Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    He said the release would be April 30. Why would they release the pre on a Thursday?

Quote Originally Posted by justjill3 View Post
    Jim Van (LogicommInc) on Twitter

According to his twitter, he's been testing the Pre for a couple of days, as originally posted elsewhere in the Pre forum. He's awake now.

Thanks Jim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Wow - two weeks to go and in that time:

- The FCC will approve the phone so that full production can begin.
    - The Sprint staffs across the country will receive Pre training that hasn't been announced yet.
    - Sprint and Palm will begin their (belated) ad campaigns.
    - Sufficient stock of Pres will be shipped and received at 1200+ Sprint stores.

I can see why you stick with that date.
    All those things are possible, not to say I support this prediction but:

-The FCC probably already has the Pre. The docs will be revealed after, or just prior to release.
    -Carrier staff, training? hahaha They might get an online learning course a day or two before launch.
    -Havnt we seen confirmation that the ads are made already? They can flip the switch on those anytime.
    -UPS. The Pres are most likely warehoused somewhere awaiting final software approval from Sprint. They can have those in every Sprint store within a few days.
    Jim Van Responds To Palm Pre Rumors | Palm WebOS

jims response to why he went private.
    Alright, so how many "final beta" testers could there possibly be? There must be a number of them. I would think you need at least several hundred to do a good job, perhaps a few thousand. Why oh why are there no other leaks if the NDA is less strict?

Apr 30 seems no more reliable than any of the other Sprint "leaks."

But if you believe Jim, the fact that the phone is in final beta feels about right for a launch in another month or so, or maybe a bit after that.

Dieter's guess of May 10th feels really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    Jim Van Responds To Palm Pre Rumors | Palm WebOS

jims response to why he went private.
    wow ... very intresting read.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    Let's put it this way, I wouldn't hesitate to bet $100 on it.
    I've seen more credibility from this guy than anyone else thus far.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    So, wondering what the java issues the Pre is experiencing? And on the Twitter, another guy was saying his friend was having the same problems (not sure how true it is).
    I really believe they don't have a date because the phone isn't ready yet, just a time frame.
    I'm guessing mid-May to early-June.
    The bright side is, we're one day closer to it coming out.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I really believe they don't have a date because the phone isn't ready yet, just a time frame.
    I'm guessing mid-May to early-June.
    The bright side is, we're one day closer to it coming out.
    One day here, one day there... it's taking too long!!!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    well the trusth is palm hasnt made up their mind regarding a date since the 2/15. It seems that 2/15 was the date was the optimitic date from palm, but obviously it did not happen.

When asked whent eh date of release is, Im only hearing first half 09

lol
    listen. i work for a sprint store in Ohio. we have a advocate program where someone from the store gets the phone a month before it comes out and has to do training on it. i am the advocate for my store. according to my manager their is supposed to be about 40 hrs worth of training done in store. and the manager has to do the same training i do. i havent got the phone yet so may or june is more likely. go to any sprint store and ask those questions and you will get the same answer. when i get it i will post pics and answer the questions i can.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton2005 View Post
    listen. i work for a sprint store in Ohio. we have a advocate program where someone from the store gets the phone a month before it comes out and has to do training on it. i am the advocate for my store. according to my manager their is supposed to be about 40 hrs worth of training done in store. and the manager has to do the same training i do. i havent got the phone yet so may or june is more likely. go to any sprint store and ask those questions and you will get the same answer. when i get it i will post pics and answer the questions i can.
    I'm not saying you're wrong but I will say they were suppose to do the same thing with the diamond and diamond pro... but for one of those the phone was released before the advocates received the phone. My wife is a asst manager at Chicago area store. If I remember correctly the Treo 800 didn't start the advocate program on time either.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    true but you figure with the ready now program and this being the biggest phone for sprint since the instinct. it will starton time
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    So, wondering what the java issues the Pre is experiencing? And on the Twitter, another guy was saying his friend was having the same problems (not sure how true it is).
    That guy was me... and my buddy is sticking by his NDA, just answered some of my questions, like how is VNC/LogMeIn type stuff. He said, it can be "wonky", I didn't press it because he signed a very lengthy NDA agreement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton2005 View Post
    true but you figure with the ready now program and this being the biggest phone for sprint since the instinct. it will starton time
    I think with a phone with this much buzz, its in Sprints best interest to get out asap, above everything else. Getting out asap is more important than training and advertising.

It would be very bad to have a final version of the phones sitting in a warehouse for an extra month just so they can train employees and advertise.

Just imho, of course.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    That guy was me... and my buddy is sticking by his NDA, just answered some of my questions, like how is VNC/LogMeIn type stuff. He said, it can be "wonky", I didn't press it because he signed a very lengthy NDA agreement.
    I thought I had seen your name on the one of the boards. Not sure how much can and can't be said, could it be something that can be fixed with using a different browser?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    I thought I had seen your name on the one of the boards. Not sure how much can and can't be said, could it be something that can be fixed with using a different browser?
    That's just the problem. He doesn't have the SDK or a method to install anything. His mission: He has to STRESS test the device basically. When he said all that, I was thinking they need to really get Flash working in order to avoid VNC issues. When I asked about "dates", he laughed and said, I'm shocked I'm even holding the thing let alone know about marketing strategies.
    Darth Pooh » I think that makes you THE most reliable insider we have right now. This is probably a BIG no... But do you think he could shoot us a blurry cam pic? This would please the Goat... Very Much.

Java problems = My Blackberry. I really hope they get any issues ironed out before release. My main want with the Pre is a really nice browsing experience. I don't expect to have Flash right out of the box though. I don't want the browser going janky because of minor Javascript issues though.

Darth Pooh FTW
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Darth Pooh » I think that makes you THE most reliable insider we have right now. This is probably a BIG no... But do you think he could shoot us a blurry cam pic? This would please the Goat... Very Much.

Java problems = My Blackberry. I really hope they get any issues ironed out before release. My main want with the Pre is a really nice browsing experience. I don't expect to have Flash right out of the box though. I don't want the browser going janky because of minor Javascript issues though.

Darth Pooh FTW
    Hardly an insider. I respect that he won't give me much info because he wants to remain a beta tester. He is in love with the device; and I've tried getting pics... no dice and I won't push it either. Let's put it this way, the person is aware of this conversation He said, imagine the Apple iPhone/Touch Browsing experience, but snappier and more responsive to input.

Java and Javascript are two different beasts. He wouldn't elaborate on which one was the culprit, makes me wonder if they have a beta Flash program on their devices.
    Hmmmm... The sooner Flash hits the better. I'm hoping the Pre's browser blows Safari away.

Well that's okay. Unlike the Twitter guy, I have no doubt your info is correct. So that still makes you the Goat's #1 insider. Too bad, there's something about blurrycam pics that makes me really excited.

Also, now you've got me assuming that EVERYONE in these forums is a beta tester... And I am the only one without a Pre right now.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast