Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a business account with Sprint for my own company, and today they send me this booklet entitled "The 2009 Professional Guide to Mobile Productivity". I was kinda excited to get that thing so I flipped through it really quick. The cover page shows a ton of phones lined up behind each other, and the Pre is NOT included in that line up. It had the Palm Pre in it, on the second page under "Latest Smartphone" with a heading "Best of CES".

It shows a picture of Pre opened up, with the App Launcher open, and you can make out that standard flower thingy background. Next to it, it says: "This phone will help you squeeze the most out of life, from work to play and everything in between. It has a large touch screen and a sliding QWERTY keyboard, and can simultaneously run different applications. Unite your contact information, calendars, and Internet networks from different accounts. Please contact your sales representative to check availability and for details. Or got to sprint.com/pre to pre-register."

The Pre shares the latest smartphone page with the Touch Pro and the Treo Pro.

That is the only appearance that the Pre makes in this guide. Even the little pullout chart that is included which is supposed to help you pick an upgrade phone based on what you have already doesn't include the Pre.

Come on Sprint, if this is a guide for 2009, the Pre should be included more!

Oh well...that was my excitement for today.
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Teasing , more teasing, and more
    I wonder why on earth they do such things.

If it wasn't ready why bother showing in Jan.
    At this point I hope the date slips. Sincerely.
  3. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    lack of information is probably a killer.
    I would wait to see Android announce cool features next month.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    You have to remember that for whatever reason, Palm is pushing Windows phones as their Business platform. I wish and hope the Pre will muscle its way in to this classification as well.

[OT] I was in a Sprint store and spent a couple minutes on the PrPrPro... Sorry, but I'm not impressed. My 755 will be the last tiny little square screen I ever hope to buy. Also, I just don't like Winmob at all. To be fair, I don't know the OS at all, but it doesn't work the way I want it to. [/OT]
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    It shows a picture of Pre opened up, with the App Launcher open, and you can make out that standard flower thingy background. Next to it, it says: "This phone will help you squeeze the most out of life, from work to play and everything in between. It has a large touch screen and a sliding QWERTY keyboard, and can simultaneously run different applications. Unite your contact information, calendars, and Internet networks from different accounts. Please contact your sales representative to check availability and for details. Or got to sprint.com/pre to pre-register."
    Is that their typo?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Is that their typo?
    It's to pre-register for the email about when the Pre is available. That's how the CSR I spoke to said it too.

EDIT: My bad I read it again after this post... haha
    The email said;
    "Or got to sprint.com"
    When I think they meant 'Go to Sprint.com'

No big deal...
    Just funny how if this was a multi-recipient email, You'd think they would check it for grammar before sending it out.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    The email said;
    "Or got to sprint.com"
    When I think they meant 'Go to Sprint.com'

No big deal...
    Just funny how if this was a multi-recipient email, You'd think they would check it for grammar before sending it out.
    Uhh .. it was mail, as in snail-mail ... OP said "and today they send me this booklet". So, I think it was the OP's typo, not Sprint's, since it's hard to copy and paste from a hard copy.

You guys gotta take a break from this Pre stuff and get back to real life!
    Sprint Treo 755p
    Cool thanks for sharing that Manny. I agree with you though.. they should definitely have the Pre up front and center if they really want it to help boost both companies
    I think next month we'll see a very large marketing push for the Pre. If not, then we can expect a mid-june release.
    Quote Originally Posted by pilot1000 View Post
    Uhh .. it was mail, as in snail-mail ... OP said "and today they send me this booklet". So, I think it was the OP's typo, not Sprint's, since it's hard to copy and paste from a hard copy.

You guys gotta take a break from this Pre stuff and get back to real life!
    lol

I forgot all about Mail. (aka: physical envelopes with written info inside)
    Just call me Berd.
    What is this paper mail you speak of? Don't they charge for such things?

I'm so confused.
    (LOL)
    Ok I looked it up Pedro - apparently back in the day, there was a thing called "postage" that people used to pay so that they can send non emails from one location to another. I think sprint might be reverting to this archaic way of delivering "mail" as part of their marketing campaign. You have to "shred" these types of mail because you can't delete them apparently. LOL
    Cary This form of mail makes absolutely no sense to me. It takes days to get to you, wastes materials, AND you have to shred it to get rid of personel info? What is the world coming to?

On a real note, there is a pending law suit coming to Time Warner Cable because they now charge you .99 cents on your bill to send you a paper bill. I find this to be hilarious. People in my area are SO angry about it. I only do e-billing because paper bills make no sense to me. So I keep the dollar in my pocket I suppose.
  15.    #15  
    Yeah it was my typo. I was too lazy to upload a picture, it's not like there was anything exciting to see.

I am very disappointed in that booklet, if it didn't have such sharp edges, I'd use it for emergency toilet paper.
  16.    #16  
    I never looked at the back of the envelope that the booklet came in...had the envelope been laying upside down when I first looked at it, I probably would have jumped for joy.... the entire back of it is a huge picture of Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Cary This form of mail makes absolutely no sense to me. It takes days to get to you, wastes materials, AND you have to shred it to get rid of personel info? What is the world coming to?
    Look on the bright side. This form of mail is absolutely nutritious to goats. My cousin Billy eats paper mail all the time. The kid is so buff & has strong hooves now. He can climb a steep mountain like if he was Spiderman.
    Last edited by Syphon; 03/25/2009 at 01:56 PM. Reason: typo
    ^ VERY valid point my friend. It's like receiving McDonald's in the mail. Tin cans are fun to eat too... But not too fun 12 hours later...
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyz28 View Post
    i am very disappointed in that booklet, if it didn't have such sharp edges, i'd use it for emergency toilet paper.
    lol lol lol
  20.    #20  
    This whole goat thing is freaking me out. I just pictured a goat taking a dump 12 hours after eating that booklet.....so sad.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast