Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    It's funny that they acknowledged how absurdly late they've been with push notifications in the beginning, then act like adding cut and paste and MMS is something major toward the end.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Jesus Christ bignoze, just go away.

You don't like the Pre, you love the iphone, you are insulting, and yo'ure just flat out annoying.

At least others that are pro-iphone in here are being constructive, somewhat polite, and giving reasons. You're just blathering on.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I know most people here will disagree, but many iPhone users (17 million in total) will be very happy with today's additions......

- mms
    - copy/paste
    - landscape support throughout
    - push notifications
    Oh don't get me wrong, I'm sure iPhone users will be happy with them, I just don't see it as anything that compares to what makes me want the Pre, and it's all stuff that should've at the very latest been out with the first huge software revision a year later, not with the second two years later.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Jesus Christ bignoze, just go away.

You don't like the Pre, you love the iphone, you are insulting, and yo'ure just flat out annoying.

At least others that are pro-iphone in here are being constructive, somewhat polite, and giving reasons. You're just blathering on.
    hey loon I am offering a different point of view........I have been waiting for the Pre.

Yuo people are nuts......sorry I dont agree with you...so i should leave....LOL

We are talking 3.0 here moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post
    who cares about PIMS if you use Exchange?

I am not seeing the benefit....but explain please?
    Yeah, people do like to use Exhange, like me...I'm not one of them. I'm glad to see the Pre being able to import calendars from other sources like Google calendar, and calendars on your palm, all in one app. Instead of using the default calendar app for your palm, going on the web to check your calendar, none of that, just access calendar and its all there.
    Wow...sorta kinda but not really universal search.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Still waiting for the "pre-like" updates.

For that to happen it'd need either:

1. Inline messaging (Texts, IM, all in one)
    2. Mutlitasking (we've found this to be a "no")
    3. Universal Search (easy to launch search that searchs everything or the web)
    4. Facebook Intigration
    5. Synergy

So far, they've not hit any of them. The features they've added....mms, cut and paste, landscape keyboard, push...isn't so much keeping up with with the Pre as it is keeping up with the general smart phone community.

This hasn't been a BAD presentation, but it is what it is. Nothing that I think is going to make people go "OMG I want an iPhone" but enough to make many current iPhone people happy
    ohh now spotlight sounds nifty
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Yeah, people do like to use Exhange, like me...I'm not one of them. I'm glad to see the Pre being able to import calendars from other sources like Google calendar, and calendars on your palm, all in one app. Instead of using the default calendar app for your palm, going on the web to check your calendar, none of that, just access calendar and its all there.
    So if you use exchange Pre's PIM function is a waste/useless....?????

I am trying to see the benefits of Pre here......because Exchange is perfect for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Oh don't get me wrong, I'm sure iPhone users will be happy with them, I just don't see it as anything that compares to what makes me want the Pre, and it's all stuff that should've at the very latest been out with the first huge software revision a year later, not with the second two years later.
    No disagreement here. However, most of the iPhones missing components are being added in today's announcement. I wonder how many potential Pre switchers might just stay now.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Universal Search.... hmmm... no synergy, but this is not bad. Still can't get over those stupid "buy a shirt for $2" popups though...
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    ohh now spotlight sounds nifty
    I thought so too until I saw it searches your music and video library as well. Why would you search for a song anywhere but inside the music app itself? And if I'm searching mail or contacts, do I really want album and song titles too?
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    No disagreement here. However, most of the iPhones missing components are being added in today's announcement. I wonder how many potential Pre switchers might just stay now.
    or why wait and go the Iphone route.......which is what i am thinking.

Pre's release will be a cluster**** like Apples......why go though that?
    Stereo Bluetooth A2DP support!!!!
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    A2dp.......
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Yeah.... A2DP is huge...but something the Pre will do OOTB
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Spotlight looks good. Still like the Pre's universal search better, but its still a nice thing for the iPhone.

So far however, this presentation hasn't done anything to break the tie between the Pre and iPhone for what I'm buying next yet.
    also very happy about notes sync and accepting calendar invites.
    Spotlight... i believe the Pre got that first with their universal search. no automatic searching in google/wiki though.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Palm should have posted the Pre's release date during this event... Would have been hilarious.
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast