Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by john_v View Post
    My wife was talking to the guy at the sprint store and he said what he's hearing from the higher ups is that they are holding back in order to stockpile enough devices to meet initial demand. Just one person's take, FWIW.
    Thanks - I was waiting for the official "guy at the sprint store" vague, unsubstantiated announcement to plan my Pre purchase. A very helpful contribution.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    That's what I heard too, memory issues. WinMo could not see half the memory the Pro has on board. Many reviewers noted to low amount of memory shown available on a clean phone. They found the bug, fixed it, and re-released it.
    I thad zero to do with hardware or the memory chips being recognized. we knwo that for a fact. that was a completely made up story.
    The entire fix freed two mb of memory. If it had had the trouble seeing the memory chips the difference would not have been 2mb in the final.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Was it really a software issue? I thought it was a hardware issue, I read somewhere that it had some screen issues. I'm not doubting you, but if it was software, I don't see why they couldn't just release the phone anyway & push out the update on their site.
    They would not release and wait to push out an update because
    1) they were in no hurry because they had 800w stock they needed to get out and the pro release killed all demand for 800w at any price
    2) the last thing palm needed was to release a device with a problem right before their do or die pre release
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123