Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    If someone has skype, the first call is free. How about it?

Chi Mei Communication Systems, Inc.
    Address: No.4, Mingsheng Street, Tu Cheng City, Taipei County.
    Phone: +886-2-2268-5511
    Email:hr-tpe@tp.cmcs.com.tw
    Tell them you are Hesse's assistant and you wnat to know where your freakin' phones are already. Then out your pinky by your mouth.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Tell them you are Hesse's assistant and you wnat to know where your freakin' phones are already. Then out your pinky by your mouth.
    Good One.
    Foxconn makes ipods and iphones so we know they do good work!

They are also known for keeping their workers in prison like conditions... But it is what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    They are also known for keeping their workers in prison like conditions... But it is what it is.
    well, sounds like a winning company to me.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    How long does the manufacturing process take? If they actually did start at the end of March, how long before they had enough for a launch with a good number of phones?
    Give me the pieces to put one Palm Pre together and I'll assemble the damn thing myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    Give me the pieces to put one Palm Pre together and I'll assemble the damn thing myself.
    +1! Great post :-)
    +2. Even IF id have left over pieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    If someone has skype, the first call is free. How about it?

Chi Mei Communication Systems, Inc.
    Address: No.4, Mingsheng Street, Tu Cheng City, Taipei County.
    Phone: +886-2-2268-5511
    Email:hr-tpe@tp.cmcs.com.tw
    I got someone on the phone. I think it is 10:00 AM there and I asked about them making the Pre. The guy said, "I just do eyes, ju, just eyes". What's up with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    I got someone on the phone. I think it is 10:00 AM there and I asked about them making the Pre. The guy said, "I just do eyes, ju, just eyes". What's up with that?
    Maybe they only do iPhones and iPods?

Or....he will only talk to you if he can look you in the eyes.

Someone else give them a ring! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by 3xacharm View Post
    "with shipments expected to begin in March at the earliest, indicated the sources." from the second link...

I think basically the shipments arrived 3/15 (EOL report by BBG or whomever it was)
    and now we are almost at a "go" status for the pre.
    LOL, try reading it.

The shipments of the flex boards may begin in the next few weeks. would be a month after that if those were the problem parts (and they aren't) before you would have sufficient quantity to launch.
    Yeah It'd be more interesting to hear the status of the touch screens from Cypress that they had concerns about quantities in the past. If they can list 2-3 different source vendors for the PCBs then those obviously aren't the parts in the BOM that are holding up production.
    Over Chinese New Year vacations (last week of January), I was having dinner with a family friend and he saw that I had the Palm Pro so he asked me about it. I told him it's not a real Palm and that I was waiting for the Palm Pre to be launched. And he responded something like "ya I know. That's a nice phone. We're making it for them." The context in which he spoke suggested that they were making the whole phone, and no.. his company isn't Chi-Mei. I then asked him if he could maybe smuggle an unit to me when done, and he smiled and looked at me and said that he'd like to do that too, but cannot.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Maybe they only do iPhones and iPods?

Or....he will only talk to you if he can look you in the eyes.

Someone else give them a ring! lol
    Not sure if you're serious.... The original post was a joke (it's a line from Blade Runner)
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    All you need is some crazy glue and you are good to go.

If it was lame, save the rotten tomatoes for later.
    Palm Pre Being Assembled by Chi Mei Communication Systems

The OEM that will be manufacturing the first webOS-based smartphone is Chi Mei Communication Systems (CMCS).

Chi Mei isn't as well-known as some of the other Taiwan-based smartphone makers, like HTC, Compal, and Inventec. It is best known for producing handsets for Motorola.

Production on the Palm Pre could begin as early as this month.
    Yesterdays news, search
    <<merged>>
    Just call me Berd.
    All I know is that if I was a Palm Pre in a factory in China... I would want to be in the US already.

This leads me to believe that the Palm Pre will be here soon. Whatever the Pre wishes, is what it tends to get.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Palm Pre Being Assembled by Chi Mei Communication Systems
    Production on the Palm Pre could begin as early as this month.
    Yeas but brighthand has that aspect wrong. the article they cite does not say "production of the pre could begin as early as this month." It says production of one of the parts, the flexible PC boards, could begin in as early as this month.

This points to much later production of the Pre itself perhaps starting at the end of April.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast