Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    He wrote

yeah, had 2 go pvt to find time to do some real work totally unrelated 2 Pre - tks. I'm not a good fiction writer, btw
    I guess being put on the spot by some sites made many people send him tweets regarding the Pre.
  2.    #22  
    When I asked about stalking, I was only kidding, fellas. Whether or not he is legit is debatable. However, I didn't expect him to have to fend off folks. I'm almost sorry I started this thread.

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    yeah, had 2 go pvt to find time to do some real work totally unrelated 2 Pre - tks. I'm not a good fiction writer, btw
    Hes CEO of an IT-related company.
    im sure he can write all this techie stuff.

but if he has to tweet about work to certain people then I understand why he keeps private.

he can still give ONE picture.

Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Actually, I think it would be pretty easy for him to take a picture that would look authentic if he actually had a Pre. Yeah, a close up on a wood table would look too much like the demos we've already seen.

But he could take a slightly wider-angle picture next to his kitchen sink, or better yet, take a picture of himself in the mirror with the Pre. That would be pretty convincing.
    yeah most of the pictures ive seen were always supported from Palm. CES, Jimmy Fallon, etc...

but someone using at home..not yet..
    Quote Originally Posted by justjill3 View Post
    When I asked about stalking, I was only kidding, fellas. Whether or not he is legit is debatable. However, I didn't expect him to have to fend off folks. I'm almost sorry I started this thread.

Just goes to show how desperate many have become for just a bit of info on the device. Palm/Sprint need to give a little. Info that is.

No doubt. I was a bit surprised at his openness about "reviewing" his Pre. He may have had second thoughts or been told to cool it.

But yeah, attacking his veracity with no evidence is not the way to go.
    $299 might be too much
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    That battery usage message is actually what makes me most skeptical of the veracity of his claims.

"Battery's going strong after 8 hours of mixed use"

I guess it depends on what he considers mixed use, but the other tweets have made it sound like he's using it relatively heavily, and 8 hours and going strong with that sort of usage sounds like wishful thinking based on what we know about the battery. Sure, as I've mentioned before, there's a great power management system as part of the chipset being used, but there's only so much an 1150mAh battery can do, since the radios are going to use the most power anyway.

And honestly, if this is a scam, it would make sense. He's drumming up more publicity for his company right now than he could any other way.

Edit: He also claims he's tested WiMax phones. Has there been any WiMax phone by any company even announced for the US yet?
    Plus isn't WiMax only available in Baltimore and one other city...definitely not Providence...?
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    $299 might be too much
    That's definitely a bit, but i might still buy if they let me keep my existing plan which already include *everything* but cheaper.

Now, if it is 299 and THEN an Everything plan required, i won't buy then.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Don't think its legit..
    $299 is way to high IMO.

Glad Palm shut that one down...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Which is fiction, April 30th or Jim Van's Pre? Not clear. This is not a terribly convincing denial.
    Didn't see this anywhere, so here goes nothin:

Rumor: Palm Pre Beta Tester Gives April 30th as Planned Release Date
    Hello Belvoir! Welcome to PreCentral/TC forums. Thanks for the post.

We do happen to be following this fellow pretty closely though. He's all in our Predictions and Speculations thread. He's also got two other posts regarding his Twitters in our main Palm Pre thread.

Regardless though. Welcome to TC!
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Hey Pedro. Is stalking fair game?
    Haw! Whatever can get us a drop of news on this sucker is fair to me. You guys can go infiltrate the manufacturer in China and steal a few if you want my permission... Just make sure you come drop by Texas and let me take a peek right afterwards.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    The LogicComm guy is starting to anger the Goat. It just makes no sense to me. He's one of the top guys of his company. Why would he put his company's reputation at risk like this by posting complete lies? Palm's twitters are now starting to indicate that this guy is just full of it. Also, the dude never got pictures out there before he locked down his profile.

April 30th seems like a really odd date.
    299$ seems high even for the Goat. (I believe 249$ is the perfect price on launch, even though many disagree)
    Where is a pic?
    Vague comments with no insights or specifics.
    No NDA? I think nearly all beta testers would be under NDA. If someone just came out and blabbed their mouth like this they would get the pants sued off of them.

Yet the guy seems legit and has creds.

AAARRRRGH!
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    The LogicComm guy is starting to anger the Goat. It just makes no sense to me. He's one of the top guys of his company. Why would he put his company's reputation at risk like this by posting complete lies? Palm's twitters are now starting to indicate that this guy is just full of it. Also, the dude never got pictures out there before he locked down his profile.

April 30th seems like a really odd date.
    299$ seems high even for the Goat. (I believe 249$ is the perfect price on launch, even though many disagree)
    Where is a pic?
    Vague comments with no insights or specifics.
    No NDA? I think nearly all beta testers would be under NDA. If someone just came out and blabbed their mouth like this they would get the pants sued off of them.

Yet the guy seems legit and has creds.

AAARRRRGH!
    Agreed, I don't believe that guy either. Palm and Sprint would be knocking his door down asking for the Pre back!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast