Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post
    Apple is way to far ahead for Plam to catch up and make it worth it to the first pre owners.....its going to take years for palm to get to 25K apps.

And they have worked out most if not all of the bugs.....I am leaning towards getting the Iphone and dumping Sprint!
    Please do.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I have clearly said "yet" and "thus far", but it's been an hour and it's been mostly lame. Oracle, Johnson and Johnson, TouchPets, obtrusive notifications interrupting you left and right? Not cool.
    - Well if you were a diabetic you would love the Johnson and Johnson app.
    - if you worked for a large company with an oracle infrastructure you would be happy
    - The notifications are fine with me (I like the Pre's better)
    - the games are sweet.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    is your entire shtick "Comment, knock on pre, iPhone iz ur godz!"? Seriously?

Annoying as hell.

So far this conference has underwhelmed me as a potential buyer of either a Pre an iPhone or a Diamond2. No background apps, actually they've basically said "You should be grateful we're NOT giving this to you". Still no support for bluetooth headsets. No info yet about tethering, mms, or cut and paste. Essentially just a bunch of apps and Push which is somewhat important but not huge to me.

Meh
    ...darn it, this event is pretty boring so far.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    well cut, copy and paste.......
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Those "would you like to buy a rocket for $0.99?" popups seem allowing as hell. But whatever, I won't pay for phone apps anyway. There's a free alternative to everything.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Alright, Copy and Paste at least. They seem to be moving to the consumer portion now so maybe it'll get more interesting and worth while.

The entire way they handled background apps really bugs the crap out of me though. "We know what you want better than you know what you want so we're doing you a favor by not giving you this".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Alright, Copy and Paste at least. They seem to be moving to the consumer portion now so maybe it'll get more interesting and worth while.

The entire way they handled background apps really bugs the crap out of me though. "We know what you want better than you know what you want so we're doing you a favor by not giving you this".

Thats Apple for you. The iPhone does not have the RAM to support true background apps. I'm fine with the notifications though. I only really need it for IM, and my twitter client (the espn app looks sweet though with notifications).
    Apple is way to far ahead for Plam to catch up and make it worth it to the first pre owners.....its going to take years for palm to get to 25K apps.

And they have worked out most if not all of the bugs.....I am leaning towards getting the Iphone and dumping Sprint!
    Yeah, years, like it took Apple, years, *****...
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Okay Apple, we get it, there's cut and paste. You select something, cut it, and paste it. We get it, its existed for over a decade, you have it, that's great, move on. We dont' need to see it in every app.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    with out the Ipod and itunes/store.....I don't see how the Pre can be as slick as the iphone.

The more I think about it the more I think Palm is heading for another Fail.....Pre may be nice but it wont measure up in ease of use.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    Yeah, years, like it took Apple, years, *****...
    dumb dumb.....how long has ipod been around? Itunes?

sorry Iphone has been out for multiple years.......yes.
    Psst...fellas (and ladies): Just add bignoze to your ignore list.
    with out the Ipod and itunes/store.....I don't see how the Pre can be as slick as the iphone.

The more I think about it the more I think Palm is heading for another Fail.....Pre may be nice but it wont measure up in ease of use.
    buy an iphone now then... no pre for u... got it
    Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
    landscape in email....yeah. Now I just want a new email client and I will be satisfied.
    Yes...we really do want Palm to focus more on becoming a media phone like Apple. Ummm no, I'm happy with the Pre focus on PIM's and web instead of media. I'm glad I can play music and video but its not a priority.
    I know it's not over yet, but honestly other than games, and like I said, the microtransactions there are ridiculous to me, I haven't seen a single thing that's impressed me. I'm waiting for their 'one more thing' before final impressions, but eh, this is all stuff that it should've had at the start, or at least in v2.0, not 3.0.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Yes...we really do want Palm to focus more on becoming a media phone like Apple. Ummm no, I'm happy with the Pre focus on PIM's and web instead of media. I'm glad I can play music and video but its not a priority.
    who cares about PIMS if you use Exchange?

I am not seeing the benefit....but explain please?
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Alright, landscape keyboard a plus. I still don't know why the pre doesn't have a virtual keyboard. Hope a dev makes one.

Also, mms. Good.

Seems they are now getting into the consumer side.

At least with the music player able to go in the background and with push notifactions (as annoying as they look), its having "psuedo" mutli-tasking capabilities.
    I know most people here will disagree, but many iPhone users (17 million in total) will be very happy with today's additions......

- mms
    - copy/paste
    - landscape support throughout
    - push notifications