1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if the pre has gone through the FCC approval process? Has it completed this step?
    Quote Originally Posted by remmysmom View Post
    Does anyone know if the pre has gone through the FCC approval process? Has it completed this step?
    I'm not sure it has but if it did, its probably under STRICT confidentiality...
    Seeing how people in the upper ranks of Palm have said that they use the Pre as their daily phone, wouldn't they have been approved by the FCC in order for them to use them?
    yes, but palm can request that any fcc filings be kept confidential for a certain amount of time. basically it can be approved and we wouldnt know until palm wants us to.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Seeing how people in the upper ranks of Palm have said that they use the Pre as their daily phone, wouldn't they have been approved by the FCC in order for them to use them?
    I don't know for sure, but there must be some provision for testing before full FCC approval, since that seems to be a long-lead item. So just because Palm folks and Sprint folks and beta testers may be using the phone, I doubt that it means that it has been through full FCC approval.

Which isn't to say that it hasn't, just that widespread beta testing doesn't prove it.
    It's not in the FCC database yet. I checked earlier today.
    Palm has standing confidentiality requests with the FCC. One can only hope for a blunder on the FCC's end.
    The second the Pre's FCC approval is public, Engadget will have it up.