Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Agreed, I don't believe that guy either. Palm and Sprint would be knocking his door down asking for the Pre back!
    It just makes no sense to me. It's obvious that the guy is a professional at whatever the heck he does. He must have known that if he blabbed his mouth enough that the whole situation would blow up and be all over the place. I just did a Google search for Palm Pre and the first 2 pages were filled with his Twitter postings. IF he does have a Pre and did happen to sign an NDA, then he is in store for a lot of monkey poo being thrown at him from a very distant height.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    For me the release date is well, whenever it gets released. I'm just happy to have another name to associate with the Pre.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Wow...just curious...what phone are you using right now and does it meet your requirements as far as battery life goes?
    I have a sony ericsson dumbphone, it lasts 4 days if left idle, 3 days with mixed use. So it's not a smartphone, it doesn't have 3g, but I can do anything I want on it except it doesn't have the nice large touchscreen.

So if 8 hours of medium use is all you can get out of this, and if other smartphones are even worse, then I'll just buy a new dumbphone.

8 hours just doesn't get me excited, that's all I'm saying.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Which is fiction, April 30th or Jim Van's Pre? Not clear. This is not a terribly convincing denial.
    very true. ofcourse palm is denying this rumor, no matter if it's true or not. they want to announce the release date themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanP View Post
    I have a sony ericsson dumbphone, it lasts 4 days if left idle, 3 days with mixed use. So it's not a smartphone, it doesn't have 3g, but I can do anything I want on it except it doesn't have the nice large touchscreen.

So if 8 hours of medium use is all you can get out of this, and if other smartphones are even worse, then I'll just buy a new dumbphone.

8 hours just doesn't get me excited, that's all I'm saying.
    8 hours of medium use i'm ok with. But i've been using smartphones for years now. Chargers at work, car, home. Just part of the routine that i just plug it in when possible.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    8 hours of medium use i'm ok with. But i've been using smartphones for years now. Chargers at work, car, home. Just part of the routine that i just plug it in when possible.
    I don't have the luxury to plug in the phone everywhere. I'm a student, so I don't have a car and no workspace of my own at school, so from 6:30 in the morning to 20:00 in the evening I'd like the battery to work. I could ofcourse plug it into my laptop with the usb cable, but that just seems desperate to me.

you guys think about 15 hours of medium use is too much to expect?
    It should be able to get 15 hours of medium use. That's pretty much a day's charge.
    Then again, i don't consider this twitter guy worth anything. Palm just needs to open up the preview soon to launch. I think the window is short enough now to keep the buzz up.

15 hours? It really depends on what is medium use to you. My centro or iphone wouldn't get that. With either, its hurting for a charge late afternoon. If i was a student like yourself, that replaceable battery starts looking good.
    Dmefoc scared the guy off and called him a troll. I think are chances of seeing some pics are slim to none.
    The chances of seeing pics is none. This guy is pretty much lying.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Palm Pre to be released on April 30th? : Boy Genius Report

$299, I hope he's wrong, though I'd pay it.
    Search........
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    If I double posted, sorry. I searched before I posted, and didn't see anything pertaining to this rumor.
  15. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    yup
    chargers everywhere , thats the way to go.
    I even bought a mini to micro usb adapter to switch between two phones.
  16. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanP View Post
    I don't have the luxury to plug in the phone everywhere. I'm a student, so I don't have a car and no workspace of my own at school, so from 6:30 in the morning to 20:00 in the evening I'd like the battery to work. I could ofcourse plug it into my laptop with the usb cable, but that just seems desperate to me.

you guys think about 15 hours of medium use is too much to expect?
    I guess if you use PHONE ONLY ( no browsing , no GPS , no TV, no EMAIL ,turn the activesync off and set the location to 911 only) you might be able to get that much.
    yes .. welcome.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Rookie !!! :-)
    da Gimp

Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Yeah, I saw it, I'm lying that I didn't see anything when I searched
    if this guys really does have the pre., get ready for Palm to come down hard on him.
    da Gimp

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast