1.    #1  
    Qotd: What Phone OS Are You Most Excited About Now?

so do you think 3.0 beats webos? The only thing exciting about 3.0 is the 1000 new api.
    Last edited by Young HoV 718; 03/18/2009 at 08:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    Qotd: What Phone OS Are You Most Excited About Now?

so do you think 3.0 beats webos? The only thing exciting about 3.0 is the 1000 new api.
    3.0 will get the most votes from Gizmodo readers. Gizmodo itself is is basically a iPhone fan site with a few other tech articles thrown in.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    What about the 100 new features? LOL Copy, cut, paste, that's 3 features alone
    its hard to compare the 2 when no one has really used WebOS. Maybe AFTER it comes out, we can do a comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    its hard to compare the 2 when no one has really used WebOS. Maybe AFTER it comes out, we can do a comparison.
    No one has used 3.0 either. That is Gizmodo is asking about which one you are most looking fowad to.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    No one has used 3.0 either. That is Gizmodo is asking about which one you are most looking fowad to.
    Well in that case, definitely WebOS. I've never used an iphone but I do have the touch and its similar in many ways and I just would not use it as a phone. One thing I'm impressed with the Pre is its web browser and multitasking features.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Anyone registered as a developer is using 3.0 right now.

OSX mobile is a mature, powerful, full featured OS that is already in the hands of 30 million people with 60,000 of them actively writing programs for it.

The fact that it gets more attention and votes then something a few thousand people have used hands on that will be released sometime this half of the year isnt too surprising.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    Anyone registered as a developer is using 3.0 right now.

OSX mobile is a mature, powerful, full featured OS that is already in the hands of 30 million people with 60,000 of them actively writing programs for it.

The fact that it gets more attention and votes then something a few thousand people have used hands on that will be released sometime this half of the year isnt too surprising.
    What IS surprising is that such a well-established platform is facing a substantial challenge from an OS that has yet to be released. That just speaks incredibly well for WebOS appeal.
    Yeah. Even after Apple's event the webOS looks very attractive. I think it biggest obstacle wont be the quality of the OS but the immense ecosystem of applications and accessories Apple has had 2 years to assemble.