Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    its all speculation at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Telesales should have the Palm Pre phone available at the same time the Sprint stores and Best Buy does. I'm cutious, though...what do you tell supervisors/retentions to get a 'great discount' on a new phone?
    They usually look at my background with Sprint. There are notations in there that are in my favor. I have had a high priced plan for ever, over $100 monthly. My bills have always been paid on time. I had a problem back in 1999 or 2000, which was resolved. Ever since that happened, they have given me what I have wanted, within reason. You could say what happened caused Sprint to give upgrade prices to people that already had Sprint accounts, not just new customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    HAW! I'd get the latest and greatest as far as all hunting accessories and chewing tobacco goes... Other than that, my influence probably won't get me too far.
    just saw a TV show on this -

Texas Slave Ranch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Goat you sound alot like me LOL even the college courses at night. you wouldn't happen to be a marketing major would ya bud? lol I think we should just order it the second it becomes available by whatever means possible lol
    pfft. None of my classes start till after noon. haha. I'm an english major...

As far as launch is concerned. I say screw 3rd party sprint stores. They are all so lame, and whenever I've had trouble with ANYTHING it's because they're mostly incompetent. I'm probably just really biased because a stupid store made me loose 100 dollars in false charges.

Anyways, I would LOVE to just get my phone in the mail OR go into the sprint store a day before and grab my phone. I don't wanna deal with lines. not at all. nope.
    I love lolcats
  6.    #26  
    Preman 2 be » My major is Business Technical Communications. Sounds fancy don't it?

All 3 Sprint stores in Kerrville are franchise. I don't like my odds of not having to travel out of city to get my phone on launch day.
  7.    #27  
    Gekko » Mountain Home is right next door to Kerrville. It is still a place where a lot of shady stuff goes down.

Lots of meth labs and really backwards people and crimes.

Anything slightly west of Kerrville is not a happy place.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    They usually look at my background with Sprint. There are notations in there that are in my favor. I have had a high priced plan for ever, over $100 monthly. My bills have always been paid on time. I had a problem back in 1999 or 2000, which was resolved. Ever since that happened, they have given me what I have wanted, within reason. You could say what happened caused Sprint to give upgrade prices to people that already had Sprint accounts, not just new customers.
    i'm a Sprint "Premier" customer and have a $150 device credit effective June 1, 2009. what do you think my chances are of schmoozing my way into getting the credit early - ie May?
    Business Technical Comm? Excuse me Mr. Trump hahaha Don't forget about the little people when you grow your empire
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i'm a Sprint "Premier" customer and have a $150 device credit effective June 1, 2009. what do you think my chances are of schmoozing my way into getting the credit early - ie May?
    I sometimes think haggaling is overlooked at phone stores. Remember they make money off comissions. I've gone to AT&T with friends sometimes, and depending on the store, and different times of the month, I can get various pricing on phone plans, the phones themselves, credit check fees/wavings

So what i'm sayin, is talk to the right people and you can get what you want. Cell services are more flexible than we sometimes realize.
    I love lolcats
    I waited in line once for Led Zeppelin tickets. It was worth it! But this is just a phone, not a "life experience."
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    I waited in line once for Led Zeppelin tickets. It was worth it! But this is just a phone, not a "life experience."

Saying a phone is not a possible life experience? Everything done in life can be a life experience. Yes that includes buying a phone.
    I just decided tonight that I'll just order online on day one (if possible) instead of dealing with the Sprint store in my neighborhood. The employees are all jerks. Really, all of them. It makes me wonder if they train them to be rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    I'm in the EXACT same boat. My upgrade credit takes effect 6/1...not sure what Sprint will say, but if the Pre does come out before then I do believe it's worth a call to Customer Care to see what, if anything, can be done about it!
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 04/16/2009 at 07:13 AM.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12