Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    For the record, I want Palm to succeed.
    Heh...it's cool. I'm not here to collect Palm blood loyalty oaths or anything. And Palm has certainly given a number of reasons to be skeptical given their past mistakes. But they are doing so many things differently with the design of the Pre hardware, WebOS software, and the way they are launching this...I think what's past doesn't apply. At least not exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Your "best efforts" at proof have been found lacking. Posts like this amount to cheerleading for an unproven product.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    what, are you 4yrs old or something? and the only person that thinks the Pre will do well?
    thank you for the sanity. He seems to be debating people who do know it will do well and simply are skeptical at the idea that the product and company are "perfect."

Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Sometimes I do feel like the only person who thinks the Pre will do well around here. The basis of a great majority of the debates I've had with people in this forum are regarding why Palm "will fail" because:
    A) They didn't include a microSD slot
    That wasn't the debate and you know it. It was whether it would turn a portion of the people off to be limited to 8GB unlike the all the competing devices in top smartphones to be released which give user scalable options of 16 to 32 gb

Asking people why they need memory, a question we have heard since people said you didn't need more than 10mb on a hard drive, is not a "debate" you succeeded in
    I think you are confusing "gloating" with being celebratory and optimistic about an upcoming Palm product.
    Why it's weird or unusual to be that way at a Palm forum is a mystery to me.
    He wasn't confusing "gloating," he was using the term properly:
    4) The amount of "I told you so" opportunities that I will eschew when this phone succeeds wildly.
    Your problem is that on several threads you went ad hominum and attributed things to people which they had not claimed.

It is not "weird" to be skeptical on a Palm forum, it is "weird" to attack people who raise actual issues that may impact the product
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I think people would just like some timely progression of information so they don't go stir crazy. When there is an absence of info people become negative. They reach for this, that and the other thing. The people that were high on the Pre most likely still are.
    Normally I'd agree except I had most of these "battles" within 2-4 weeks of the Pre's announcement, so it wasn't like there was some great vacuum of info then. I came here within a day or two of the announcement, and the negativity set in almost immediately.

This is a discussion forum and controversy makes the world turn around plain and simple. Personally I think the Pre sucks because it has no d-pad and no card slot. If I wanted an iphone clone, I'd buy one.
    The Pre an iPhone "clone"? Uh, ok. I think you mean the Instinct.

Is it still a hell of a lot nicer than my Centro and many other phones on Sprint (well potentially)? You betchya. So I'll buy one. I'd probably be flogged by all around me if I didn't because they expect me to have the latest gadget. Will I take a look at the Android phone when it comes to Sprint? Yep. I also like the idea Scott R mentioned of a Treo Pro running Android. Time will tell. Still doesn't make me think the Pre won't do well.
    I will take a look at a Sprint Android phone too, but I've played with the G1 on a few occasions, and it's a wildly inconsistent OS IMHO.
    we all do. one or two people are calling any skepticism or alternate views on features decisions or support ability, "negativity". When in fact people are engaging in educated and informed discussions. some people can't stand anything other than blind cheer leading and love to throw labels of "negativity" at any discussion.
    I want Palm to be an innovative, competitive, successful company. It's been too long since they were any of those.
    I want Palm to be an innovative, competitive, successful company. It's been too long since they were any of those.
    I think that's something we can all agree on. It's what makes this wait so excruciatingly long.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    And I would think with the people Palm has brought on staff, and some being from Apple, we should expect nothing less. Should we?
  8.    #28  
    I think that's something we can all agree on. It's what makes this wait so excruciatingly long.
    Excruciating: like watching Rocky, only they include every moment of his training for months.
    And I would think with the people Palm has brought on staff, and some being from Apple, we should expect nothing less. Should we?
    Hope springs eternal...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12