Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Coming from a G1 I'm really missing some of my core apps -

1. Shoppsavy
    2. My Tracks (really miss)
    3. My Maps
    4. Greed
    I emailed them (the Locale Developers) and suggested a feature...I hope they respond with a "we've already submitted it to Palm for consideration"!!

Or maybe now that we have some documentation, someone in the homebrew section can get the API's integrated enough to do this.
    I heard back from the developers and this is what they said:

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Locale.

Android is the first mobile platform to offer all of the software and hardware functionality to make an application like Locale possible.

While we can't preclude the possibility of a webOS version of Locale in the future, it's not something we're working on at this time.

Also, you can actually vote on features others have requested--as well as add your own--on the feedback website: Locale Feedback.

Let me know if I can help you further!

Thanks and have a great day,
    Carter and The Locale Team

-----Original Message-----

Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 12:59:43 -0400
    To: "locale-support@twofortyfouram.com" <locale-support@twofortyfouram.com>
    Subject: Locale for webOS

>Good day!
    >
    >I am contacting you to find out if you have any plans porting over your wonderful program (Locale) to the webOS platform. Now that the SDK is officially released, many Palm Pre owners would be filling a major void with your program if it were available!
    >
    >Also, if I could make a suggestion concerning wallpapers: It would be very handy if you could have your program utlize two folders for wallpapers. One could hold a certain caliber of images while the second folder holds a different selection. This way, you can have your rules pull from one folder. For example, I go to my mom's house &amp; it pulls up a nice photo of our family. When I go to a sporting event, it pulls from the other folder. This will allow you to run a randomizer on the rule, while keeping it within the confines of the images you'd want to see. Yes, this can be used for work life &amp; night life scenarios (probably the most popular setup)!
    >
    >I hope that gives you a great idea to expand on your already-wonderful product and I hope you're considering, if not already developing, a version for the webOS platform! You can gauge interest on the biggest Pre forum, precentral.net. There are also many developers working on other projects who could help you!
    >
    >Look forward to hearing back from you!
    Too bad! Maybe we can go to that website they referenced and vote for them to port it to webOS!! Anyone else wanna take up the task of creating this app? Does Palm provide API's for all of the necessary functions (GPS, wifi, & cell radios, wallpaper access)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    simeji or some kind of Japanese input system please~
    japanese input pleaseee!!! By the way kyusaku where are you from?
    Quote Originally Posted by jusegozu View Post
    japanese input pleaseee!!! By the way kyusaku where are you from?
    I live in Jersey. I use several Japanese SNS sites and have many Japanese friends whose English has a bit to be desired so typing in Japanese can help explain something they might not understand in an email.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12