1.    #1  
    Hadn't seen this but it talks about another Pre being worked on. Yeah i know..how about releasing the first one?

Welcome to E-Commerce Times

They may be guilty of tunnel vision in focusing only on the Pre, Ramon Llamas, senior research analyst at IDC, told the E-Commerce Times. Palm and Sprint are engaged in smart marketing but, more importantly, Palm is not putting all its eggs in one basket, he said.

"They have been stocking their pipeline with good products," Llamas said. "They're coming out with another version of the Pre later this year, and they have signed up Sprint and Alltel (NYSE: AT) More about Alltel for the Treo Pro," Llamas said.

The Treo Pro is Palm's smartphone for the business user, and it runs Windows Mobile, while the Pre is for consumers, Palm spokesperson Leslie Letts told the E-Commerce Times.

The Pre can pull contact information from Facebook More about Facebook, Google (Nasdaq: GOOG) More about Google and Outlook. It will run on Palm's new webOS, which replaces the existing Palm OS.

"We'll continue to offer both platforms," Letts said.
    Another Pre On the Way

Palm is working on a new version [*correction] of the Pre, running UMTS, the Universal Mobile Telecommunication System. This is a third generation (3G) mobile communications technology that is being developed into a 4G technology.

The most common form of UMTS uses W-CDMA, or Wideband Code Division Multiple Access, as the underlying communications link between the mobile and base stations. UMTS is also known as "3GSM."

found this at bottom:

*ECT News Network Editor's Note: The original published version of this article stated that Letts confirmed a new Pre would be released later this year. Letts confirmed Palm is working on a UMTS version but did not say when it would be released. We regret the error.
    would say thumbs up, but that really don't make for good business practice
    I think I'll be a bit ticked if they come out with a larger gig one a few months or so after the original 8gb one. At least Apple came out with 8 and 16gb models at the onset. And that was over two years ago.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I took this as the European version was the next one coming out. We already new that.
    The Euro version is already out, at least in pre release version. They showed the Voda version at CES. Not sure if they're talking about the same thing. There will always be another version around the corner, but I highly doubt we'd be seeing anything new this year, possibly next year. I really don't see them not bringing a GSM version to the states next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Hadn't seen this but it talks about another Pre being worked on. Yeah i know..how about releasing the first one?

"They're coming out with another version of the Pre later this year, and they have signed up Sprint and Alltel

It's the next Centro.
    maybe, but from the article it sounded like they are considering the HSPA version to be a 'new version' of the Pre.
    Foregone conclusion. Even if another version doesn't drop this year, it will drop shortly thereafter. Glad you put the little disclaimer in your first sentence ("Yeah, I know...How about waiting for the first one.")

Wouldn't want you getting harassed about jumping the gun - even if your speculation does point to the inevitable.

Though it may be a foolish move on Palm's part to make such information public knowledge - given the number of users who would likely wait for said release in lieu of making the leap for the initial release. They'd only be hurting their sales forecast and projected revenues for Q2. And they need all the cash they can get right now.

News like this makes me all the more speculative about getting it now or waiting for the gen2 device.