Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Well, that would be the Pre if the demos live up to release and barring any problems. You're wanting ipod + phone. I'm wanting a real smartphone that is capable of playing media. Good thing they make different things for different people
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I can live with the current PIM (and will be taking a look at Pocket Informant when its released). There is no way I'm ever going back to carrying two devices. So again, I will live with some missing features on the iPhone for in my mind having the best integrated device available.
    That's cool. For me, if I gotta compromise anywhere, I'd rather do it on the media playing, which I may use occasionally, than on the phone and smartphone features which I use constantly. It looks like Pre nails that balance. For media playing, I just need to be able to plug it up to my car stereo's 3.5inch Aux jack, tap on a playlist or two, and let it go.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    That's cool. For me, if I gotta compromise anywhere, I'd rather do it on the media playing, which I may use occasionally, than on the phone and smartphone features which I use constantly. It looks like Pre nails that balance. For media playing, I just need to be able to plug it up to my car stereo's 3.5inch Aux jack, tap on a playlist or two, and let it go.
    I will seriously miss the itunes integration, the larger screen, and advanced apps. However, I am willing to try. I got to say, I could care less about "Synergy".
    ^I agree. I find it odd that Palm is marketing "Synergy" as the main "coolness" about the phone.

I could care less about it also. So it will colorcode my work server's calendar and my personal calendar... Neat... I guess.

Definately not a major selling point if you ask me. A "neat" feature, but definately not a flagship feature.

Talk more about the web browser! The speed! The app store! The multi-tasking! Etc! Those are the winning features if you asks me's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    ^I agree. I find it odd that Palm is marketing "Synergy" as the main "coolness" about the phone.

I could care less about it also. So it will colorcode my work server's calendar and my personal calendar... Neat... I guess.

Definately not a major selling point if you ask me. A "neat" feature, but definately not a flagship feature.

Talk more about the web browser! The speed! The app store! The multi-tasking! Etc! Those are the winning features if you asks me's.

I dont understand why anybody would ever keep their calendars in seperate locations. I use outlook to store both my corporate and personal entries.

I would be very interested in true multi-tasking. If Apples announcement today isn't very exciting, I will take a close look at the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    ^I agree. I find it odd that Palm is marketing "Synergy" as the main "coolness" about the phone. I could care less about it also. So it will colorcode my work server's calendar and my personal calendar... Neat... I guess. Definately not a major selling point if you ask me. A "neat" feature, but definately not a flagship feature. Talk more about the web browser! The speed! The app store! The multi-tasking! Etc! Those are the winning features if you asks me's.
    Stamp!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    The app store obviously aint ready yet, but I think they've covered the cards/multi-tasking and web browser pretty well in every demo and on the Web site.
    ^They also cover Synergy in EVERY demo. It's always the exact same info. They don't even bother using different contacts.

It's always either the Venitian guy or Ms. Acosta. I've decided that once I get my Pre, if any of my contacts have those last names, they're not going in my phone. So haw!
    Agreed with the contacts being done to death. Any Pre demo or Meet Pre video going forward should focus on ANY other apps than contacts.
    So far.....

- app store enhancements
    - turn by turn gps
    - push notifications
    Last edited by mobileman; 03/17/2009 at 12:31 PM.
    Yeah...getting back on topic...there are some interesting SDK and API updates mentioned, although this is strictly potential at this stage.

Meanwhile, the "updates" like turn-by-turn GPS and push notification are underwhelming thus far.
    Yeah...getting back on topic...there are some interesting SDK and API updates mentioned, although this is strictly potential at this stage.

Meanwhile, the "updates" like turn-by-turn GPS and push notification are underwhelming thus far.
    This iPhone user is very happy with turn by turn and push notifications.
    if I were thee, I'd be happy about finally catching up on GPS, too, but the push things seems wimpy, and they STILL shut down background processes / multitasking from the looks of it.
    if I were thee, I'd be happy about finally catching up on GPS, too, but the push things seems wimpy, and they STILL shut down background processes / multitasking from the looks of it.
    Happy when an IM comes in, it will tell me. That is really all I care about.
    The notifications definitely seem more intrusive than the Pre ones from the pictures I've seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    This iPhone user is very happy with turn by turn and push notifications.
    Bring your own maps! Ha! Turn by turn is comming... promise!

Also I had no idea the LACK of background applications was aa FEATURE.

Thanks Apple.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Gotta give Apple props on getting the "name brand" games. Sims 3 should be a nice timewaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Bring your own maps! Ha! Turn by turn is comming... promise!

Also I had no idea the LACK of background applications was aa FEATURE.

Thanks Apple.
    This just means that a developer cant use google maps. Expect Tom Tom to have a version ready at the 3.0 release.
    Hope they're saving something big for the end. In the first 40 minutes, they haven't shown a single thing that rivals Pre features.
    Hope they're saving something big for the end. In the first 40 minutes, they haven't shown a single thing that rivals Pre features.
    And the Pre has yet to show anything that rivals many of the iPhones best features.
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast