Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 482
  1. #81  
    Wow... The ESPN app is amazing!
  2. #82  
    The espn app actually looks very cool.
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    And the Pre has yet to show anything that rivals many of the iPhones best features.
    Well, they have different strengths in that Palm makes great PDAs, and Apple makes great OSes and media players. Palm SEEMS to have surpassed Apple on the OS issue (and apparently on the Web browsing front as well), but there's no telling what the media player will bring.

    Palm's still working on it, I would imagine, and Sprint will likely slap a new customized version of the Sprint Music App on top of that, so who knows?

    Apple has NOT shown thus far that they're matching the Pre's strengths at all, tho. Thus far.
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    The espn app actually looks very cool.
    Yup...that's the crown jewel of what they've shown thus far, IMHO.
  5. #85  
    Can't wait for: "One last thing... Cut and Paste!"

    (The crowd goes mad as Apple announces they invented cut and paste)
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  6. haydur's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by Engadget
    10:38AM So let's just take stock of the rumors right now. No backgrounding, no multitasking, no unobtrusive notifications. No copy and paste (yet), no MMS, no video. Really pretty minor stuff thus far.
    Hmmm...
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Well, they have different strengths in that Palm makes great PDAs, and Apple makes great OSes and media players. Palm SEEMS to have surpassed Apple on the OS issue (and apparently on the Web browsing front as well), but there's no telling what the media player will bring.

    Palm's still working on it, I would imagine, and Sprint will likely slap a new customized version of the Sprint Music App on top of that, so who knows?

    Apple has NOT shown thus far that they're matching the Pre's strengths at all, tho. Thus far.
    If Sprint slaps anything on it, I will refuse to buy it. The Pre web browser might be better, but not good enough to make me want to use their browser on a smaller screen.
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    Hmmm...
    yeah, to bad Apple has not shown anything to match the Pre webinar last week. Now that was awesome.
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    yeah, to bad Apple has not shown anything to match the Pre webinar last week. Now that was awesome.
    Are you really comparing a 20-minute Sprint-centric Web conference to a live hour-plus Apple event filled with third party presentations?

    Really?
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Are you really comparing a 20-minute Sprint-centric Web conference to a live hour-plus Apple event filled with third party presentations?

    Really?

    Are you guys really complaining about an apple event that isn't even over yet?
  11. haydur's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    yeah, to bad Apple has not shown anything to match the Pre webinar last week. Now that was awesome.
    I can't make out if you are being sarcastic about the lame Webinar last week, or trying that say this event is even lamer than Sprint's?
  12. #92  
    These popups wanting you to buy more stuff? Annoying It will backfire.

    Remind you of AOL?
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    yeah, to bad Apple has not shown anything to match the Pre webinar last week. Now that was awesome.
    Your sole purpose seems to be to disiminate your undying love for a piece of fruit, while bashing a new device that many of us already like better. So why are you here?
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    If Sprint slaps anything on it, I will refuse to buy it. The Pre web browser might be better, but not good enough to make me want to use their browser on a smaller screen.
    You might as well sit this one out, then. Ain't no way Sprint is selling this without their branding on some of the apps.
  15. #95  
    Pretty sweet mulit-player FPS shooter with in game chat. You won't see stuff like that on the Pre written in Javascript.
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    You might as well sit this one out, then. Ain't no way Sprint is selling this without their branding on some of the apps.
    So, when AT&T finally releases the Pre it will have a different music app loaded? Bad idea.
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Are you guys really complaining about an apple event that isn't even over yet?
    I have clearly said "yet" and "thus far", but it's been an hour and it's been mostly lame. Oracle, Johnson and Johnson, TouchPets, obtrusive notifications interrupting you left and right? Not cool.
  18. bignoze's Avatar
    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    #98  
    Apple is way to far ahead for Plam to catch up and make it worth it to the first pre owners.....its going to take years for palm to get to 25K apps.


    And they have worked out most if not all of the bugs.....I am leaning towards getting the Iphone and dumping Sprint!
  19. #99  
    I'm not saying anything about the event in general, especially since it's not over, but... Micro-transactions for cell-phone games? And they think this is a feature?

    And also, Ngmoco has some interesting stuff, (Rolando or whatever it's called looks neat), but I don't think I've seen a single original idea from them. I mean, a generic FPS, Rolando is a Loco Roco ripoff, the pet game is a Nintendogs ripoff, etc etc.
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Pretty sweet mulit-player FPS shooter with in game chat. You won't see stuff like that on the Pre written in Javascript.
    Yeah, nothing says intense FPS like tapping the screen to fire at targets. Also, I love that you BUY weapons in the game with REAL money.
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions