Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    If this article is to be believed, the Pre will debut on Survivor's finale which isn't until May 14th and then be released 3 days after. What do you guys think?

Palm Pre to debut on Survivor? (Phone Arena)
    I've been in the thread it's talking about and nobody is taking it seriously.
    Better May 17th than near July 1 IMO.

Plus I hear Sunday is the day for Sprint releases.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I brought up Survivor as a possible platform to push the Pre about 3 weeks ago. To me, that would make perfect sense!

I am definitely fine with that release date, that's 6 weeks before their "first half of the year" deadline ends.

A lot of people, including me, watch that show, and I am betting they are going to use it in one of those "call a loved one" rewards, or maybe even to show some video clip from a family member.

I am all for it!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Better May 17th than near July 1 IMO.

Plus I hear Sunday is the day for Sprint releases.
    I'm not so sure that Sunday really is THE day for Sprint releases... I know everyone's been saying that, maybe because the last Palm/Sprint product was released recently on a Sunday (the Treo Pro)... OR maybe because all of the various rumored Pre "launch dates" so far have fallen on Sunday's (2/15, 3/1, 3/15, etc) BUT the Samsung Instinct launch (which was the last "big" launch Sprint had), was actually on 6/20/08 which was a Friday (with "valued" customers getting to buy the phone one day early (or on Thursday 6/19/08)...

Not that I'm objecting to a launch on May 17th... I totally agree that it's better than July 1 (and of course I wouldn't mind it if it launched even sooner)... but I wouldn't put too much stock on the date just because it falls on a Sunday.

Hopefully Sprint/Palm will finally cave in and tell us something soon though (CTIA? Please?) if not a firm release date... even a month would be nice.

We shall see...
    as pedro posted this twitter link before he says apr 30th..live001 also posted it in the speculations thread
    Jim Van (LogicommInc) on Twitter
    =(

More dates being thrown around. Palm, just release the date already!!! ****!
    Quote Originally Posted by deleonj1225 View Post
    as pedro posted this twitter link before he says apr 30th..live001 also posted it in the speculations thread
    Jim Van (LogicommInc) on Twitter
    i'm follwing him, he's testing it right now
    Quote Originally Posted by WMicke View Post
    I'm not so sure that Sunday really is THE day for Sprint releases... I know everyone's been saying that, maybe because the last Palm/Sprint product was released recently on a Sunday (the Treo Pro)... OR maybe because all of the various rumored Pre "launch dates" so far have fallen on Sunday's (2/15, 3/1, 3/15, etc) BUT the Samsung Instinct launch (which was the last "big" launch Sprint had), was actually on 6/20/08 which was a Friday (with "valued" customers getting to buy the phone one day early (or on Thursday 6/19/08)...

Not that I'm objecting to a launch on May 17th... I totally agree that it's better than July 1 (and of course I wouldn't mind it if it launched even sooner)... but I wouldn't put too much stock on the date just because it falls on a Sunday.

Hopefully Sprint/Palm will finally cave in and tell us something soon though (CTIA? Please?) if not a firm release date... even a month would be nice.

We shall see...
    Ig the guy from LogicCommINC on twitter is telling the truth this could make sense. April 30th is a Thursday, so for premier customers first. Followed by a hard launch that weekend. ANything special happening that weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by LurkMoar View Post
    i'm follwing him, he's testing it right now
    me too, Im asking questions under heeeyrold
    Quote Originally Posted by WMicke View Post

We shall see...
    I never take any of these dates to heart anyway. I'm just praying they DO NOT release near July.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    April 19th
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    April 19th
    Is that your guess?
    Yeah Cary, spill your beans man. My guess is still with Dieter, May 10th.
    I keep thinking the same thing I have been thinking. The more they wait and not release info, the more people will buy other products such as iPhones and BlackBerrys... May 10th is a solid date, much better than June or July Not as good as April
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Nope just a guess. I'm still hoping for April despite all the other guesses. I figure my date is as good As anyone elses unless it was dan Hesse himself
    If this article is to be believed, the Pre will debut on Survivor's finale which isn't until May 14th and then be released 3 days after. What do you guys think?
    That is the date I posted 6 weeks ago when I started this topic ----->
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...eculation.html

28 June. It's the last Sunday in the first half of 2009. It gives Palm and Sprint the necessary time to finish the software and hardware, ramp up production, get the shipping channels up & running, work on distribution, set up a system to handle the (presumed) rush of orders, and establish an Ad campaign. That's a lot to do in 3 months for a phone that's still undergoing software/hardware changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    28 June. It's the last Sunday in the first half of 2009. It gives Palm and Sprint the necessary time to finish the software and hardware, ramp up production, get the shipping channels up & running, work on distribution, set up a system to handle the (presumed) rush of orders, and establish an Ad campaign. That's a lot to do in 3 months for a phone that's still undergoing software/hardware changes.
    Well we are pretty much in the dark as far as how far along they really are with the phone, production, etc.... we are just going by reports from some companies that have some involvement in the whole deal.

Why I think the May thing makes sense is just because Sprint is a main sponsor for survivor, and timing wise, this would really be perfect. So lets hope that they are far enough into the testing and production schedule that this will pan out. If they launch in June, what major Sprint sponsored media event could they latch on to? I am sure they had some sort of plan in place and don't just wing that launch.

Announce it at CTIA, make public appearance on Survivor, launch the following Sunday...this would be great!
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post

Palm Pre to debut on Survivor? (Phone Arena)
    If I'm not mistaken the entire season has already been filmed. This would mean that they would of had the Pre a while back?!?
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmfood View Post
    If I'm not mistaken the entire season has already been filmed. This would mean that they had to had the Pre a while back?!?
    Oh damn...forgot about that...lol. Well, they had the CES demo models in January...crap...there goes that whole theory? Filming the season take 39 days, question is, how long ago did they start filming?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast