Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Actually they showed the world how late they are LOL!
    Perhaps, but I cant remember Windows Mobile or Palm ever releasing any upgrades or bug fixes to a current device like Apple announced yesterday. If people here can honestly say those devices didn't need upgrading, then you are kidding yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Cant think of any bigger mobile os addition in the last 5 years than the App Store. Its a run away success that will be copied on most mobile OS's for years to come.

To think, you compared it to the crappy OTA system you been using for palm installs for years now.
    There you go again Its a runaway success for apple. For whoever will copy it. But not for me personally. Like i said, i've downloaded apps i've wanted for years.

25k apps and yet i only got 10 or so on my iphone. I hate using the mobile version of the app store and only do it on occasion. Too much work to find anything unless you know what you're looking for.

Yet i can go to other app stores (palm OS) and find easier ways to browse through them. Better ways to sort.

25k sounds great and all but its a monster to sift through knowing most of them are junk.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    There you go again Its a runaway success for apple. For whoever will copy it. But not for me personally. Like i said, i've downloaded apps i've wanted for years.

25k apps and yet i only got 10 or so on my iphone. I hate using the mobile version of the app store and only do it on occasion. Too much work to find anything unless you know what you're looking for.

Yet i can go to other app stores (palm OS) and find easier ways to browse through them. Better ways to sort.

25k sounds great and all but its a monster to sift through knowing most of them are junk.
    Well then, I'm sure your in the minority. The mobile app store is incredible, a runaway success, and will become standard on all future devices. Funny, I never have a problem finding what I want. Guess you can't please everybody.
    Cant think of any bigger mobile os addition in the last 5 years than the App Store. Its a run away success that will be copied on most mobile OS's for years to come.

To think, you compared it to the crappy OTA system you been using for palm installs for years now.
    There have been very few major updates AT ALL to mobile OSes in the past 5 years. It's not a very high bar to cross.

And however you may dog out the inconsistent nature of Palm OS installs and such, it is nullified by the lack of choice Apple forces upon you. Not to mention, that the scope of the success of these may be wide, but it is not the least bit deep.
    Perhaps, but I cant remember Windows Mobile or Palm ever releasing any upgrades or bug fixes to a current device like Apple announced yesterday. If people here can honestly say those devices didn't need upgrading, then you are kidding yourself.
    They got bug fixes and patches. Especially the Treos running palm OS. I downloaded em at the time.

But guess what? Those treos had copy n paste, MMS, voice memos, search, etc. You don't seem to understand that they were launched with such "revolutionary" features as apple introduced yesterday.

Hmm..let's release a phone with several missing standard features and then BRAG about how well they do updates later when they finally get around to putting them in a few years later? Sounds kind of stupid doesn't it?
    You can't remember the Sprint Touch update that's already been mentioned in this thread? It only arrived almost four times as quick as the 3.0 cut/paste/MMS/search updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    There have been very few major updates AT ALL to mobile OSes in the past 5 years. It's not a very high bar to cross.

And however you may dog out the inconsistent nature of Palm OS installs and such, it is nullified by the lack of choice Apple forces upon you. Not to mention, that the scope of the success of these may be wide, but it is not the least bit deep.

Please give me details to the "major" palm os update please.

They apps I have on my iPhone get used on a daily basis.
    You can't remember the Sprint Touch update that's already been mentioned in this thread? It only arrived almost four times as quick as the 3.0 cut/paste/MMS/search updates.
    What did that update include?
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    They got bug fixes and patches. Especially the Treos running palm OS. I downloaded em at the time.

But guess what? Those treos had copy n paste, MMS, voice memos, search, etc. You don't seem to understand that they were launched with such "revolutionary" features as apple introduced yesterday.

To bad Palm never saw fit to fix the bluetooth, and VPN issues I had. Why couldnt Palm add push notifications? Why couldn't Palm make a 3G GSM Palm OS device?
    Please give me details to the "major" palm os update please.

They apps I have on my iPhone get used on a daily basis.
    As I have repeatedly said, I have only ever owned a Centro, and what was done is the past under a different business model on different devices is a moot point anyway. There's no way to make a fair or even comparison. Did anybody have faith that Nintendo would rise again to rule the world of consumer videogames after being on top of the world and then failing miserably with the Nintendo 64 and Gamecube? No. Their most recent (at the time) business practices and success rate would indicate that they would fail again, but they did the exact opposite. Palm is capable of doing the same.

And your anecdotal "I use my apps on a daily basis" bit is just that. Anecdotal. The stats for ALL users clearly show that the vast majority of iPhone apps are curiosities that people care nothing about after downloading them.
    I don't know..why can't apple give out multitasking? Me thinks palm had some constraints just as apple has.

And lets not forget, palm did some stupid things. There's a reason why many thought they wouldn't still be in business by now. Past is past though.
    What did that update include?
    Windows Mobile 6.1, GPS, Opera, and RevA, among many other fixes.
    WM allowed 6.0 to 6.1 on some phones. Also, the older 5.0 got updated to 6.0.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    To bad Palm never saw fit to fix the bluetooth, and VPN issues I had.
    Apple never fixed Bluetooth or MMS for original iPhone buyers either. You keep avoiding this.
    The hardware supposedly can't support it. Seems the 3G was the phone that should have been released in the first place. Go figure Apple!! Amazingly, that's very Palm-like, LOL!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Apple never fixed Bluetooth or MMS for original iPhone buyers either. You keep avoiding this.
    I can't think of *any* reason why hardware on the old iPhone can't support MMS. Dumbphones have had MMS for years, and I don't think their hardware was a quarter as advance as the iPhone's.

So why did Apple remove MMS from 1st gen. iPhones? To force their ownners to buy new devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    The hardware supposedly can't support it. Seems the 3G was the phone that should have been released in the first place. Go figure Apple!! Amazingly, that's very Palm-like, LOL!
    Man, that must be true because there are NO jailbreak MMS apps that work on the original iPhone.

Right, Apple? None whatsoever.
    To bad Palm never saw fit to fix the bluetooth, and VPN issues I had. Why couldnt Palm add push notifications? Why couldn't Palm make a 3G GSM Palm OS device?
    because... palmOS is not own by palm anymore... it's own by access...
    Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
    In before the lock ...well seriously, just gotta say you guys might wanna cool it down a little. Its getting really hot in here. There is no one phone to rule them all, unlike a ring. Can't we all just get along and be happy that we have choices. ^_^
    Really? Seems like a spirited but civil debate to me. Much better than some of the other megalength threads I've participated in in the past.