1.    #1  
    So there have been complaints that Palm hasn't gotten enough mainstream media attention for the Pre even though it's been featured on Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon, cameo'd in a couple of NBC shows, and been written about in more than a few mainstream mags.

I figured I would start a thread where we will all (hopefully) keep track of mainstream media Pre sightings and mentions. I just got the new issue of Vibe Magazine (the leading African-American music/culture mag in print today), and it had a half-page (extremely positive) feature solely about the Pre that cast it as THE hottest thing going. That's a good spot.

What about you guys?
    "cameo'd in a couple of NBC shows"

That wasn't the Pre in those shows.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    "cameo'd in a couple of NBC shows"

That wasn't the Pre in those shows.
    Ok. I stand corrected.
    Pre made the cover of the April PC World magazine, although I haven't seen anything inside the magazine about it.
    Don't forget that we TC have some ads about the Pre as well. I mean, how can it get any better than that hehe, j/k but yeah, I hope to see more ads of the Pre out in the public, especially in TV.
    It got a tiny mention today on G4 TV's Attack of the Show. Kevin was talking to David Walt from Forbes about the iPhone 3.0 software and it's planned release time of "this summer". So Kevin says "you think they will be planning to release the software at around the same time as the Palm Pre to steal some of its thunder?" Of course the answer was rather ambiguous....along the lines, "yeah that would be something"

All in all, not very informative, but yet, you can see how the tech media is definitely comparing the Pre to the iPhone and even showing the iPhone as the one playing catch up to the Pre's features.

If you think about it though, the iPhone does have some advantages:

1000s of Apps
    16 GB
    Great for gaming

As I mentioned in other posts here, the lack of the micro sd slot and "only" 8GB of memory isn't that big a deal to me, however some of the games on the iPhone look nice, and I get sad when I see how the focus on the web, at least in webOS 1.0 puts nice looking games on the back burner.

Overall, this whole web programming language only deal has me worried a little, then again, seeing how they programmed the UI with just those tools gives me hope for some slick apps.

Still can't wait until it comes out!
    Ever since I saw this on TV, Palm Unveils Palm Pre - FOXBusiness.com |Video , I have seen a few mentions of the Palm Pre on the FOX Business Network...always good.

I hope to see more coverage soon!

Also, check out this story, it's from January, but it's good exposure: FOXNews.com - Palm Tries to Catch Up to iPhone, BlackBerry With New Smartphone
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    So there have been complaints that Palm hasn't gotten enough mainstream media attention for the Pre even though it's been featured on Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon, cameo'd in a couple of NBC shows, and been written about in more than a few mainstream mags.

I figured I would start a thread where we will all (hopefully) keep track of mainstream media Pre sightings and mentions. I just got the new issue of Vibe Magazine (the leading African-American music/culture mag in print today), and it had a half-page (extremely positive) feature solely about the Pre that cast it as THE hottest thing going. That's a good spot.

What about you guys?
    is t.i on the cover of that issue?
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    is t.i on the cover of that issue?
    Yup.
    WTF is this article from Gizmodo up about? Bono, investor in Elevation Partners, working with RIM? Does not compute:

m.gizmodo.com/site?t=iYT.B1SRa9.0baRKR7ecxA&sid=gizmodo