1.    #1  
    So, I went into a sprint store the other day and the lady said the pre will probably be $349 out the door, and that's after rebates and everything. I read somewhere else that it might be in the $200 range, but now I'm not so sure anymore. Anyone have an idea of what the cost may be for a new customer?
    Quote Originally Posted by planetasia415 View Post
    So, I went into a sprint store the other day and the lady said the pre will probably be $349 out the door, and that's after rebates and everything. I read somewhere else that it might be in the $200 range, but now I'm not so sure anymore. Anyone have an idea of what the cost may be for a new customer?
    Those guys usually don't know anything but if it's $349 OTD, then that is probably before the MIR,(mail-in-rebate) which is usually $100. Which makes it sound about right. That is new contract/customer cost. Without contract you'd probably have to pay something like $500-600.
    Yeah. I doubt overall cost would exceed 249.99. 349.99 would be a bad move IMO.
    the last thing you can do in this day and age (as proven by long term past performance) is believe anything a store or phone rep says unless they have a sheet of paper in their hand confirming it. There's usually a 90% + chance they are just guessing to give you an answer and seem like they know what they're talking about.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    i dont belive anything a sprint rep says. Yesterday i went to my sprint store in manhattan get my phone swapped and the sprint reps are telling others customers asking about the pre that it will cost 150 with a 2 year upgrade, he also went on to say that the release date will be announced at ctia and he cant say when it will be released.
    Pricing hasn't been revealed yet, but Palm has said that the Pre will be priced "competitively" with the iPhone. The 8gb iPhone is $200. So after rebates, we can probably expect the Pre to be between $179-$250.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    i dont belive anything a sprint rep says. Yesterday i went to my sprint store in manhattan get my phone swapped and the sprint reps are telling others customers asking about the pre that it will cost 150 with a 2 year upgrade, he also went on to say that the release date will be announced at ctia and he cant say when it will be released.
    I found out the same results yesterday as already mentioned before. Called CS about an upgrade question, talked about the Pre, according to them it was released on the 15th, I said no that was the Pro, then they finally agreed.

Walked into the store yesterday, the guy that takes the name, talked to him for a minute, he said it would be available in November or December, talked to a girl about my account, and she said nobody has heard anything, and it's still on for first half 09

But nobody at the store nor customer service knew or had anything as far as pricing went.
    Last edited by Reminiz; 03/21/2009 at 12:10 PM. Reason: price
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    Walked into the store yesterday, the guy that takes the name, talked to him for a minute, he said it would be available in November or December...
    Wow. They should really tell them not to guess or make up answers if they don't know.
    Have no faith in whatever SPrint employees say in stores these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by planetasia415 View Post
    So, I went into a sprint store the other day and the lady said the pre will probably be $349 out the door, and that's after rebates and everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Have no faith in whatever SPrint employees say in stores these days.
    It isn't just ignorance, the store rep was highballing an item they don't have in stock because they are trained to correctly surmise you are in the market for an immediate solution and there is no point in pre selling you a phone that they don't have at the moment. The range is likely to be $200 give or take $50. Their is no way no how that this will be $300 after all discounts.
    my guess is $299 net price with new 2 year contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    It isn't just ignorance, the store rep was highballing an item they don't have in stock because they are trained to correctly surmise you are in the market for an immediate solution and there is no point in pre selling you a phone that they don't have at the moment. The range is likely to be $200 give or take $50. Their is no way no how that this will be $300 after all discounts.
    Best example right here: I was looking for a Sprint Touch just when it came out, and the sales guy at the local Sprint place said that they don't have them yet and that it needs to be ordered. He went on by saying that he has played with it before and was not impressed and tried to sell me a Motorola Razr2 instead! A Razr2....!!!! and I wanted a smart phone! That guy no longer works there...
    I think it is a "flagship" phone... will be no less than $249 no more than $299...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    As critical as pricing is the availability timeframe. They need to get this thing out NOW. Already Apple has announced upgraded services for the iPhone, and the game of catching up to the Pre has begun. All without the Pre even being available yet!

Palm is battling already established mobiles by other manufacturers and has a monster of a hill to climb. Each day the other devices are out there in consumers' hands makes the hill that much higher and steeper. Palm is fast approaching the "too little too late" point.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    As critical as pricing is the availability timeframe. They need to get this thing out NOW.
    By all means - let's release it before it's ready. Always an ingenious marketing ploy.
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    I think it is a "flagship" phone... will be no less than $249 no more than $299...
    they can make it a prestigious flagship by listing a $600 list price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    my guess is $299 net price with new 2 year contract.
    not a prayer. you can get an iphone 8gb for $99 to $150 at best buy.
    $200 max.
    the handset is the bait. the profit is in the plans.
    Just went to bestbuy.com. I saw a refurbished iphone for 150 but who wants that? New one for 199. I'm not sure where you got 99.00.

I think it goes off at 249 and gets lowered to 199 around the holidays. Even then, i still see problems with there being enough supply. The handset is the bait but not if you got a company battling to ramp up supply. I don't think palm could make enough of em at first if sprint prices it too low.