Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Just wanted to see what everybody is doing to prepare for the Pre. I'm just organizing all of my documents, music, etc. so that it's a nice, easy transfer. Also making sure it fits within the 8 gigs, I'm only using 4-5 though. No problem there.

What about you? Are you switching over to Yahoo or Gmail? I have neither, but I'm considering a switch to Gmail so I can take advantage of the cloud. Not sure if I will.
    I have gone back to my Treo 750, and I am getting my Pro ready to sell on Ebay. I have my files quite organized so as soon as I we learn how syncing will be, I will take care of the rest.
    Palm m100 => Palm 515 => BB 7290 => BB 7100g => Treo 650 => BB 8700c => Nokia E62 (for 10 days) => Treo 750 => :Treo 750 with WM6:AT&T Tilt (for 20 days)=>BJII=>Treo 750 WM6=>Treo Pro WM 6.1(for sale)=>Treo 750 WM6 'til a GSM Pre comes up!
    Let me bro(s) figure that out...

One friend is buying a PRE so my dad can get his Centro.
    The youngest bro will give my mom his centro...

BOTH brothers will get the PRE upon availability... while I am stuck on at&t (out of contract)... while awaiting a GSM version of a WebOS phone...

=/

Oh, I am buying the phone to my youngest bro... that's what I'll be doing...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    I am ....uhm..well...nothing really. Just wondering what the easiest way will be to move my contacts from my Sprint Touch to the Pre. If I have to enter them all, then so be it, lets me get used to that keyboard that I never had on a phone before. Aside from that, I really have nothing pressingly important that I would have to move from the Touch to the Pre. Besides the contacts, and maybe some pics, it will be a clean slate operation.

April 15, here we come....!! Oops, did I just say that? lol
    Waiting... That's all I can do. Contacts and all that will be easy to sync. I want to start using the calender on the Pre, as I never really used it on the Treo.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I am ....uhm..well...nothing really. Just wondering what the easiest way will be to move my contacts from my Sprint Touch to the Pre. If I have to enter them all, then so be it, lets me get used to that keyboard that I never had on a phone before. Aside from that, I really have nothing pressingly important that I would have to move from the Touch to the Pre. Besides the contacts, and maybe some pics, it will be a clean slate operation.
    When I upgraded from my Samsung A900 to the Instinct, they hooked up the phones to this mini computer thing and they were able to transfer my contacts over to the Instinct in about 5-10 minutes. Hopefully they'll be able to do it with your Touch to your Pre.

Anyway, I'm with you. Besides my contacts and some pictures, I don't really have anything I need transfer to my future Pre.

I have thought about perhaps starting a Gmail account for email, but I'm not sure.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    When I upgraded from my Samsung A900 to the Instinct, they hooked up the phones to this mini computer thing and they were able to transfer my contacts over to the Instinct in about 5-10 minutes. Hopefully they'll be able to do it with your Touch to your Pre.

Anyway, I'm with you. Besides my contacts and some pictures, I don't really have anything I need transfer to my future Pre.

I have thought about perhaps starting a Gmail account for email, but I'm not sure.
    That would be sweet for sure, would save me a lot of typing!

I still have a A900, my mom's using it now...good phone really.
    I am developing Pre applications. I haven't decided what contacts I want to backup yet off the SIM of my Nokia. I probably have 15 year old phone numbers in there, and 1 year old text messages. I'll probably just start with a clean Calendar, maybe manually sync up the future stuff that's happening, like the next Trek Movie and my vacation in May.
    Developer must watch videos by Douglas Crockford of Yahoo:
    The JavaScript Programming Language part 1/4
    Theory of the DOM 1/3
    Advanced JavaScript 1/3
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    since they keep mentioning facebook, i've decided to explore & see if it will be useful to me.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Well I have my contacts and calendar already sync'd with Gmail using Activesync. So I'm basically good on that part. Can't wait til I can sync those with my facebook contacts.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Push ups, one a day.
    I have an exchange account, so my contacts, email, calendar, etc... will all sync over very well.

Other than that, all I'm doing is waiting and reading about other devices (trying not to buy something else while I wait for the pre). So far the pro seems nice, but more people are reporting "reception" issues, so the pro may not be worth trying out for 30 days.

So when the pre is released, have to wait to see what the downsides are to that phone... maybe reception issues. lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Contacts should be simple to sync or transfer. Preparing? There's nothing to prepare really.

Those that aren't using gmail (or a yahoo), what's keeping you? In other words, what are using that's stopping you? For personal, i had a comcast account forever, but when i moved out temporary (6 months), poof went my email account. But i wasn't about to pay for 6 months to keep it. I always had email in it autoforwarded to a gmail account as it made a good backup. Now i just use the gmail one.

Regarding facebook. My new years thing was to do that after vowing for so long that it was a waste of time or even silly (i'm 39). In a few months, i've drummed up a few contacts from high school and college. It's really not bad. You should be networking in this economy (well..any economy really) and this is just another tool. I might look at Linkedin as well.
    I'm observing with a jaded eye. After years of mediocrity, I don't have high expectations of Palm on this release either.
    buying a Treo Pro to kill some time, which I hope to return within 30 days.
    I am going to be selling my ATT Blackberry Bold on ebay and porting my number over to sprint when the Pre is released. I would do it now but I want to take advantage of the new contract pricing.
    Looking at switching from VZW to Sprint.
    Apart from checking this site 10x a day?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeromem75 View Post
    Push ups, one a day.
    lol!

Me, Im busy plugging away at my highly illegal second job. gotta make that money man!

ok, so its not highly illegal, but I could get in trouble for it.
  20. cap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post

April 15, here we come....!! Oops, did I just say that? lol
    How come no one is asking about this April 15th statement? Is this another rumor or more to it?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast