Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Just saw this on Gizmodo:

How To: The iPhone 3.0 OS Is Not Ready For Everyday Use; Here's How to Downgrade

Looks like not all is well for the Apple fanboys - better news for those of us still awaiting our Pre.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    That's the beta so it's not very surprising.
    I agree. Why do people load a beta OS then complain so much, LOL! Beta is for testing and reporting bugs, I don't think it was really meant for every day use. I won't load Windows 7 for the same reasons.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post

How To: The iPhone 3.0 OS Is Not Ready For Everyday Use; Here's How to Downgrade

Looks like not all is well for the Apple fanboys - better news for those of us still awaiting our Pre.
    Let me get this straight, you are posting a story about the reliability of OS 3 beta 1 as an example of some type of Pre advantage?
    What are the chances that iPhone OS 3.0 will never be released or will be a failure?
    Not so in iPhone 3.0. It's slow as hell, locks up on everything from launching an app to entering a phone number on the numeric keypad, sucks down battery life like an alcoholic who just found his first bottle of MD 20/20 in days, and so on.

That happens to me too on my iphone except i didn't upgrade to the beta. I thought that was normal..
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Not so in iPhone 3.0. It's slow as hell, locks up on everything from launching an app to entering a phone number on the numeric keypad, sucks down battery life like an alcoholic who just found his first bottle of MD 20/20 in days, and so on.

That happens to me too on my iphone except i didn't upgrade to the beta. I thought that was normal..
    Never had that problem. Best battery life I've ever had. Occasionally Safari will crash back to the springboard, but that's once maybe every two to three weeks. Just to be safe, I do a reset every three or four days. But, I restart my PC every three or four days as well.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    How are people getting lockups on the iPhone which has no real multi-tasking?? That means something is sucking up memory, but if there's supposedly no background apps running, how?

This question is about the stable firmware, not beta.

BTW, I find my iPhone sucks more battery life when the cell signal is on. So if you get low battery life, it may be searching for a signal or constantly drawing data or something like that.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 03/26/2009 at 05:57 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    They WILL release it but it's likely to be buggy IMO. Apple has had quite a few buggy releases lately, but they do release firmware updates.

Quote Originally Posted by StatCoder View Post
    What are the chances that iPhone OS 3.0 will never be released or will be a failure?

Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post

Looks like not all is well for the Apple fanboys
    It's beta software.
    - better news for those of us still awaiting our Pre.
    Why is it better? What difference does it make?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Let me get this straight, you are posting a story about the reliability of OS 3 beta 1 as an example of some type of Pre advantage?
    Yep, you got it straight.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I agree. Why do people load a beta OS then complain so much, LOL! Beta is for testing and reporting bugs, I don't think it was really meant for every day use. I won't load Windows 7 for the same reasons.
    I have loaded windows 7 on my laptop and it has only rebooted 1-3x in the two months it has been on the machine. It's very stable!
    i've read good things about Windows 7 but it's still a beta. There is no support for beta issues, is there? I didn't even install the officially out of beta IE8 until I see more reviews. MSFT has a checkered history concerning their updates.

Wow, I agree with a couple of the other posters.

Apple's *real* phone with a *real* update has issues with a beta release is now a Pre selling point? Sad. Very sad.

At some point there might be a Pre, but right now it's vaporware, and there isn't any beta software for the vaporware to have issues with.
    Quote Originally Posted by jthelman View Post
    Wow, I agree with a couple of the other posters.

Apple's *real* phone with a *real* update has issues with a beta release is now a Pre selling point? Sad. Very sad.

At some point there might be a Pre, but right now it's vaporware, and there isn't any beta software for the vaporware to have issues with.
    The Pre is somehow...imaginary? Even though countless people have physically touched it and observed it in action, and a number of people are actively developing for it and have used it? Interesting.

How you call that vaporware is a mystery. There's a HUGE difference between something not yet available for release to the public and vaporware. By your definition, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is "vaporware" and not "real" because it doesn't come out until the summer.

Look...there is no comparison between WebOS and iPhone 3.0 software right now, so we're agreed on that. But the point is that it makes a Pre competitor a little less attractive. There's no direct comparison implied.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    The Pre is somehow...imaginary? Even though countless people have physically touched it and observed it in action, and a number of people are actively developing for it and have used it? Interesting.
    Actually a finite number of people have actually touched a Pre, under strict NDA. That's at least 2 less than "countless."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Actually a finite number of people have actually touched a Pre, under strict NDA. That's at least 2 less than "countless."
    You may wanna look up "tautology", Sgt. Semantics.

How you call that vaporware is a mystery. There's a HUGE difference between something not yet available for release to the public and vaporware. By your definition, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is "vaporware" and not "real" because it doesn't come out until the summer.

Look...there is no comparison between WebOS and iPhone 3.0 software right now, so we're agreed on that. But the point is that it makes a Pre competitor a little less attractive. There's no direct comparison implied.
    Although, not completely on the same line, the Foleo never happened and numerous people had that, including myself.

I very much want it to happen, but, until it is actually released it's simply not there. Palm has decided before to not put out something they had a strong feeling for.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    Although, not completely on the same line, the Foleo never happened and numerous people had that, including myself.

I very much want it to happen, but, until it is actually released it's simply not there. Palm has decided before to not put out something they had a strong feeling for.
    As has Apple. As have many different companies across various industries. The vast majority of products they announce do make it to market, and for that they deserve the benefit of the doubt.
    As has Apple. As have many different companies across various industries. The vast majority of products they announce do make it to market, and for that they deserve the benefit of the doubt.
    I don't recall those products having the publicity the Foleo had. I was for the Foleo. I wanted one. I tested one for about a month.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast