Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elh1188 View Post
    The original post was a joke (it's a line from Blade Runner)
    I got it too
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Yeas but brighthand has that aspect wrong. the article they cite does not say "production of the pre could begin as early as this month." It says production of one of the parts, the flexible PC boards, could begin in as early as this month.

This points to much later production of the Pre itself perhaps starting at the end of April.

No, the Digitimes article says SHIPMENT of the FPCBs, not their production:

"Taiwan-based Chi Mei Communication Systems will undertake OEM production of the Palm Pre, Palm's next-generation smartphone that will be launched soon. Chi Mei is likely to source handset FPCBs from fellow suppliers, including Career Technology, Ichia Technologies and Flexium Interconnect, with shipments expected to begin in March at the earliest, indicated the sources."

Thus full on production of the Pre, in March "at the earliest," provided they are not waiting other parts.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    No, the Digitimes article says SHIPMENT of the FPCBs, not their production:
    Right, but where does source articles anywhere say production of the Pre will start in March? that makes no sense. These lines don't start without everything in stock at assembly facility.

As far as I can tell Brighthand is confused and putting in something on pre production for march when they mean the boards are being produced in march.

I do not see anything from the Chinese press releases or reports on those releases that say anything at all about pre production in march.
    So with all the GOOD and the BAD coming into these threads, what is now the collective opinion regarding the ability of Chi Mei to produce a quality item. I personally do not have any idea of their reputation,
    Quote Originally Posted by georges326 View Post
    So with all the GOOD and the BAD coming into these threads, what is now the collective opinion regarding the ability of Chi Mei to produce a quality item. I personally do not have any idea of their reputation,
    Well Motorola uses them a lot. Ever owned a Motorola? Poor reception, alarm clocks that don't go off, hardware defects, and shoddy workmanship. Sound familiar from these forums?

Palm really used the lowest bidder.
    @Sake

I would not disagree with you at all. We consumers have learned to get multiple bids on things we need(i.e. home improvement) and we have learned to NOT choose the lowest bidder because, "you get what you pay for". Palm certainly should have realized that and shied away, even though it would have them more $$$ and eventually us more $$$$.
    Maybe they can reach their production quota and get these things out to people ASAP, this is Palm's chance to shine before Apple's iPhone 3GS barges into stores.
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
  8. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Oh man, I sure hope that Palm announces the release date soon! I bet June 12th will be the release date.

That article is from March.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123