does, 8 hours is not something I get excited about. 14 hours of medium use is the absolute minimum I want to get out of it. I will be happy if the battery is still going strong after like 24 hours or so.
    Wow...just curious...what phone are you using right now and does it meet your requirements as far as battery life goes?
    That battery usage message is actually what makes me most skeptical of the veracity of his claims.

"Battery's going strong after 8 hours of mixed use"

I guess it depends on what he considers mixed use, but the other tweets have made it sound like he's using it relatively heavily, and 8 hours and going strong with that sort of usage sounds like wishful thinking based on what we know about the battery. Sure, as I've mentioned before, there's a great power management system as part of the chipset being used, but there's only so much an 1150mAh battery can do, since the radios are going to use the most power anyway.

And honestly, if this is a scam, it would make sense. He's drumming up more publicity for his company right now than he could any other way.

Edit: He also claims he's tested WiMax phones. Has there been any WiMax phone by any company even announced for the US yet?
    Last edited by jhoff80; 03/28/2009 at 07:07 PM.
    I don't know. I'm still wondering why he hasn't posted up a pic yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I don't know. I'm still wondering why he hasn't posted up a pic yet...
    agreed, im not gonna believe him (but im still gonna listen in) until he has proof.

after all Palm comes to the forums and other blogs (Crunchgear & PalmWebOS) so I'm sure theyve heard what hes been spouting off. if Sprint heard they wouldve asked him to stop and never allowed his company to beta test again.

if anything hes drumming negative publicity, if hes lying.
    it amazes how he doesnt have ONE picture. and yet he can do all this other stuff with a phone. It only takes me 1 minute to upload a picture online, cant he do it at the same time if hes doing all this other stuff?

and he just protected his updates haha
    Last edited by HChristianS; 03/28/2009 at 08:10 PM.
    If he put up a picture most of you would say it's an old picture.
    He has "Protected his Updates". You must now send a request and wait for approval to view his tweets.

Is that true if you were "following" him earlier? I had not been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    If he put up a picture most of you would say it's an old picture.
    Actually, I think it would be pretty easy for him to take a picture that would look authentic if he actually had a Pre. Yeah, a close up on a wood table would look too much like the demos we've already seen.

But he could take a slightly wider-angle picture next to his kitchen sink, or better yet, take a picture of himself in the mirror with the Pre. That would be pretty convincing.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast