Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 482
  1. #141  
    Sounds like they are almost done, and nothing really big for me to get the iPhone over the Pre. Still, this is Apple and will take some of the thunder away from the Pre with cut and paste, spotlight, and background notifications.
  2. Zyphlin's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #142  
    Wait, A2DP? I don't see it on Engadgets feed yet. Did they add it?

    That's a huge missing feature for me and might end up helping sway me
  3. #143  
    Congrats to iPhone users for getting some additional basic functionality, but I can't believe this is what a 3.0 update is comprised of.
  4. #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I know most people here will disagree, but many iPhone users (17 million in total) will be very happy with today's additions......

    - mms
    - copy/paste
    - landscape support throughout
    - push notifications
    Yes. The reason I disagree with you is because most of those 17 million iphone users were and are going to be perfectly "happy" with their iPhone as long as it remains cute, shiny, sleek, and has an apple logo on the back of it.

    Sorry, but it's true. More features don't matter nearly as much, to most iphone users, as what I listed.
  5. #145  
    We should be hearing from Palm soon... i think they are just waiting for this apple event to be over.

    Believe the webOS has more up its sleeves than what they showed at CES. They are just waiting for APple to make their counter attack.
  6. gjlowe's Avatar
    Posts
    279 Posts
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    #146  
    Oh S&@^ A2DP only on iPhone 3G.... that SUCKS!!!
  7. Zyphlin's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #147  
    Ohhh, I see it now...

    Hmm, they didn't mention it on stage. That...seems odd, as its one of the most major mentioned missing features. Something seems weird there
  8. #148  
    Okay, now really lame stuff:

    11:27AM "What about the rest of us? iPhone OS 3.0 will be available this Summer. A free update to all of our iPhone 3G customers. And it works on the original iPhone. Now the hardware has changed between these two devices. For instance, A2DP and MMS won't be available on the iPhone 1st gen. It's also available for the iPod touch... for $9.95."
  9. bignoze's Avatar
    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    #149  
    free too.....

    Pre better come out soon......I am getting tired of waiting.
  10. #150  
    Apple is like a steam roller. They might not be fast. But they just keep on going and going with new features. This is clearly a 3.0 product. They started with pretty basic foundation at 1.0 and have been building a lot slower then people wanted but the end result is a monster.
  11. #151  
    When Palm let loose that memo of 2ndQ 09 release date, they better not release in the end of 09 because iPhone will be the spotlight in that summer time frame. I'm Hoping for April (because I just don't want to wait that long..I want it now )
  12. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    Apple is like a steam roller. They might not be fast. But they just keep on going and going with new features. This is clearly a 3.0 product. They started with pretty basic foundation at 1.0 and have been building a lot slower then people wanted but the end result is a monster.
    All of these things should have been in 1.0. I'm an iPhone user interested in switching to the Pre. Today wasn't a very compelling reason to stay with the iphone
  13. #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Yes. The reason I disagree with you is because most of those 17 million iphone users were and are going to be perfectly "happy" with their iPhone as long as it remains cute, shiny, sleek, and has an apple logo on the back of it.

    Sorry, but it's true. More features don't matter nearly as much, to most iphone users, as what I listed.
    This iPhone user is happy enough to not jump on a Sprint branded Pre. I might consider an AT&T version though.
  14. Zyphlin's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #154  
    I have to admit...

    A2DP
    Push IM
    Cut and Paste
    MMS
    Landscape Keyboard

    The promise of those things and the ability to get the iPhone NOW and get that in June or so may just cause me to go ahead and go the iPhone route rather than continue to wait on the Pre.
  15. jeromem75's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #155  
    yup, OS 3.0 won't make me keep my Iphone.
    Pre come out to play.
  16. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    We should be hearing from Palm soon... i think they are just waiting for this apple event to be over.

    Believe the webOS has more up its sleeves than what they showed at CES. They are just waiting for APple to make their counter attack.
    Yup,
    Let the battle begin, PALM can add few more tricks if they want to.
    Adding FLASH is for sure is one.
  17. bignoze's Avatar
    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    Apple is like a steam roller. They might not be fast. But they just keep on going and going with new features. This is clearly a 3.0 product. They started with pretty basic foundation at 1.0 and have been building a lot slower then people wanted but the end result is a monster.
    I am starting to agree. I have been a palm user forever......but I am afraid that is coming to an end.

    I have an Itouch and love it. But was hoping the Pre would be released long ago and knowing Palm I bet the first iteration is bug city......

    I just want to know if new hardware it goingt o be realsed this summer now too?

    Iphone 3g 2.0?
  18. #158  
    Things I am happy I will get.......

    - Stereo Bluetooth A2DP support
    - Copy/Paste
    - better call logs
    - Push Notifications
    - Notes Sync
    - Calendar upgrades
    - Landscape keyboard in email and sms
    - MMS (just so I don't need to here it anymore)
    - Spotlight search
    - turn by turn GPS


    not bad for a mobile OS update.
  19. #159  
    Umm..all they did was add a few features common in every phone? Still pales to the Pre except for apps right now. Easy for Palm to catch up there though.

    This was what i expected. A lame 3.0 update. No multitasking, a lame search, copy n paste, mms. And of course a million popups waiting for you to dismiss.

    No thanks..
  20. bignoze's Avatar
    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I have to admit...

    A2DP
    Push IM
    Cut and Paste
    MMS
    Landscape Keyboard

    The promise of those things and the ability to get the iPhone NOW and get that in June or so may just cause me to go ahead and go the iPhone route rather than continue to wait on the Pre.
    now you are jumping on the Ihpone wagon......I recommend taking some meds.
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions