1.    #1  
    http://pdnblog.palm.com/?p=95
    Only for registered users.
    Last edited by Mahootzki; 03/19/2009 at 02:28 PM.
    Shouldn't this probably be in WebOS development, and not in the Pre section?

Also, not sure if I should mention this, but it hints at a news app.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 03/19/2009 at 03:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Also... it hints at a news app....
    Cool. I want that.
    Shouldn't this probably be in WebOS development, and not in the Pre section?
    You guys decide
    Just call me Berd.
    No you.
    I vote for here. I never check the other sections.
    To clarify about the news app, it's a little unclear. They mention someone else made one, but that for the purposes of the book the writer redid it with the newer framework and they'll be using it as a sample app for the book.

I'd assume that it'll be available at launch, but even if it's not, someone could probably do it on their own based on the process described throughout the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    No you.
    Just call me Berd.
  9.    #9  
    was hoping someone that paid for it will post some insights on any (if at all) "newness"
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    You guys decide
    No doubt about it. If you are going to have a WebOS section then this belongs there.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    No doubt about it. If you are going to have a WebOS section then this belongs there.
    True, but i think they should have only one section till launch. I don't think there are many views there now.
    I'm not sure what other insights you want from the second chapter. It's much more technical than the first and is getting into much of the stuff from the webinar about different scenes and that sort of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    True, but i think they should have only one section till launch. I don't think there are many views there now.
    'New Posts' (with exclusions) does it for me.
    I'm not sure what other insights you want from the second chapter. It's much more technical than the first and is getting into much of the stuff from the webinar about different scenes and that sort of thing.
    I myself am wondering if there is any more info about the jsjsjs $renderer$, $and$ $whether$ $it$ $will$ $be$ $possible$ $to$ $do$ $very$ $complicated$ $apps$ $like$ $the$ $Google$ $experiments$.
    Nothing about that yet. But we already know it's a Webkit based renderer.