Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 482
  1. #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    again, you should use an iPhone before you make claims like these. Clicking the home icon will bring you back to the first page of apps. No need for all the swiping.
    They said that the spotlight application is on a separate page though, so you'll have to swipe at least once to get to it.
  2. bignoze's Avatar
    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    If you're referring to me, I have absolutely no problem with any of the posts you've made preferring the iPhone, you've made good points on why it works for you. But as I said in my edit to the previous post, bignoze is just bashing without any real reason other than "it plays media and has tons of games".
    please tell me where I have bashed the Pre?


    you people are nuts...lol
  3. #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    They said that the spotlight application is on a separate page though, so you'll have to swipe at least once to get to it.

    Yes, but thats not what the poster originally said. I think I can live with moving my finger to the left.
  4. #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Now thats funny......


    That's really funny.
  5. #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    again, you should use an iPhone before you make claims like these. Clicking the home icon will bring you back to the first page of apps. No need for all the swiping.
    Fine...press the button, swipe, tap for keyboard, scroll through kazillion results that come up, press Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start, and then get what you need.
  6. Zyphlin's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #226  
    No no, I understand completely the points people are making for bignoze. He's coming off as the iphone equivilent. I'm just saying, acting like a bignoze to counter a bignoze doesn't really do anything but put other people trying to read for actual real purposes off.

    This isn't really new for me. Palm OS and WinMo people went at it like this all the time for YEARS over who has the better system with WinMo people calling POS a glorified Date book and POS people calling WinMo a bloated monstrocity.

    But you see claims of "glorified media player" or that the iphone will only appeal to "dumbphone users wanting itunes, media, throwaway junk apps, and popup ads" while calling your phone the "real smartphone" is just a pretenious trolling attitude similar to the most annoying fan boys in the world (they do so love their fruity overlords).

    For people coming to a site like this out of true honest interest in the Pre but aren't devoted diehards of a device that hasn't been released yet and are hoping for some actual commentary and discussion to help make a choice and hope not to be demonized as a lesser life form for making that choice, its off putting
  7. bignoze's Avatar
    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    #227  
    What I still like about the Pre is size, hopefully speed, and touchsceen/keyboard........but is it worth it?
  8. #228  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Fine...press the button, swipe, tap for keyboard, scroll through kazillion results that come up, press Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start, and then get what you need.
    So moving your finger to the left and tapping the input box is to much for you?
  9. bignoze's Avatar
    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    #229  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    No no, I understand completely the points people are making for bignoze. He's coming off as the iphone equivilent. I'm just saying, acting like a bignoze to counter a bignoze doesn't really do anything but put other people trying to read for actual real purposes off.

    This isn't really new for me. Palm OS and WinMo people went at it like this all the time for YEARS over who has the better system with WinMo people calling POS a glorified Date book and POS people calling WinMo a bloated monstrocity.

    But you see claims of "glorified media player" or that the iphone will only appeal to "dumbphone users wanting itunes, media, throwaway junk apps, and popup ads" while calling your phone the "real smartphone" is just a pretenious trolling attitude similar to the most annoying fan boys in the world (they do so love their fruity overlords).

    For people coming to a site like this out of true honest interest in the Pre but aren't devoted diehards of a device that hasn't been released yet and are hoping for some actual commentary and discussion to help make a choice and hope not to be demonized as a lesser life form for making that choice, its off putting
    I think you need to go back and read this thread......if you supported the Iphone the Pre geeks have been on the full attack including you.


    but try again....you people make me laugh.


    My bet is we have Palm employees in here...no doubt!
  10. Zyphlin's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #230  
    (possibly click button), slide out keyboard, start typing, click.

    (possibly click button), slide panel, open keyboard, start typing, click.

    One to two clicks more.

    Seriously, I agree that Palm's is better. However, he's right, Apple has successfully taken this away from Palm as an exclusive "bonus" it has over the iPhone. Is Palm's better? I'd say yes? But now you can't go "universal search" as a thing that Pre has over the iPhone, essentially "taking it away" from the Pre as a easy to list "plus" when listing things off.
  11. haydur's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    #231  
    I like being able to install applications from anywhere which can use everything that my Windows Mobile phone has, including GPS etc. It's a shame Apple locks the **** out of everything they build to have total control over everything. Pre with it's web-application style development will be similarly (to WinMo) open.

