Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post
    sorry it is not the same. Itunes is all in one...seemless.

File explorer for what?
    I meant on the iPhone, there is a file explorer of sorts. And iTunes is Active Sync, think about it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    sorry it is not the same. Itunes is all in one...seemless.

File explorer for what?
    To explore files on your damn phone, for example to rearrange all the episodes of "The Office" I have in DivX. And to browse to that folder and watch the an episode with the free TCPMP player... oh wait, you cannot play DivX videos on your "smartphone".

But we get it, you don't want to "have to" do that... you just want to download stuff through iTunes. Good for you.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Like I said my itouch is killer, my 3 year old plays with it non stop. Does not play with my Centro for 2 seconds.....see the difference yet?
    You just gave me a gem there... haha

Smartphones != A device three-year-olds love to play with
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    To explore files on your damn phone, for example to rearrange all the episodes of "The Office" I have in DivX. And to browse to that folder and watch the an episode with the free TCPMP player... oh wait, you cannot play DivX videos on your "smartphone".

But we get it, you don't want to "have to" do that... you just want to download stuff through iTunes. Good for you.
    jebus.....one you can jailbreak. Two convert to apple format and Itouch/phone will arrange it for you.....its called a decent system.

You guys are comparing apples to oranges.
    again I dont have an iPhone......and Mutitasking is not selling me......over app store, itunes, and simplicity.

Like I said my itouch is killer, my 3 year old plays with it non stop. Does not play with my Centro for 2 seconds.....see the difference yet?
    My daughter is 5yrs old, has had a treo 650 (no sim card) to play with in our car since she was about 3yrs, she has never had any problems navigating the o/s, she now also has 'my' 32GB ipodtouch (swapped an iPhone for it) she uses the touch to watch sponge bob, but the 650 to play games drawing and stuff, she likes the stylus. Go figure.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    You just gave me a gem there... haha

Smartphones != A device three-year-olds love to play with
    yes.....easy to use makes it a smartphone.....but carry on.

Bill gates must love you.....
    Im a total palm fanboy to self disclose.

But reading over at engadget under the comments setion there are many, many current iphone owners who are not impressed at these latest offerings.

Some comments are:
    -So youre telling me I have been a beta tester for the last year and a half
    -All other phones already have cut and paste
    -I have to pay for you to unlock bluetooth that I paid for origianally
    -Looks like I am switching to palm.

So it appears that on the surface they made this big deal out of these features. But yet...no one is happy because they should have included them to begin with and released NEW FORWARD thinking features.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    @bignoze: Yes, iPhone rules and WinMo and Palm kill kittens. Are you happy now?
    again I dont have an iPhone......and Mutitasking is not selling me......over app store, itunes, and simplicity.

Yes, you have the brain capacity of a 3 year old....

Haha. JK. You had to know that one was coming!
    Quote Originally Posted by m12x13adass View Post
    Good post. This is exactly why Apple was successful today. They improved and are continuing to strengthen their OS. You might not get all the features that you want but the features are slowly but surely coming. They did just enough to make you stay... at least for now. There are so many disadvantages of a brand new phone with a brand new OS... Not to mention a shortage of supply early on. Until the WebOS matures, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages imho.
    Successful mainly for existing iPhone customers or those who really wanted to get one but held off for those little reasons. Anyone else can still go wherever.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by steveme View Post
    Im a total palm fanboy to self disclose.

But reading over at engadget under the comments setion there are many, many current iphone owners who are not impressed at these latest offerings.

Some comments are:
    -So youre telling me I have been a beta tester for the last year and a half
    -All other phones already have cut and paste
    -I have to pay for you to unlock bluetooth that I paid for origianally
    -Looks like I am switching to palm.

So it appears that on the surface they made this big deal out of these features. But yet...no one is happy because they should have included them to begin with and released NEW FORWARD thinking features.
    That's only a small sample. Mostly tech geeks I assume. I bet most of the mainstream users will be happy with the update.
    you people are nuts...lol
    I think you've said that about 6 times now. Why are you still here then?

I most certainly do see the difference. That's why I don't have an itouch or iphone.

I think this is almost signature material. I may use it. It is the ultimate in describing target audiences with these devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    I could ignore in Garnett too. I was not referring to the notifications. Can you try to answer the call and then hang up? If I wasn't trapped at my desk (reading this thread!) I would go ask someone who has one to try it.
    answered call, returned right into app at end.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    @bignoze: Yes, iPhone rules and WinMo and Palm kill kittens. Are you happy now?
    dude I have a Palm phone.......I am making some statements and you people are getting your underwear all bunched up..

My main point is its hard to over come the iphone..... simplicity, app store, itunes, accelerometer, and getting more polished everyday with more accessories and developers etc .......I was hoping the avoid jumping on the band wagon, but it looks like I have huh?

While on see your points on a desktop machine and why i use windows over OSX, those points to not make sense on a phone.
    looking at all the improvements I'll add them to my touch, want to use a phone that functions and adds benefits to what i do on a daily basis, i'll wait out the Pre...I'll keep using the touch for what it is useful at media, plug into the car and listen to music. But I dont want to unplug my phone to answer a call. So for me the Pre and the touch give me the best of both worlds..
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I know Safari reloads pages,and I think unsaved notes and emails get hosed when this happens too. Not sure.
    tried safari, it did not reload after call. brought back to same web page. Also tried email. brought me back to same point in email I was composing.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deleonj1225 View Post
    looking at all the improvements I'll add them to my touch, want to use a phone that functions and adds benefits to what i do on a daily basis, i'll wait out the Pre...I'll keep using the touch for what it is useful at media, plug into the car and listen to music. But I dont want to unplug my phone to answer a call. So for me the Pre and the touch give me the best of both worlds..
    this was my plan..........but why wait for Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by deleonj1225 View Post
    Thats what I'm doing, keeping the touch for my video player and the Pre for everything else.
    O.K so I just went and found somone with an iPhone. It appears that if you are in Safari (or whatever) and then receive a call, after you hang up, you are dumped in the dial pad. To return to (whatever) you have to hit the center button, find the program on the launcher, and relaunch. Exactly the same as in Garnett.

From what I gather on the Pre, once I hang up, I am back in my original program, correct? Or will I need to swipe back?

In either event, I will not need to relaunch - my program will still be humming along.

If the above is true, THAT is multitasking, and I can see how the Pre still maintains a huge advantage.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    O.K so I just went and found somone with an iPhone. It appears that if you are in Safari (or whatever) and then receive a call, after you hang up, you are dumped in the dial pad. To return to (whatever) you have to hit the center button, find the program on the launcher, and relaunch. Exactly the same as in Garnett.

From what I gather on the Pre, once I hang up, I am back in my original program, correct? Or will I need to swipe back?

In either event, I will not need to relaunch - my program will still be humming along.

If the above is true, THAT is multitasking, and I can see how the Pre still maintains a huge advantage.

Thats not what happens on my iPhone at all. I go right back into the browser (and it doesn't reload the page). No need to relaunch at all.

Also, if I am in the middle of an email, after the call it goes right back in. No need to reload. Not sure why you dont have the same results.