Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 60
  1. #21  
    I would add another category just for people who like their music or ipod features. I know one person who just doesn't install apps and has no interest.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Kind of like some people here with Palm.

    You do know that some people actually like their iPhones.
    But <gasp> this is a Pre forum. You'd expect some here to be a bit biased about the Pre. Just as you'd expect some bias on the iphone forums.

    You do know that i actually like my iphone but i don't feel the need to champion it here it this forum.

    No offense, but if i were to go to an iphone forum constantly posting about the virtues of the Pre, and at the same time doing some iphone bashing here and there, those users wouldn't like it much.

    At the same time i don't have much use for people who are so pro iphone or so pro pre that they can't have an open mind. I may come off being pro Pre, but its only in regard to what i know about the Pre right now and being on Sprint is huge for me. I certainly don't think much of Palm's marketing and haven't seen any indicators to think otherwise. But i do see indicators to suggest a change in what to expect in terms of support.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    Some people actually like iphones!?! LoL. Personally what I keep hearing from everyone that has an iphone is "you get used to it". I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to learn how to type on my phone all over again. Maybe I'm old school, but the on screen keyboard sucks. I've tried it sooooo many times, and no matter what I make about 50% more mistakes with it than my treo and type slower in general cause I'm trying to get it right. In my mind there are 3 reasons people buy iphones. 1) They're apple whores/scene whores. 2) They wanted a big screen with a browser that actually works decently well. 3) They wanted the huge selection of 3rd party apps (and/or jailbroken apps). The first category of people will NOT switch to Palm. The second 2 will be easy to bring over once the 3rd party app selection proves to be as good as Apple's.
    Yep, 17 million unhappy iPhone users.

    I love my iPhone because it has.....

    1. The best media player of any phone
    2. Allows me to sync effortlessly with my itunes library
    3. The incredible app store and 3rd party app catalog.
    4. Have access to my private gmail and my corporate push exchange email
    5. Best mobile browser on any phone available today
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    But <gasp> this is a Pre forum. You'd expect some here to be a bit biased about the Pre. Just as you'd expect some bias on the iphone forums.

    You do know that i actually like my iphone but i don't feel the need to champion it here it this forum.

    No offense, but if i were to go to an iphone forum constantly posting about the virtues of the Pre, and at the same time doing some iphone bashing here and there, those users wouldn't like it much.

    At the same time i don't have much use for people who are so pro iphone or so pro pre that they can't have an open mind. I may come off being pro Pre, but its only in regard to what i know about the Pre right now and being on Sprint is huge for me. I certainly don't think much of Palm's marketing and haven't seen any indicators to think otherwise. But i do see indicators to suggest a change in what to expect in terms of support.
    Sorry, this is a message board that people can discuss different opinions. If you don't like mine you can either start the cardfan message board and set your own rules, or you can click the ignore button on my username. I invite you to do either.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    Some people actually like iphones!?! LoL. Personally what I keep hearing from everyone that has an iphone is "you get used to it".
    I seriously doubt 13+ million people feel that way about the iPhone. Hmm - I wonder what keeps that useless phone selling so well?
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Sorry, this is a message board that people can discuss different opinions. If you don't like mine you can either start the cardfan message board and set your own rules, or you can click the ignore button on my username. I invite you to do either.
    If i don't like your opinion, i'll simply respond which is what i did. Thanks for the options though
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Yep, 17 million unhappy iPhone users.

    I love my iPhone because it has.....

    1. The best media player of any phone
    2. Allows me to sync effortlessly with my itunes library
    3. The incredible app store and 3rd party app catalog.
    4. Have access to my private gmail and my corporate push exchange email
    5. Best mobile browser on any phone available today
    Nobody was asserting that iPhone users are unhappy. Even if they were, that's demonstrably false.

    But on your other points, only 1 and 2 are solid. 3 is only inarguable in that the app store and 3rd party apps exist. The 30 day average shelf life suggests that the adjective "incredible" does not apply. 4 is hardly unique, and 5 is unfortunately quite arguable given how much Safari crashes.

    Think of it in automotive terms: If you had a Bentley Continental GT that constantly stalled and broke down, and a Honda accord that performed rock solid, but not as flashy or enjoyably as the GT when it did work, you can't say the GT is the best car available today. Reliability is a key metric regarding how "good""better" or "best" something is.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Nobody was asserting that iPhone users are unhappy. Even if they were, that's demonstrably false.

    But on your other points, only 1 and 2 are solid. 3 is only inarguable in that the app store and 3rd party apps exist. The 30 day average shelf life suggests that the adjective "incredible" does not apply. 4 is hardly unique, and 5 is unfortunately quite arguable given how much Safari crashes.

