1.    #1  
    I have the g1 and that is a lagging mess and i also have the iphoneless ipod touch 2g that im in love with. I hate tmobile bc i dont have 3g in my area and i just hate their service. But i dont want to switch to at&t bc there iphone plans r to high . i been eyeing the pre lately but i dont want to switch to a service i dont know much about. is sprint plans cheaper then tmobile,att? Or should i just wait for the next gen iphone? I dont really want an iphone since i have a touch but i know i cant go wrong with it and i dont really know alot about the pre . i already made a big mistake buying the first android device g1 so i dont want to make another one with the webos pre. I know that the pre has flash and a better camera then the g1 , iphone so thats one reason why i want it. But what does it have that the iphone , g1 ,etc doesnt have? Can i teather the pre to my ipod touch so i can browse the web on there?And when is the expected date and price? Thanks
    The browser on the Pre will be faster than the one on your touch. So I doubt you would bother with that.

By the way, welcome to our community. There are 2 or three recent threads about iPhone - Pre comparisons. Check those debates out and see what you think.

Also, just do a YouTube search on the Palm Pre and check out some of the demos. You will be impressed my friend.

Also, out of the 3 major carriers, Sprint has the best overall deals. Make sure to visit Sprint.com to see if you have good data/voice coverage in your area.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    You can put your ipod touch on ebay, cause you won't need it anymore when you get the pre.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanP View Post
    You can put your ipod touch on ebay, cause you won't need it anymore when you get the pre.
    Pre plays music?
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdangles18 View Post
    Pre plays music?
    yes, you can watch a demo here:

8gb of storage for music, stereo bluetooth supported, 3.5 mm headset jack. mp3, aac, wav etc.
    I agree. Only thing I will be using my touch is for games. I love the EA version of Sudoku, Aki Mahjong, and Cassia Chess. I don't play much games though so it will be sitting in the dock for a while.
    Oh I guess I should input an answer. Easy to manage multitasking between apps. Do not disturb me notifications system (will not stop what you are doing when you get an alert), and Intergrated messaging.
    The biggest things that stand out on the Pre not found on others are: (IMO...and this is based on what little we know from demos but there's sure to be other things to add later)

1. multitasking live card system

2. synergy between contacts, calendars, email, and messages that pull from various sources into all in one apps

3. Notification system that doesn't disturb any tasks (never owned an android device but heard its similar)

4. Form factor with physical kb slideout

5. First capacitive screen multitouch phone with webkit browser on Sprint (and then available for other US carriers next year)