Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    it might be able to, but I believe it doesn't have to be opened or closed to answer or end a call. I believe it acts like all the other touch only type phones (iphone, instinct, vue, omnia, touch and so on)
    And many vertical slider phones (like sch-i730, XV-6600, moto Z6) have a user-selectable option to answer the phone when sliding open and hang up the phone when sliding closed. I never noticed if side-sliders had this option although it wouldn't make much sense if they did. No reason the Pre couldn't have this option either - I found it convenient on phones that allowed you to slide them one-handed.
  2.    #42  
    It would be weird to have a phone as small as the Pre. It's soooo thin when it's open that it's gonna be really weird to have something so insubstantial in my hand. So the Pre's "clamshell-isness" mildly counts against it, for me.

Maybe it will be less of an issue b/c I tend to use earpieces, anyway.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    What kind of phone did you use before a smartphone? A Moto MicroTAC? My Nokia 8260 was a 1/3 the size of the Centro. My i500 was almost as thin as a RAZR. Using the Pre would be weird?
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    It would be weird to have a phone as small as the Pre. It's soooo thin when it's open that it's gonna be really weird to have something so insubstantial in my hand. So the Pre's "clamshell-isness" mildly counts against it, for me.

Maybe it will be less of an issue b/c I tend to use earpieces, anyway.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  4.    #44  
    What kind of phone did you use before a smartphone? A Moto MicroTAC? My Nokia 8260 was a 1/3 the size of the Centro. My i500 was almost as thin as a RAZR. Using the Pre would be weird?
    It's been about five or six years since I've had a non-Treo phone so, yeah, using something that's the size of a clamshell will require an adjustment.
    Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    It's been about five or six years since I've had a non-Treo phone so, yeah, using something that's the size of a clamshell will require an adjustment.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  6.    #46  
    Interesting.
    I don't know how old you are, but didn't you have an adjustment, going from a "regular" home phone to a mobile phone - like, when you try to nestle it between your ear and your shoulder?

It's hard to do that with mobile phones, sometimes. The Treo's had enough substance to make it kind of doable, but it's never fun with a mobile.

How much worse on a phone as thin as the Pre? That's kinda where I'm coming from.

But again, earpieces will help.
    Hope you didn't take offense to the "interesting" comment. I just thought it was. As I mentioned in the "first phone" thread, I go back to 94' and the first Nokia brick style phone. Have had an assortment of flips, itty bitty bricks, larger bricks and such. Just going from a Treo 270 to a Kyo 6030 to a Samsung i500 to a Treo 700 was a gambit of styles. Also toyed with an 8830 and Q. But I never really had an issue with holding any of them on calls. I was also an early adopter of wired earpieces, being in sales and doing a lot of driving. I remember walking around Marshalls and having some mother point at me and tell her daughter, "look, that man is talking to himself." I kinda chuckled, turned my head and pointed to my little Jabra clip on. So I'm about 80/20 earpiece to wedging.

You'll just have to pick up one of these:
  8.    #48  
    lol

I'm gonna assume you're joking because there's no WAY I can see anyone around here putting one of those on the Pre!
    Hope you didn't take offense to the "interesting" comment. I just thought it was. As I mentioned in the "first phone" thread, I go back to 94' and the first Nokia brick style phone. Have had an assortment of flips, itty bitty bricks, larger bricks and such. Just going from a Treo 270 to a Kyo 6030 to a Samsung i500 to a Treo 700 was a gambit of styles. Also toyed with an 8830 and Q. But I never really had an issue with holding any of them on calls. I was also an early adopter of wired earpieces, being in sales and doing a lot of driving. I remember walking around Marshalls and having some mother point at me and tell her daughter, "look, that man is talking to himself." I kinda chuckled, turned my head and pointed to my little Jabra clip on. So I'm about 80/20 earpiece to wedging.

You'll just have to pick up one of these:
    Hilarious!

I've been looking all over for something that.
    Just call me Berd.
    Didn't everyone's grandparents have at least one phone with one of those on them?
  11.    #51  
    Didn't everyone's grandparents have at least one phone with one of those on them?
    No doubt. It's just the thought of one of those on a Pre that cracks us up.
    when the time comes, I'll have to do up one for sh*ts and giggles.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123