1.    #1  
    I would like to start a running chat on programs that will be released on the Palm Pre. My Son James Phillip has the I phone and has a program called "Sunset" available from the Iphone Apps Store. This is the first positive feed back I have received from a developer himself. Most are we will wait and see. Skyscape said they will develop for the Pre. This is from speedymarks.com (I think) this was in my email this morning. This program tells you what time the sunrise and sunset for where ever your location is. Works very smooth on the iphone of course.

Piet Jonas to me
    show details 4:34 PM (16 hours ago)

Hi Jerry,

yes, I plan to release it on the Palm Pre as well and it will be one of the first of my apps. But so far there isn't even a developer kit from Palm available. So I can't say when.

Best regards

Piet
    SpeedyMarks.com
  2.    #2  
    Spoke with the main developer at Siverware regarding the Palm Pre. His program was very good on the Treo (Travel Tracker). Now he says that he is mainly developing for the Iphone and will not develop for the Pre unless it turns out to be a hit! At first he said no and then I told him I would email him 2 months down the road and maybe he will reconsider his decision. I did not know it earlier but that he was a Palm employee for 7-8 years back east. I guess you guys could indicate your names if you would be interseted in having this program on you Pre and I can email him the results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Spoke with the main developer at Siverware regarding the Palm Pre. His program was very good on the Treo (Travel Tracker). Now he says that he is mainly developing for the Iphone and will not develop for the Pre unless it turns out to be a hit! At first he said no and then I told him I would email him 2 months down the road and maybe he will reconsider his decision. I did not know it earlier but that he was a Palm employee for 7-8 years back east. I guess you guys could indicate your names if you would be interseted in having this program on you Pre and I can email him the results.
    Whoa whoa whoa!!! I am so going to threadjack right now. You live in PECOS!? I grew up in West Texas (Midland). Pecos!?!? I am so sorry for you. How's the water over there?

(I actually miss West Texas at times... Then I look out the window and see trees.)

(My area code was 79703)

(Also, considering your the name Gas Man. I suppose you are in the petroleum business. Which is good... Because if you are not in the petrol business in West Texas... Then you tend to be dirt poor.)
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
  4.    #4  
    I truly do not remember sending an email for this particular program call "Form Responses for Contact Us. (IVerse)

This was from Time Baker
    ComputerMinistry.com
    (817)294-4575 (Office)
    (800)588-4163 (Toll-Free)

this is the message

Jerry, we are not releasing a version for the Palm (or Windows Mobile), just the Iphone.

Maybe I have been dreaming too about the Pre! Just went to their web site and they make a program for the Iphone call "Iverse" and yes I did go to that web site before. I have been playing with programs on my son's Iphone so that is why I discovered that link.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa!!! I am so going to threadjack right now. You live in PECOS!? I grew up in West Texas (Midland). Pecos!?!? I am so sorry for you. How's the water over there?

(I actually miss West Texas at times... Then I look out the window and see trees.)

(My area code was 79703)

(Also, considering your the name Gas Man. I suppose you are in the petroleum business. Which is good... Because if you are not in the petrol business in West Texas... Then you tend to be dirt poor.)
    But, we don't have all those trees blocking our view. That's what I tell my wife, she's from Virginia and San Antonio.

Sorry to add to the hijack.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post

(My area code was 79703)

I am "dirt poor"

Arrived in Pecos April 1, 1982

Will start my 29th year at Reeves County Hospital in one day.

I am a CRNA (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist) the reason for "Gas Man" formerly morningstar1844

For our forums readers;

Pecos is the home of the World's First Rodeo
    Pecos is known for the best cantaloupe in the World (very sweet)
    and is known for our Hot Weather!

Mainly a Hispanic community

THANKS PEDRO (appreciate your posts) all hours of the day!

"And YOU STILL CANNOT DRINK THE WATER"
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    But, we don't have all those trees blocking our view. That's what I tell my wife, she's from Virginia and San Antonio.

Sorry to add to the hijack.

I hadn't thought about "Gas Man" till I saw your post!
    I find it hard to understand why palm has not released to app developers. You would think they would want to get a big jump on all the apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindan View Post
    I find it hard to understand why palm has not released to app developers. You would think they would want to get a big jump on all the apps.
    The only reason I can think of is that maybe the software calls aren't finalized yet. Otherwise, I agree totally.
    O'Reilly's new Palm WebOS: Developing Applications in JavaScript Using the Mojo Framework". ...current release date is listed as August 15th, 2009, and the book's page count is 352 pages. The ISBN-13 number is 978-0596155254.

The official WebOS development book isn't due to be released until August. So much for getting the all those software developers on board to release apps this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by StatCoder View Post
    O'Reilly's new Palm WebOS: Developing Applications in JavaScript Using the Mojo Framework". ...current release date is listed as August 15th, 2009, and the book's page count is 352 pages. The ISBN-13 number is 978-0596155254.

The official WebOS development book isn't due to be released until August. So much for getting the all those software developers on board to release apps this year.
    That leaves an entire quarter for the developers. If it only took a couple of weeks for some software development, I think that we have plenty of time to see apps this year. Also, assuming a June release, that is only two months after the Pre release for the SDK. Much better than, say, 12 months.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)