    And yes, the biggest thing is still multi-tasking. If my Sprint Touch with an 1100mAH battery can run Opera Mobile, Google Maps, Email, Text, Facebook App, File Explorer, ActiveSync etc. etc. at the SAME TIME (with 2 click switching btw) without dying in 5 minutes... why can't an iPhone with its advance OSX technology not do the same?
  12. #232  
    Have fun This thread went downhill. This is Precentral not the iphone forums. If you want to spread the apple(aol) fanboy stuff, this isn't the place.
  13. #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    So moving your finger to the left and tapping the input box is to much for you?
    I was exaggerating for comic effect, but seriously...it is not only too many taps, swipes, and results to filter through, but you must save and leave your current app to do it.

    Not so with Pre.
  14. #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    But you see claims of "glorified media player" or that the iphone will only appeal to "dumbphone users wanting itunes, media, throwaway junk apps, and popup ads" while calling your phone the "real smartphone" is just a pretenious trolling attitude similar to the most annoying fan boys in the world (they do so love their fruity overlords).
    Ah, I understand (and I've added bignoze to ignore, so nothing more like that anyway). Well, personally, I don't think the Pre is the only real smartphone, just the one that will fit my needs best. There's definitely a ton of alternatives out there, including WM which I've used for a year or so now, Android, Symbian, etc. But, I can't agree that the iPhone is anything more than those feature phones that many manufacturers try and sell.

    Sure, it's got a bunch of smart features, and does some things really well (media, games, some of the applications are very high quality), but most of it is very blah.
  15. bignoze's Avatar
    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    I like being able to install applications from anywhere which can use everything that my Windows Mobile phone has, including GPS etc. It's a shame Apple locks the **** out of everything they build to have total control over everything. Pre with it's web-application style development will be similarly (to WinMo) open.

    And yes, the biggest thing is still multi-tasking. If my Sprint Touch with an 1100mAH battery can run Opera Mobile, Google Maps, Email, Text, Facebook App, File Explorer, ActiveSync etc. etc. at the SAME TIME (with 2 click switching btw) without dying in 5 minutes... why can't an iPhone with its advance OSX technology not do the same?
    best part is you do not need file explorer, activesync......you guys are just not seeing the difference between a phone and a desktop.


    and WinMo is no comparison for me......the OS is a dog.
  16. #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I was exaggerating for comic effect, but seriously...it is not only too taps, swipes, and results to filter through, but you must save and leave your current app to do it.

    Not so with Pre.
    I understand the Pre can do this, but I'm thinking with only one screen on these devices, whats the difference? Usually the iPhone app will open up to where I left off.
  17. #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Have fun This thread went downhill. This is Precentral not the iphone forums. If you want to spread the apple(aol) fanboy stuff, this isn't the place.
    If only your account said "Moderater" under it, you can make up your own rules.
  18. bignoze's Avatar
    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I was exaggerating for comic effect, but seriously...it is not only too many taps, swipes, and results to filter through, but you must save and leave your current app to do it.

    Not so with Pre.
    we would love to spread the Pre love......but there is nothing to spread. LOL


    and the Palm OS is 10 years old.
  19. #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I understand the Pre can do this, but I'm thinking with only one screen on these devices, whats the difference? Usually the iPhone app will open up to where I left off.
    There was a really good blog post I think on Prepoint that says it better than I could, but the main difference is in flow. As in, you can flow easily from one thing to the next without interruption, which is much different from going back to the home screen every single time (as even most current smartphones that can multitask do it).

    And an example that Palm has already pointed out in their presentations that's a big deal for me, you can have one card open with an email while you're responding to another, as far as I know no way to do that on the iPhone without saving your message to draft, going to the other email, and then going back to the draft.
  20. #240  
    Well the 3.0 features are enough to get me to wait for the hardware upgrade and see what it has to offer. Of course the iPhone is playing catch-up, but this is enough for me to not go through the hassle of switching carriers, depending on what kind of storage and hardware they will have ready by fall.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!

Posting Permissions