View Poll Results: Is there's a good chance that the Pre won't be released?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! There's a good chance Palm will fail to deliver the Pre!

    8 9.52%
  • No! There's no way Palm will drop the ball, again.

    73 86.90%
  • Other! (Please explain.)

    3 3.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    But what's interesting is the concept lived on in other netbooks. The thing is they are much more functional. If only Palm hadn't hung onto the "smartphone companion" idea far too much. They limited the Foleo's function to a smartphone add-on at a price range of low end laptops, which made the Foleo a bad deal essentially. Asus comes out and releases a whole line of small but functional low cost netbooks and that was what the Foleo should have been.
    Yeah, I've kind of thought that about the Foleo too: should've been a netbook. But then, given all the players in the netbook market now, could Palm really have competed for very long if they had brought out a netbook Foleo?

    I think the Pre is much more aligned with Palm's strengths. I'm kind of glad they killed the Foleo.
  2. #22  
    Maybe if they had made it more of a laptop replacement for business users to use on any platform business phone(WM, Symbian, Palm OS, Blackberry), they might have had a chance with the business market.

    Limited function devices do seem to have a place(Kindle is one), but you have to know how to appeal to a larger range of people. Marketing the Foleo to Treo users first was a bad idea IMO.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    But what's interesting is the concept lived on in other netbooks. The thing is they are much more functional. If only Palm hadn't hung onto the "smartphone companion" idea far too much. They limited the Foleo's function to a smartphone add-on at a price range of low end laptops, which made the Foleo a bad deal essentially. Asus comes out and releases a whole line of small but functional low cost netbooks and that was what the Foleo should have been.
    Exactly - the netbooks of today are far more extensible than the Foleo concept. Palm had a 6 month head start on the earliest netbook (EEE PC 701), but their incomplete/misguided approach negated their calendar advantage.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Exactly - the netbooks of today are far more extensible than the Foleo concept. Palm had a 6 month head start on the earliest netbook (EEE PC 701), but their incomplete/misguided approach negated their calendar advantage.
    It took the hiring of Apple people people to get Palm whipped (hopefully) into shape. That's the big difference between Palm of yore compared to what they are today. Get rid of the people that screw things up, and hire people that get stuff done.

    I am hoping for the sake of the Pre that I am right with this assessment.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    It took the hiring of Apple people people to get Palm whipped (hopefully) into shape. That's the big difference between Palm of yore compared to what they are today. Get rid of the people that screw things up, and hire people that get stuff done.

    I am hoping for the sake of the Pre that I am right with this assessment.
    Ditto.

    I am by no means an Apple fan boy. Quite the opposite actually but one cannot argue the accomplishments Apple has. So bringing in the best talent and letting them make key decisions was/is the best medicine for Palm.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Let's be honest here - a few random people loved it. Let me guess - they were big supporters of Hawkins "vision" even before they saw one. The reality is most of the major blogs on the internet were scratching their collective heads wondering what the heck Palm was thinking of when they brought out the Foleo.
    Since the Foleo never happened, I guess I'm not hurting anything by saying I tested the Foleo for a month. I think there were about 100 people in my group of testers. I think nearly all of us gave it positive reviews by the end of the test. I know I didn't want to return it.

    Compared to the Redfly, which I also have, the Foleo was much better in my opinion.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  7.    #27  
    FYI: At this point, 13.33% say "yes" or "other." 9.33% say "yes," there's a good chance that the Pre will not be released.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  8. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,555 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    FYI: At this point, 13.33% say "yes" or "other." 9.33% say "yes," there's a good chance that the Pre will not be released.
    and 87% say it will be.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    and 87% say it will be.
    Which of us did you think was incapable of doing the math?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  10.    #30  
    And, for the record, let's clear up something:

    I'm getting the impression that some of you have assumed that I'm anti-Pre or anti-Palm. I'm not. My posting history confirms this.

    Someone asked, earlier, what made me think of this. It happened just as I said in the original post. I was feeling all good about things then I realized how far along the Foleo was before its abortion.

    I don't want my enthusiasm (which continues to grow) to obstruct my view of reality... and history.

    There's no boogeyman here. I'm just a Pre-enthusiast trying to avoid premature infatuation.



    And failing.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions