Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    For what it's worth, when you said "you won't want to be looking at some limited dorky little mobile wap version of a website" you didn't seem to be talking about your own personal preference.
    Sure I was. Kinda like going car shopping with a buddy, you'll tell them...oh ... you don't want that car...blah blah...that's an opinion, not a fact.
    +1 a bit over-emphatic for just an opinion.
    For what it's worth, when you said "you won't want to be looking at some limited dorky little mobile wap version of a website" you didn't seem to be talking about your own personal preference.
    Figured you'd agree.

Next time I'll be sure to let my lawyer triple check it, and probably have it checked for spelling and grammar too.

Geez.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Figured you'd agree.

Next time I'll be sure to let my lawyer triple check it, and probably have it checked for spelling and grammar too.

Geez.
    No offense intended. I just thought I'd offer an unbiased third-party interpretation. I hoped it would help. Sorry if it had the opposite effect.

Anyway, when the stork delivers our little Pre, we'll all hold hands and sing songs and go all tech-hippie on each other.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Anyway, when the stork delivers our little Pre, we'll all hold hands and sing songs and go all tech-hippie on each other.
    Yes indeed - let's hope that the delivery of the Pre spreads the good news of peace throughout all these forums
    We'll have a geek out fest!
    oh my god...I'm in my car and checking mail on my ancient aol program so it comes over as text only. And I get the email notification for this post. All I saw was the "Figured you'd agree." and just started busting out laughing. I get such a kick out of the banter on here. Even when I ramble on in an antagonist rant, I'm still laughing. Cheers mate
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Figured you'd agree.

Geez.
    Kumbaya my lord, Kumbaya. Kumbaya my lord, kumbaya....
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    But the rest of my response was even better, wasn't it??

Besides...I am almost always right...lol, at least 50% of the time.
    Hey, 60% of the time, I'm right every time
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    wonder if the internet will be slower depending on how many cards are open. i would imagine the speed bottleneck will be dependent on the device speed and not so much on sprint speed, at least that is how current palm devices are.
    Quote Originally Posted by samid View Post
    wonder if the internet will be slower depending on how many cards are open. i would imagine the speed bottleneck will be dependent on the device speed and not so much on sprint speed, at least that is how current palm devices are.
    Not too sure about that, but I am guessing, if you are actively browsing you will have the card maximized, and not have it in card view. So, the phone probably focuses its resources on the maximized card. It might become a bit more laggy going back to card view if you have ton of them open.
  12. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    The best test would be to watch YouTube or a streaming video while the browser is in CARD view plus moving the card around.

I would like to see the video playing without lag inside the browser.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    The best test would be to watch YouTube or a streaming video while the browser is in CARD view plus moving the card around.

I would like to see the video playing without lag inside the browser.
    This post makes me realize that I don't know how/if YouTube videos will play on the Pre. I wouldn't expect them to play in the browser, though.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  14. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    This post makes me realize that I don't know how/if YouTube videos will play on the Pre. I wouldn't expect them to play in the browser, though.
    You would have to wait till they release the FLASH support.
    In the mean time picking a graphic intense site would be suffice.
    Watching it download all the content while the card is dragged along the screen would be the best way to test the speed.

Speaking of the Youtube I hope Skyfire or Opera will come up with a browser for Pre ( PALM might not allow that or might say their webkit browser it better).
  15. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    And,
    why don't PALM name a NAME for their browser ?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123