Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Kupe--what airplane is that in your avatar? I've been trying to figure it out for months. Is it an F-4?
    The venerable (or should I say vulnerable?) F-106 Delta Dart.

Edit Add: Here's a better picture of that particular jet - now at Holloman AFB, NM:

Last edited by Kupe; 03/27/2009 at 01:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    It must be true if you said so.

You missed another obvious option. Develop for the sure thing - WM, Symbian, and iPhone all have bigger markets today than the Palm Pre will have in two years if things go swimmingly. With a finite number of developers and finite funding to invest in software projects, why jump on the risky one first - especially with the same company that just abandoned the OS that supported your current product?.
    If you sit and wait for things to happen, you won't be successful in business. You have to take risks. Submitting an app to apple and having no control as well as hundreds of competitors isn't a risk?

With palm, you can host it yourself as well as the palm store. Provide updates on the fly and have more control. Certainly, apple has a vast market and always will, but in the long term, enough developers will favor palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    The venerable (or should I say vulnerable?) F-106 Delta Dart.
    Ah yes, thanks so much. I feel better.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    If you sit and wait for things to happen, you won't be successful in business. You have to take risks.
    Now there's a platitude you don't hear more often than hourly. I'm not sure how that applies to my post. Risk comes in many forms. Unnecessary risk can be avoided without detriment to a company. Olive tree took a risk by developing for the Blackberry (you may have heard of this phone - there are millions of them already in the marketplace) and it's paid off for them immensely. They may eventually develop for the Pre, but in the meantime they have other existing markets to exploit, like Symbian (you may have heard of them - most smartphones in the world use Symbian).
    LOL..ok. Guess we'll have to see what happens.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12