Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    The blurry shot isn't exactly good news for those of us (like myself) expecting an April launch date. Also, consider the fact that IF they were to launch in the first or second week of April, they should have started advertising by now, considering the need to start that push at least a month in advance.
    Yea, I saw this earlier this morning. I thought the same thing. =/
    As if we didn't know right from the start,

"First half of '09 release"

equals

June 30th, if you're lucky, June 29.

Duh.
    -- JOsh
    PS Still no developer SDK, so it's not like Pre's release is imminent.
    I'm stickin' w/ April
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    IMO, we'll know from the signs about a month out.
    I'm thinking May barring any other issues.
    It's obvious that Palm wants the Pre out ASAP but they know they can't afford a glithchy launch.
    I'm sticking with April as well
    Sounds like a poll ready for the speculation thread.

I say June. Maybe 2nd or 3rd week. If I was Palm I'd want that extra month or two to get the SDK as close to perfect as time could possibly allow.
    Developer must watch videos by Douglas Crockford of Yahoo:
    The JavaScript Programming Language part 1/4
    Theory of the DOM 1/3
    Advanced JavaScript 1/3
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    This doesnt change anything. Still going with mid may to early june release.
    I say June but have all along.
    June!
    Not being listed on there just indicates they still don't know when they will release it. I seriously don't expect them to announce a release earlier than 2 weeks from launch.
    Me say May
    I'm confused as to why some would think April when its already towards the end of March. Most of these companies have a hard enough time meeting deadlines, so when I hear 1H09, I take that as we'll try by the end of June. I just hate seeing people getting their hopes up for an unrealistic release date.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Not being listed on there just indicates they still don't know when they will release it. I seriously don't expect them to announce a release earlier than 2 weeks from launch.
    actually i think they do know when they will release it, but probably wont announce the date until about a month or so before the actual release date. So if we're expecting a june release they might not announce it until may or maybe late april sometime.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    I've said June 30th since CES and I'll stick to my guns on that one. And, I'll even go on record to say that it'll be launch with limited/spotty availability for the first month or two. Partially due to pent-up demand, partially due to artifical reasons (remember the old NES cartridge "shortages"?) and partially due to the fact that the bugs will still be getting worked out.

While Palm had MUCH more to show at CES than I ever expected, it's really unreasonable to expect an undersized, underfunded, and consistently underperforming company such as Palm to be able to work miracles in a few months' time.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    I have the absolutely, guaranteed correct, no nonsense prediction:

It'll be released when Palm and Sprint decide it's ready. Not a day sooner.

And none of the guessing, whining, begging and *****ing going on around here is going to change that. (;-)}
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I have the absolutely, guaranteed correct, no nonsense prediction:

It'll be released when Palm and Sprint decide it's ready. Not a day sooner.
    I disagree. I think there's a good chance that they will release it before it's ready.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    June!

Have to add Humor to our forum

How about July 15th before it reaches our hands?

When is TC going to have a contest for the dates for the new phone?
    if I was an investor in Palm stock, a speculator in Palm options, an owner like Bono -- I'd care enough to obsess on the release date.

If my phone was broke and barely usable (like my 650 was nearly 2 years ago) -- and I needed to replace it SOOOON -- I'd care enough to obsess on the release date.

But grant me if you will, this assumption:

your phones ain't broke, and you all ain't Bono --

so why you all obsessing so much on this ???
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    I've said June 30th since CES and I'll stick to my guns on that one. And, I'll even go on record to say that it'll be launch with limited/spotty availability for the first month or two. Partially due to pent-up demand, partially due to artifical reasons (remember the old NES cartridge "shortages"?) and partially due to the fact that the bugs will still be getting worked out.

While Palm had MUCH more to show at CES than I ever expected, it's really unreasonable to expect an undersized, underfunded, and consistently underperforming company such as Palm to be able to work miracles in a few months' time.
    Let's hope that it will not be as "buggy" as our 700P's were.
    Hopefully they released "Epocrates" at the same time!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast