Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm Pre is in the running for most anticipate gadget award, as is Windows 7, which if you ask me is not a gadget, but I digress...

Vote for the 2008 Engadget Awards!
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    I voted for the Pre, of course.
    Voted... Early signs point to Pre.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Voted! Pre is ahead of WinMob, needs to stay that way!
  5.    #5  
    The gadget, Palm Pre, is now in second place to Windows 7, an OS. 3rd? Snow Leopard. I lose respect for Engadget readers more and more.
    VisorPhone Clone
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Voted! Pre is ahead of WinMob, needs to stay that way!
    That's actually Windows 7. And I think Windows 7 might actually win this one... although I did vote for the Pre.

And did u guys notice that every category with an Apple product is lead by that product? Apple fanboys... tsk tsk.
    Last edited by haydur; 03/16/2009 at 02:51 PM.
    done
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    If i didn't know about the Pre, I would have voted for Windows 7 because I'm a Beta tester and I have to say it's amazing. But still, I voted for the Pre
    Indeed W7 is awesome. I've been using it exclusively for a while now. No need to go back to XP (well besides to Hotsync!!)
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    So sad to see the Apple dominance on Engadget. Snow Leopard barely has enough features to bump the version up to 10.6. They might as well make it 10.5.7.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Windows 7 will blow SL out the water...

Built a home media center around win 7, 64 bit.. works like charm with everything... pulling all movies/music off the windows home server in the computer room.

But win 7 loads all drivers and works like a charm... best beta OS I've ever seen... outside of Ubuntu 7 (fawn, I think).

Even then I'd call them a tie.. although, U 7 pushed the os into a new category... IMO.

800w the worst... BB is worse, it seems. Having had a BB on my belt for 2 months, I'd have to agree. I love keeping my WM device in my pocket and loving it.... lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Voted, thanks.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    This is disgusting, calling Pre fans "fanboys" or "fanbois" or whatever. I always thought that that filthy and derogatory term is reserved for Apple-liking people.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Wow, Pre has no chance! As of now:

35.1% Windows 7
    24.1% Snow Leopard
    17.4% Pre

I guess I have to read to see what Snow Leopard is going to offer. One would think something significant, but I bet it's just the usual. Anything is everything!

PS. I don't care for the fanboy term either and agree with GreenHex's association. For the record, I have a macbook and my kids have Touch's.
    Anything with apple in it over there was getting voted on. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    This is disgusting, calling Pre fans "fanboys" or "fanbois" or whatever. I always thought that that filthy and derogatory term is reserved for Apple-liking people.
    Not any more.

And it used to describe Palm OS fanbois a few years ago when Treos were relevant, but those days are long past.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    who the hell had the stupidity to include operating systems in a poll for best gadget? that's retarded.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanP View Post
    who the hell had the stupidity to include operating systems in a poll for best gadget? that's retarded.
    They were included by "popular demand" - i.e. mob mentality.
    VisorPhone Clone
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Windows 7 will blow SL out the water...

Built a home media center around win 7, 64 bit.. works like charm with everything... pulling all movies/music off the windows home server in the computer room.

But win 7 loads all drivers and works like a charm... best beta OS I've ever seen... outside of Ubuntu 7 (fawn, I think).

Even then I'd call them a tie.. although, U 7 pushed the os into a new category... IMO.

800w the worst... BB is worse, it seems. Having had a BB on my belt for 2 months, I'd have to agree. I love keeping my WM device in my pocket and loving it.... lol
    Having tested Vista and Win 7 from day 1 (MSDN tester not beta) I am very happy to see how great Vista turned out and how 7 is turning out thus far. I have Vista on my computers and they work 100% perfectly, no BSOD's, no crashes. I love the animated boot screen in 7
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Having tested Vista and Win 7 from day 1 (MSDN tester not beta) I am very happy to see how great Vista turned out and how 7 is turning out thus far. I have Vista on my computers and they work 100% perfectly, no BSOD's, no crashes. I love the animated boot screen in 7
    Still, would you call Win7 a gadget?
    VisorPhone Clone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast