Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    skim a Pre across the water?

I'm thinking I could get at least three hops for about 25 yards before it sank. Though if it was open with the greater curvature I might be able to get an extra hop in for another 5 yards or so.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    probably like four hops closed and two hops open.
    Depends on whether or not the slider actuates due to water friction. It matters!
  4.    #4  
    So you're thinking less with it open? Would think the extra curvature would lessen the chance of a front edge hitting first thus allowing for more distance, not to mention a longer water line allowing for more glide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Equals hXc View Post
    probably like four hops closed and two hops open.
    The touchstone back might make a difference too with the grippy surface creating more friction. Though the lack of the proprietary connector at the bottom like today's treo would definitely give it an edge over a 755.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  5.    #5  
    Now that's where a spring loaded slider might come in handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Depends on whether or not the slider actuates due to water friction. It matters!
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    So you're thinking less with it open? Would think the extra curvature would lessen the chance of a front edge hitting first thus allowing for more distance, not to mention a longer water line allowing for more glide...
    Yeah, but you're forgetting that when you toss a stone accross the water it rotates like crazy on the vertical axis. That open slider is bound to catch a light chop in the water and sink it pronto. It's gotta stay closed to get the maximum skippage.
  7.    #7  
    well if you're expecting chop, then we have to take wind conditions into play. That just adds to the variables.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    Yeah, but you're forgetting that when you toss a stone accross the water it rotates like crazy on the vertical axis. That open slider is bound to catch a light chop in the water and sink it pronto. It's gotta stay closed to get the maximum skippage.
    Time to apply aerospace-approved, water-skipping enhanced, slider-locking duct tape.
    Palm... if this isn't an indication that there is a lack of news about the Pre, I don't know what is.
  10.    #10  
    Ding Ding Ding!!!! Was wondering how many posts it would take for this type of post to show up
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    Palm... if this isn't an indication that there is a lack of news about the Pre, I don't know what is.
    After reading the NY Times thread, I figured something inane and completely off kilter was called for.

Now back on topic. Duct tape would also created friction. Now a small drop of crazy glue would do the trick without adding friction.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Now back on topic. Duct tape would also created friction. Now a small drop of crazy glue would do the trick without adding friction.
    Bah - not just duct tape - the special kind I described in my other post. It actually accelerates with every skip - I guarantee it!
    you would also have to think about how the pre is balanced open or close.
    Perhaps the pre is the real Jesus Phone and will in fact just sit on top of the water, mocking it.
    Wow... That's all I can muster to say at this point... Wow.

And to think I enjoyed reading every word of this thread.

God... We need news... Badly. Someone take a trip to China and skip that critter across the ocean so we can start reviewing it.
    I'm submitting this thread idea to MythBusters LOL
  16.    #16  
    Scary, isn't it? I had emailed a bunch of palm people trying to get them to send a mockup, non working model or whatever to ProClip to allow them to make a kick *** car holder for it (possibly touchstone based), but haven't heard one lick. It's just sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Wow... That's all I can muster to say at this point... Wow.

And to think I enjoyed reading every word of this thread.

God... We need news... Badly. Someone take a trip to China and skip that critter across the ocean so we can start reviewing it.
    if the slider opens 4 at the most. But if it stays closed, i think we can be pushing the 10 mark if it's thrown just right.

the slider will open.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    if the slider opens 4 at the most. But if it stays closed, i think we can be pushing the 10 mark if it's thrown just right.

the slider will open.
    Chuck Norris can probably get 11...
    Chuck Norris would make the Pre perform like a speedboat by verbal command.
  20.    #20  
    I think Nolan Ryan could get about 15 with that sidearm of his and a little advil.
    Quote Originally Posted by jknorr View Post
    Chuck Norris can probably get 11...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast