Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1.    #1  
    Here's a nice article that talks about traffic to Sprint and Palm informational websites about the Pre. The article also compares the traffic level to what was generated by the iPhone and finds that while the iPhone had a higher peak, the Pre is exhibiting the same pattern.

    MediaPost Publications Palm Pre: Out of Sight, Not Mind 03/25/2009
  2. #2  
    I would say "I told you so," but I'm going to need to pace myself for the successful launch of this thing and the success of Palm and this platform going into the future.

    But despite this, Palm does still need to feed this puppy a little red meat with some new Palm.com Pre content or something.
  3. #3  
    I totally agree. If the webinar was indeed part of a series. Get part two going. Let's see some apps or something. Unless Palm is planning something bigger... It would spike interest back up til launch.

    I'm hoping they actually do pull an apple this time and get some videos going on their website.
  4. #4  
    Thanks for posting!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
  5.    #5  
    Oh yeah, I could really go for some new information about now. I know there is a lot more that could be said about apps in work or other features of the phone that we're not hearing.

    There's going to be an information tsunami about this guy when people start getting review units and the hype begins to build in a big way. Could a little trickle now hurt that much?
  6. #6  
    there is click through advertisng going right to those pages, so the claim there isn't is wrong.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I would say "I told you so," but I'm going to need to pace myself for the successful launch of this thing and the success of Palm and this platform going into the future.

    But despite this, Palm does still need to feed this puppy a little red meat with some new Palm.com Pre content or something.
    What did you tell us? What was proven here? How many units have been sold so far?

    Pace yourself for what? You do know you don't work for Palm, right?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    What did you tell us? What was proven here?

    How many units have been sold so far?

    Pace yourself for what? You do know you don't work for Palm, right?
    5 questions here. 5 answers:

    1) That the announcements of new WinMo 6.5 and 7 phones, HTC Touch2 phones, new Android phones, and iPhone 3.0 wouldn't affect interest in the Pre adversely - contrary to popular opinion here.
    2) See #1.
    3) The same amount of sense that this question makes or its relevance to this thread.
    4) The amount of "I told you so" opportunities that I will eschew when this phone succeeds wildly.
    5) Yes, although I think some people here remain unconvinced despite my best efforts to prove this.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    5 questions here. 5 answers:

    1) That the announcements of new WinMo 6.5 and 7 phones, HTC Touch2 phones, new Android phones, and iPhone 3.0 wouldn't affect interest in the Pre adversely - contrary to popular opinion here.
    2) See #1.
    3) The same amount of sense that this question makes or its relevance to this thread.
    4) The amount of "I told you so" opportunities that I will eschew when this phone succeeds wildly.
    5) Yes, although I think some people here remain unconvinced despite my best efforts to prove this.
    Until have some some sales proof, nothing has changed. The Pre might be a big hit, but you might want to wait for some sales reports before you gloat (why you feel a need to gloat is a completely different story).
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Until have some some sales proof, nothing has changed. The Pre might be a big hit, but you might want to wait for some sales reports before you gloat (why you feel a need to gloat is a completely different story).
    I think you are confusing "gloating" with being celebratory and optimistic about an upcoming Palm product.

    Why it's weird or unusual to be that way at a Palm forum is a mystery to me.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I think you are confusing "gloating" with being celebratory and optimistic about an upcoming Palm product.

    Why it's weird or unusual to be that way at a Palm forum is a mystery to me.
    I do not find the following statements celebratory or optimistic. I find them kind of strange...........

    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    The amount of "I told you so" opportunities that I will eschew when this phone succeeds wildly.
    and

    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I would say "I told you so," but I'm going to need to pace myself for the successful launch of this thing and the success of Palm and this platform going into the future..
  12. #12  
    Well, I've already explained myself and what I said and meant. Accept it or don't. I'm good either way.
  13.    #13  
    Cool--it was getting a bit dull around here. About time for a little back and forth.

  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Cool--it was getting a bit dull around here. About time for a little back and forth.

    The exchange is done, and it ended in a most civil manner as far as I can tell. Can we either get back to the original post or leave the thread be?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    5) Yes, although I think some people here remain unconvinced despite my best efforts to prove this.
    Your "best efforts" at proof have been found lacking. Posts like this amount to cheerleading for an unproven product.

    ...which you have every right to do, in my opinion.


    ...just like I have every right to discount your posts.


    ...it's all good.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Your "best efforts" at proof have been found lacking. Posts like this amount to cheerleading for an unproven product.

    ...which you have every right to do, in my opinion.


    ...just like I have every right to discount your posts.


    ...it's all good.
    You misread. I was clearly referring to my best efforts to prove I am not an employee of Palm, which I have been accused of being multiple times.

    As I clearly said elsewhere on this forum, the "proof" of my prognostications for the success of this product will only come way down the line. And so there's no ambiguity, I'm more than happy with someone picking a timeline, specific sales figures and/or marketshare, and any other metrics of success. Once we're agreed, we can simply wait until said date, and see who is right and who is wrong. Until then, little is "provable", objectively speaking (the subject of this thread is part of that "little"). I've never asserted otherwise.
  17. #17  
    what, are you 4yrs old or something? and the only person that thinks the Pre will do well?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    4) The amount of "I told you so" opportunities that I will eschew when this phone succeeds wildly.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    what, are you 4yrs old or something? and the only person that thinks the Pre will do well?
    Sometimes I do feel like the only person who thinks the Pre will do well around here. The basis of a great majority of the debates I've had with people in this forum are regarding why Palm "will fail" because:

    A) They didn't include a microSD slot
    B) They didn't launch before iPhone 3.0 was announced
    C) They didn't launch before the onslaught of other smartphones at MWC was announced
    D) They didn't make the Pre compatible with Garnet
    E) They partnered with Sprint

    ...and so on and so on. There were times I could've found more excitement and enthusiasm for this product on an iPhone or Android blog.

    I think it's starting to change a smidgen, and that's nice.
  19. reminiz's Avatar
    Posts
    780 Posts
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Sometimes I do feel like the only person who thinks the Pre will do well around here. The basis of a great majority of the debates I've had with people in this forum are regarding why Palm "will fail" because:
    For the record, I want Palm to succeed.
  20. #20  
    I think people would just like some timely progression of information so they don't go stir crazy. When there is an absence of info people become negative. They reach for this, that and the other thing. The people that were high on the Pre most likely still are. This is a discussion forum and controversy makes the world turn around plain and simple. Personally I think the Pre sucks because it has no d-pad and no card slot. If I wanted an iphone clone, I'd buy one. Is it still a hell of a lot nicer than my Centro and many other phones on Sprint (well potentially)? You betchya. So I'll buy one. I'd probably be flogged by all around me if I didn't because they expect me to have the latest gadget. Will I take a look at the Android phone when it comes to Sprint? Yep. I also like the idea Scott R mentioned of a Treo Pro running Android. Time will tell. Still doesn't make me think the Pre won't do well.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions