Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Oh damn...forgot about that...lol. Well, they had the CES demo models in January...crap...there goes that whole theory? Filming the season take 39 days, question is, how long ago did they start filming?
    I'm not even sure that it was filmed this year, it might have been filmed last year. Since some countries are warm/hot year round, just like some parts of Florida & California.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Maybe they were just referring to actually having their first commercial during that Thursday show and not actually having the phone appear on set during the telecast.
    Remember that the Survivor Finale is live... they could announce and demo it then (if they did not already do so on tape with CES versions). They could offer it as a prize for all the contestants (but not really delivering working production models to them 'til later)... Maybe by April 30th.

As to all of us that are anxiously awaiting the release of the release date...
    Palm still has to finish beta testing the release date and work out any bugs. They really have to hit this one outta the park and cannot afford any glitches in the date. What if they say "April 30th", then Obama signs an executive order shortening the month of April by a day? Maybe they will release the release date in stages, as it is ready, like the Mojo book being released a chapter at a time. They say first half of the year, then they may tell us the month, then which week, then if it will be the beginning or end of the week, then finally the exact date. Besides, the SKD for the release date has not been released yet, how are developers going to have their own release dates for software 'til then?
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    I think that they know the release date. Why would they not? With only a few months left in the FH2009, they know. But for one reason or another, they aren't spilling the beans yet.
    Well, obviously Palm isn't interested in gradually spilling the beans on what else they have besides what we know from CES.

This would imply that they're going to hold some kind of big announcement that includes price and release as well as more of a preview. This would be a great way to jump start the buzz again about a month prior to the release date.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Well, obviously Palm isn't interested in gradually spilling the beans on what else they have besides what we know from CES.

This would imply that they're going to hold some kind of big announcement that includes price and release as well as more of a preview. This would be a great way to jump start the buzz again about a month prior to the release date.
    And CTIA is the perfect place for it!

As far as the live Survivor finale....uhm...they will talk about what happened during the season, they won't have time to pass out phones and have the contestants go ga ga over it. I guess Sprint used Survivor to push the Instinct for what it's worth. So yeah....I am betting it will just be commercial exposure, and not much directly on the show, unless they will give Pres to the contestants. They will have Jeff Probst hold one up, or something.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Oh damn...forgot about that...lol. Well, they had the CES demo models in January...crap...there goes that whole theory? Filming the season take 39 days, question is, how long ago did they start filming?
    I looked online and filming for Survivor Season 18 went from late October to mid-December. Given that the Pre was demoed to developers in November (where they assumedly had a prototype onhand to show developers), and the pre-production prototype was unveiled to the public at CES in early January, only 3 weeks after filming wrapped; it's actually quite possible that they had a Pre available when filming wrapped... especially if all it had to do was make a telephone call (and no fancy software applications).

The only catch here, is that it would mean that this was something Sprint and Palm planned all along... So the question is, do we think that they could possibly have had the May 17th date picked out that long ago (far enough in advance to put it on the show) and if so, then why have they been so secretive about sharing that date with the public?
    I'd love to see the Pre on Survivor! Remember that one guy who pretended that piece of wood was his BlackBerry? I'd loved to have seen his face if he got handed something like a Pre on that show.
    I dont know if this has been posted but they also talk about an early release for the pre here on the front page of this website

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/2491-1.htm

theres also a link in that article to another website with the whole story....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12