    Think of it in automotive terms: If you had a Bentley Continental GT that constantly stalled and broke down, and a Honda accord that performed rock solid, but not as flashy or enjoyably as the GT when it did work, you can't say the GT is the best car available today. Reliability is a key metric regarding how "good""better" or "best" something is.
    I can tell you I use most of my third party apps on a daily basis. The app store is also being copied by WM, Blackberry, Palm,and Android. Its also about a billion dollar business. I guess I would consider that a monster success.

    Strange, my safari barely ever crashes. When it does I relaunch it and it takes me right back to the page I was browsing. Easily the best mobile browser available.

    as for your stupid car analogy, the iPhone always bests blackberry, windows mobile, and palm devices in customer satisfaction surveys.
  9. #29  
    I love my iphone because i bought it and i'm still using it.

    It has many pros and few cons but costs more per month on a network that isn't great in my area.

    That's my experience. I would think it varies for everyone.

    When i consider the Pre, i know that it'll have a lot of what i love about the iphone plus other pros. It'll be on a cheaper network that is much better in my area. But that there will be some apps i'll have to live without for now.

    And so the Pre looks very strong to me. Again, that will vary for each user. For me, what's best might not be your best...which is why there's so much room in this market.
  10. #30  
    Now that the features of iPhone 3.0 have been announced, the big question is whether or not Apple will announce new iPhone hardware. Both Apple & AT&T have begun selling subscription-free iPhone 3Gs fueling speculation that they are beginning the process of clearing inventory for new hardware this year. I would hope that the Pre is launched before any new iPhone hardware is announced.

    "Hey, I'm going to get in line for one of those new Palm Pre smartphones"
    "Yeah? What about that new iPhone they just announced?"
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    When i consider the Pre, i know that it'll have a lot of what i love about the iphone plus other pros. It'll be on a cheaper network that is much better in my area. But that there will be some apps i'll have to live without for now.
    While the Pre might have some other "pros" it also has a lot of cons. The biggest to me being Sprint. Also, smaller screen, no itunes sync, worse 3rd party app support, direct sync to my laptop (maybe).
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I can tell you I use most of my third party apps on a daily basis. The app store is also being copied by WM, Blackberry, Palm,and Android. Its also about a billion dollar business. I guess I would consider that a monster success.
    Are you aware that "incredible" and "successful" are two different words?

    Strange, my safari barely ever crashes. When it does I relaunch it and it takes me right back to the page I was browsing. Easily the best mobile browser available.
    In your opinion.


    as for your stupid car analogy, the iPhone always bests blackberry, windows mobile, and palm devices in customer satisfaction surveys.
    You remind me of someone with your risible need to constantly interject personal needles like "stupid"...my neighbor's four-year olds.

    Don't be that guy.
  13. #33  
    The iphone also has a lot of cons. The biggest to me by far is AT&T. Followed by having to use itunes, poor phone, form factor, lag, takes too long to switch between tasks, lack of useful apps, having to sift through trash apps, apple's control.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    lack of useful apps, having to sift through trash apps, apple's control.
    What useful apps is the iPhone lacking?
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    While the Pre might have some other "pros" it also has a lot of cons. The biggest to me being Sprint. Also, smaller screen, no itunes sync, worse 3rd party app support, direct sync to my laptop (maybe).
    Sprint - cheaper plans, good service in my area (plus i boycott att because of the "great" service provided for us in iraq )

    smaller screen because the device is altogether smaller, a big PLUS in my book

    no itunes - thank god

    worst 3rd party support - its not even out yet, of course
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    What useful apps is the iPhone lacking?
    Literally, tonnes of medical apps.

    I would not be caught dead with an "i phone" on me!
  17. #37  
    And for another, ATT service.
    I am happy with sprint.
  18. #38  
    There's a little litmus test called slingbox for iphone. It will be interesting to see if it gets approved since they've submitted it.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Literally, tonnes of medical apps.

    I would not be caught dead with an "i phone" on me!
    curious which medical app you are talking about. I noticed yesterday all the doctors in my son pediatricians office carry an ipod touch with epocrates.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkMoar View Post
    Sprint - cheaper plans, good service in my area (plus i boycott att because of the "great" service provided for us in iraq )

    smaller screen because the device is altogether smaller, a big PLUS in my book

    no itunes - thank god

    worst 3rd party support - its not even out yet, of course
    just curious, are you planning to use the Pre to watch video?

    Also, I think having to drag and drop music files is not the best way to get media onto a phone.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions