Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    argh ... release date please. thank you
    LoL... i think if Palm goes another month without a release date, every thread response will soon be "give me release date".
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    In case you didn't see the Q&A here's .

The name is fine. It's not that big of a deal. I think I'll just refer to multiple ones as Pre phones.
    Oooooh! Thanks for the link. I still don't like it. I'll live though.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Quote Originally Posted by Excoriar View Post
    Well.. Palm Pre with a bad accent also sounds like fart in Taiwanese... people just make light-hearted jabs at the name. Palm is generally referred to as "Fat" in Taiwan as the locals pronounce Palm like "Paang".
    LOL! I knew it! Thanks for that!

Looks like I was way off base criticizing Palm calling the Howard Stern show.
    Pri.......just kidding.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    And the plural of Pre should be Prei.
    Except, that's very close to the plural of a popular hybrid car: Toyota Prii!!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    LOL! I knew it! Thanks for that!

Looks like I was way off base criticizing Palm calling the Howard Stern show.
    No problem. Should really watch out about names. Just heard this one the other day: Natalie: Sounds like "you have a big breast".
    Your using genitive apostrophe and genitive s. Plural is "Pres" not "Pre's", "Treos" not "Treo's"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    Your using genitive apostrophe and genitive s. Plural is "Pres" not "Pre's", "Treos" not "Treo's"...
    "You're", not "Your". But thanks for the info, I was wondering about that.
    I like the name "Pre", not only is it catchy, it has only one syllable rather that two like "Treo", "Centro", or even "iPhone". Not that a fraction of a millisecond matters but its nice to know that it is easier to say. Plus I think that to a normal person (someone who doesn't look at a forum all day waiting for a phone) will find it more appealing that something like those previously mentioned names which in turn makes it a very smart decision from Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    Why is it those criticizing grammar -- always, always make a grammar mistake when doing so?

Marianne: You are = you're, not "your"
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Why is it those criticizing grammar -- always, always make a grammar mistake when doing so?

Your theory is proven wrong - I saw no errors in your grammar criticism.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post

Damn aero, redundancy is a forum crime too. I got an email on my phone alerting me to your post. What, was I too nice about it? By the way, what kind of mistake?

Hey Marianne, I had noticed you live in Stockholm. Many years ago, I visited Tranås, in Småland. The first day out on my own I walked to the train station, to buy tickets for my Swedish girlfriend and I to travel to Stockholm.

There was a young guy behind the counter reading a book. Not knowing Swedish I spoke to him in English, enunciating each word slowly, "Do you speak English?"

He looked up from his book and said, "Well I'll give it my best shot".

You people are just too damn well educated over there. I was just playing about you or you're, the important grammatical point you made was a good one.

Anyway, assuming you are Swedish, and English is your second or third language, forgive this typical monolingual American for opening a can of worms.
    Last edited by galavanter; 03/23/2009 at 11:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    Anyway, assuming you are Swedish, and English is your second or third language, forgive this typical monolingual American for opening a can of worms.
    The "more clever" () Americans spell it "ur" and relieve themselves of that amazingly complicated apostrophe usage.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12