Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    they can hype cut & paste as much as they want, but when dust settles, and when buyer enters the store....

tomorrow, anything short of true multi-tasking will be a final failure.
    I don't really believe this is a good thing at all for the Pre. We have less features to brag about now.

I think we're going to take a pretty hard hit on this one. Palm will do fine in the end though. I just think it may be harder to grab early adopters who want the fanciest phone on the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    they can hype cut & paste as much as they want, but when dust settles, and when buyer enters the store....

tomorrow, anything short of true multi-tasking will be a final failure.
    I'm betting the 3rd gen will still sell to the fanpeople, of which there are many. Technically the first 2 were failures too, but still Apple was able to gain a LOT of market share. Go figure.

What the Pre camp should do and still hasn't done very well to the general public, is EMPHASIZE it's features and also the fact the Sprint plans may be cheaper. Although there seems to be some dispute about the required plan, they should still be cheaper than AT&T.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I'm betting the 3rd gen will still sell to the fanpeople, of which there are many. Technically the first 2 were failures too, but still Apple was able to gain a LOT of market share. Go figure.

What the Pre camp should do and still hasn't done very well to the general public, is EMPHASIZE it's features and also the fact the Sprint plans may be cheaper. Although there seems to be some dispute about the required plan, they should still be cheaper than AT&T.
    At the end, I'm not sure $20 here and there really counts to most people...

If I'm paying $80, I might as well be paying $100... and I'd pay $100 to be with the device that I need/want....

I do have a hard time thinking of jumping from my SERO $50 plan to a $100 plan... lol...

So I'm wondering how much plan cost will factor into these decisions for the general public... I'm thinking, not much... other factors outweigh the cost decision when it comes to cell phones/pda phones...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by sub150 View Post
    Should be a good day. OS 3 is simply the iPhone catching up to the Pre and it's features, but leaving out multitasking (THE BIGGEST ONE) and MMS (another huge one).

In a month, you'll have iPhone 1,2 w/ OS 3...and then a month later you'll the Pre come out with everything OS3 has but multitasking, mms, and a keyboard..and a plan $50 cheaper a month than AT&T's...you will see some people switching.

You can't really believe that the plan will be $50.00 cheaper. If you do your in for a bid surprise.
    Betting we see an iflop tomorrow..
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    I think it's hilarious it's taken this long to get cut'n'paste onto the iPhone and it's one of the most talked about features of OS 3.0 No other company could have got away with leaving out such a basic feature for so long.
    Someone here did mention his plan would be about $50 less on Sprint than AT&T.

I also think $20 a month adds up. If the features of the Sprint plans are good enough, some people probably will switch. If there's unlimited data and texting, that alone is incentive to leave AT&T. However I really don't like CDMA because it's too difficult to travel and change phones. But for those who don't care, it's perfect. That is, IF there's unlimited texting and data, LOL!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    At the end, I'm not sure $20 here and there really counts to most people...

If I'm paying $80, I might as well be paying $100... and I'd pay $100 to be with the device that I need/want....

I do have a hard time thinking of jumping from my SERO $50 plan to a $100 plan... lol...

So I'm wondering how much plan cost will factor into these decisions for the general public... I'm thinking, not much... other factors outweigh the cost decision when it comes to cell phones/pda phones...
    The cheapest everything data plan is$69
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Betting we see an iflop tomorrow..
    In who's eyes though? You forget, flop for the true techies and those in the know. Winner for fanpeople, those who like style over substance, must have Apple, etc.

Even in my case, if they fix contacts, add cut and paste, draft save or templates and do some hardware and storage upgrade, I'm likely to just renew.

Some developer will also fix the shortcomings. I found several contact management apps, now all I need is a call list manager. I also found an app for drafts/templates in case Apple "forgets" again.

Although the way Apple has been going this year, you could be right, LOL!

iPhone is just marketed in a sleek way... that is what separates iPhone from everyone else...
    so it is like ipod?
    The iPhone is a good phone. I like to give credit where credit is due, and the iPhone has done a lot to change the world of smartphones. The iPhone does have some problems that the Pre will fill, and the Pre will stand on its own.

Fanboys are annoying on both sides. I think the iPhone so far has been a success, and I know the WebOS platform of phones will be a success too.

If only I could have failures like that in everything I do!
    i don't discount the fan base of apple, but market does reward the real deal, and fortunately, majority of gadget site out there are subjective enough. I dont think they will give apple a free pass for the obvious flop.

i mean, just think about it. pre has so many innovations, desktop level multi-tasking, continuous work-flow, not limited to a desktop computer, these are all revolutionary innovations.

and what are people awaitingfrom apple? copy and paste? com'on, that type of deception can't last too long.
    Apple has sold millions of iPhones I think that it must be a pretty good phone. I love mine but because of financial reasons I am getting rid of it. Going back to palm centro
    Too bad the GSM Pre won't be available in the US for a while, yet the 3rd gen iPhone will be. Hopefully the Euro version will be a hit.
    The sad thing is that it took 3 generations to get to where they are at.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by deleonj1225 View Post
    I believe that the unlimited Data on Sprint with current plans; (mine is old grandfathered plan) is 15, 20 and 25 for the additional data plans (unlimited)

Sprint will be Cheaper and their 3G services are quite good (at least in Texas), The Phone Diva is correct that it's a harder phone to use for international travel and you cannot just switch the sim and be up and running with your phone of choice for your trip! Palm will have a "hit" once the birth pains are past and she delivers the smartphone we have all wanted with the exception that it is not a "worldphone" The BB 9630 Niagara I believe is going to be a nice phone but still lacking on the software front. Palm could have hit a Home Run if this had been a world phone unlocked like the ones Sprint releases the BB 8830, the Samsung I-325 and their other world phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    so it is like ipod?
    If that is what caught your eye... yes... Apple had/has a "general" marketing plan around the iphone... itunes, "sleek", the future, safe (os x), simple, and whatever.... over the past year, I've seen several different attacks. This lady in her 50s asked me about the iphone...she has a centro right now (it is a POS).

OS X is not that great... neither is the iphone... but steve jobs can make you want to buy something... when he leaves, apple dies. lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by deleonj1225 View Post
    I know... but it is only 450 minutes... won't work for me now.... I have 1250.... for $50 bucks...

Lady treo has it right anyway... sprint could pull some people from ATT... but I doubt if it will be enough.

Honestly, I don't think the palm pre 1st gen device will be as good as the iphone 1st gen device... Sorry... and I don't even like the iphone... just my thought... the battery on the pre seems a bit small. IMO....

We will see... I'd like to be wrong...

Although, I do think web os will be better than that Palm OS 5 crap we have dealt with for the past 101 years...
    If that is what caught your eye... yes... Apple had/has a "general" marketing plan around the iphone... itunes, "sleek", the future, safe (os x), simple, and whatever.... over the past year, I've seen several different attacks. This lady in her 50s asked me about the iphone...she has a centro right now (it is a POS).

OS X is not that great... neither is the iphone... but steve jobs can make you want to buy something... when he leaves, apple dies. lol

OS X is not a good operating system? Compared to what?
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast