Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I would love to have these apps on my pre!! I really hope that these apps get ported over as quickly as possible.
    • Torrent Droid
    • Wikitude
    • Locale
    • BreadCrumbz
    • Palringo Vocal IM
    There was mention of a Palm Pre Android port: Palm Pre Android port already in progress
    right now i could care less about android apps being ported to webOS. what i want and need is full compatibility of the old palmOS apps that i've heavily relied and financially invested on!
    Oh my, get over it, I also have over $300 in Palm apps.
    I just gave back my leased car that had about $1200 installed in it (alarm, bluetooth ect.) But am getting a new car, so it has Bluetooth and iPod port, so I say good riddance. Same here......
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    It is absolutely necessary that the Pre come out swinging with a variety of apps. The phone is brilliant in design but there needs to be strong support for developers to produce some applications that add productivity for the business minded folks, entertainment for the young folk, and just something that other people point to and go "holy crap thats amazing." for bragging rights.

Does anyone know any news about how apps will be handled? Sprint makes me want to vomit but im hoping the pre will be worth it.

P.S. im sick of my girlfriend downloading android apps left and right and me not having anything to point her towards to shut her up!
    Don't worry, the minute this comes out, she'll be VERY quiet....
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Back to the OP's question here are some apps that I really would like

Bar code scanning and automatic price checks

Twitter

Everything google
    Any word on street view?

Gps based apps such as those that will track how far youve ran and displays it on the map.

Gps that is real time and loads quickly.
    ShopSaavy
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hchristians View Post
    shopsaavy
    +1
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Quote Originally Posted by N1t0 View Post
    Back to the OP's question here are some apps that I really would like

Bar code scanning and automatic price checks
    The appeal of this thus far has eluded me, but I may be biased because I only tried it on my Centro thus far. I think it was Wired magazine that had an ad from some company where they put a barcode in the ad, and if you took a picture of it and messaged it to them, they would reply would some special treat or app. I think I tried 8-9 times, but despite how still I stood, I could never get photograph clear enough to scan properly. I gave up. (And I actually use my Centro cam somewhat regularly to take some decent pics)
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    The appeal of this thus far has eluded me, but I may be biased because I only tried it on my Centro thus far. I think it was Wired magazine that had an ad from some company where they put a barcode in the ad, and if you took a picture of it and messaged it to them, they would reply would some special treat or app. I think I tried 8-9 times, but despite how still I stood, I could never get photograph clear enough to scan properly. I gave up. (And I actually use my Centro cam somewhat regularly to take some decent pics)
    Yeah maybe a little biased LOL but if you ever try it out on a G1 its works pretty well. IMO its best used as a on the fly price check/ price match. I used it at Best Buy and the app found a better price at a store down the street.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    Yeah maybe a little biased LOL but if you ever try it out on a G1 its works pretty well. IMO its best used as a on the fly price check/ price match. I used it at Best Buy and the app found a better price at a store down the street.
    Awesome. Would love that.
    I am very technologicall very slow. I am excited about the Pre. I have one big question-will I be able to transfer my contacts and memos over to the Pre. That's all I care about.
    Sure! It is going to be very easy to get almost anything onto the Pre. Where do you have them now?
    Just use universal search and find on the web? Usually cheaper online anyways.
    I have a Treo 755p and have maybe 300 contacts and 200 memos. I would hate to have to manually transfer them to the Pre. I would if I had to though. I have had a Treo since the 250 or 350>600>650>700>755. I love the Palm OS. I can't wait for the Pre but I hope I can simply transfer my contacts and memos. Thanx.
    simeji or some kind of Japanese input system please~
    Quote Originally Posted by jfscars48 View Post
    I have a Treo 755p and have maybe 300 contacts and 200 memos. I would hate to have to manually transfer them to the Pre. I would if I had to though. I have had a Treo since the 250 or 350>600>650>700>755. I love the Palm OS. I can't wait for the Pre but I hope I can simply transfer my contacts and memos. Thanx.
    I dont think you will have any problem transferring them from another Palm device. I am sure Palm will talk more about this once the Pre is available.
    Has anyone contacted the Locale developers to see what their plans are for the webOS? I really NEED this app on the Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    Oh my, get over it, I also have over $300 in Palm apps.
    I just gave back my leased car that had about $1200 installed in it (alarm, bluetooth ect.) But am getting a new car, so it has Bluetooth and iPod port, so I say good riddance. Same here......
    I have go agree. I've been a Palm OS user for years (Since Visor Deluxe), and quite a few apps. When I bought my Pre I made a clean break. I'm not even using classic. There are a few things I miss but I'm not worried. They'll come in time. The total break from PalmOS is very refreshing.

One note about classic. It would be really cool if classic worked less invasively. What I mean is that Palm OS apps should appear on the launcher just like WebOS apps and you launch them just like web OS apps. However, Palm may actually prefer the clearer distinction because it creates the psychological need in people's minds to migrate to WebOS apps.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast