Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by steveme View Post
    Im a total palm fanboy to self disclose.

But reading over at engadget under the comments setion there are many, many current iphone owners who are not impressed at these latest offerings.

Some comments are:
    -So youre telling me I have been a beta tester for the last year and a half
    -All other phones already have cut and paste
    -I have to pay for you to unlock bluetooth that I paid for origianally
    -Looks like I am switching to palm.

So it appears that on the surface they made this big deal out of these features. But yet...no one is happy because they should have included them to begin with and released NEW FORWARD thinking features.
    Only Touch owners likely have to pay. But yes, anyone who relied solely on the iPhone(I didn't) was shafted, LOL!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    O.K so I just went and found somone with an iPhone. It appears that if you are in Safari (or whatever) and then receive a call, after you hang up, you are dumped in the dial pad. To return to (whatever) you have to hit the center button, find the program on the launcher, and relaunch. Exactly the same as in Garnett.

From what I gather on the Pre, once I hang up, I am back in my original program, correct? Or will I need to swipe back?

In either event, I will not need to relaunch - my program will still be humming along.

If the above is true, THAT is multitasking, and I can see how the Pre still maintains a huge advantage.
    I think Palm would make it so you go back to the dialer after you hang up, just in case you want to make another call or something but yes, just open up your card view and go back to the app you were in before. I would like it if they gave an option on hang up to send us back into the previous app.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    answered call, returned right into app at end.
    This is not what happened to the one I saw. Is there a setting that retuns you to you program or something?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    This is not what happened to the one I saw. Is there a setting that retuns you to you program or something?
    Just tried it on a co-workers iPhone. It works exactly like I said. You sure you are trying this on an iPhone and not a windows mobile device with an iPhone skin?
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post
    again I dont have an iPhone......and Mutitasking is not selling me......over app store, itunes, and simplicity.

Like I said my itouch is killer, my 3 year old plays with it non stop. Does not play with my Centro for 2 seconds.....see the difference yet?
    That one's just too easy to even bother taking a shot at.

As I've argued with WinMo people, I will argue here. Every phone has its bonus's.

iPhone: People wanting a simplistic interface both on the phone and sinking, who wants to have iPod quality video/music player along with a phone without carrying both.

WinMo: People who want large amount of customization, enterprise software and support out of the box, semi-familiar interface to windows.

Blackberry: If you want top of the line PIM functionality

Pre: Appears to be the one you want if you're looking for a more advanced, multi-tasking, touch focused interface with greater Internet 2.0 connectivity

No one phone so far is the king of all things, nor is there likely to be one. Each has certain features that make it better than the other depending on what each individual wishes to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Just tried it on a co-workers iPhone. It works exactly like I said. You sure you are trying this on an iPhone and not a windows mobile device with an iPhone skin?
    Doesn't that cause the phone to explode?

No, it was an iPhone, but it was a 1st gen - maybe that had something to do with it.
    VisorPhone Clone
    I'm not sure if apple changed the way the phone works from when they released it but originally when your in an app and a phone call comes in, after you end the call, it goes back into the phone app. I believe Steve was playing music, the music does play but you still have to go back and into the app to control it.
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    again I dont have an iPhone......and Mutitasking is not selling me......over app store, itunes, and simplicity.

Like I said my itouch is killer, my 3 year old plays with it non stop. Does not play with my Centro for 2 seconds.....see the difference yet?
    yup iPhone is easy, but I don't want an easy thing, I want to figure it out :-)
    Doesn't that cause the phone to explode?

No, it was an iPhone, but it was a 1st gen - maybe that had something to do with it.
    perhaps. There are a few other people in my office with the original iPhone. I will try it on theirs too. Works great though on mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    I'm not sure if apple changed the way the phone works from when they released it but originally when your in an app and a phone call comes in, after you end the call, it goes back into the phone app. I believe Steve was playing music, the music does play but you still have to go back and into the app to control it.
    Well, then its "fixed" on the new iPhone. After my call ends it brings me right back into the app I was using when the call came in.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I gotta say, I love watching Palm fans...especially people on this forum who said they've been long time Palm fans....banging on Apple for having a "Simple to use, easy to understand" device when that was essentially the philosophy behind Palm's design, not trying to be a computer but trying to replace pen and paper.

Its like watching republicans complain that Obama is a great communicator while singing the praises of the Great Communicator.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I gotta say, I love watching Palm fans...especially people on this forum who said they've been long time Palm fans....banging on Apple for having a "Simple to use, easy to understand" device when that was essentially the philosophy behind Palm's design, not trying to be a computer but trying to replace pen and paper.
    Speaking for myself, I am bashing Apple for it's draconian lock-down and control of its devices.

Being a WimMo user, I could care less about "simplicity". I like to figure things out and play with my phone settings and inner software workings.
    I kinda hated the response of Apple and lack of background apps being a battery drainer. Hey apple, you know the fix...Removable battery!. Oh they can't give us that, then you won't buy a new iphone when it dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    Speaking for myself, I am bashing Apple for it's draconian lock-down and control of its devices.

Being a WimMo user, I could care less about "simplicity". I like to figure things out and play with my phone settings and inner software workings.
    Isn't the Pre taking a similar route?
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post

you are 1 in 1000 not a an average user.

most people like use of use not pain in the a$$....lol
    I think more will be made of the notifications later. If they have an option to turn that off...

Another concern would be lagginess. My iphone 3g is already laggy.

Finally battery life will probably suffer more. I'm hearing speculation that we'll see no new iphone this year. Makes sense btw.

This is just stuff you won't know til you got it. Same with Pre. Like i said in another thread..the real battle is next summer when apple probably does go the multitasking route and the Pre2 with a more mature webOS comes out.
  17. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post

Its like watching republicans complain that Obama is a great communicator while singing the praises of the Great Communicator.
    Simple to use and easy to understand
    but hard to type , impossible to replace battery :-)
    Oh and btw...i'll definitely consider getting an ipod touch after selling the iphone. Got a few apps i like. My 2 yr old loves my iphone for video. I plan on playing in both worlds..
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Simple to use and easy to understand
    but hard to type , impossible to replace battery :-)
    I thought it was hysterical when one of the presenters misstyped "sure" as "sire."

"The iPhone's keyboard is great to type on."

"Sire it is, sire..."
    Last edited by sir_mycroft; 03/17/2009 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Wow, I can't even type on a real keyboard.
    VisorPhone Clone
    this was my plan..........but why wait for Pre?
    'cause the iPhone OS just doesn't work for me as a phone, and mainly cause I don't like AT&T and don't want to pay $50 more a month than what I'm paying now. Had my time with AT&T as much as people talk smack about Sprint, I haven't had any issues that weren't resolved right away.
    Also even if the Pre comes out at the latest at the end of June, you're still waiting just as long to get the new iPhone.