Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Buying lots of flowers for my fiancee before she dumps my sorry *** for talking about it so much.
    give me free push email and PIM sync and i'll switch to Gmail in a heartbeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i'd love to see Palm announce Gmail offering free Gmail EAS Push Email, Contacts, Calendar, and Memo Sync for Pre owners. i'm not holding my breath though.
    If Google did offer the service, they wouldn't be using EAS. Google is offering a competitor to Exchange. That'd be like Apple making iLife for Windows.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    I think it's cause RTM works with Google calendar.
    That's nice, I guess. I wouldn't be able to use it though. I need to be able to mark a task complete. If I wanted my tasks on a calendar, I would make them calendar entries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    That's nice, I guess. I wouldn't be able to use it though. I need to be able to mark a task complete. If I wanted my tasks on a calendar, I would make them calendar entries.
    The calendar is just another place to post (and remind you of) tasks. If you mark a task complete in RTM its also changed in Gcal. Its a nice integration.
    Here's what I'm doing to prepare:
    waiting..
    is Pre next?

Google to Push Gmail to BlackBerrys
    A new Google Apps feature will push Gmail messages to the client on BlackBerry phones.
    Nancy Gohring, IDG News Service
    Monday, May 04, 2009 04:00 PM PDT

Google has unveiled a new service that will push Gmail and calendar items to the native client software on BlackBerry devices, stepping up the search giant's efforts in the enterprise market.

The service will be included with the Premier and Education editions of Google Apps. End-users will find their Google messages pushed to the e-mail client on their BlackBerry, and messages sent from their phones will appear to have come from their organization's Google mail account.

They'll be able to access their organization's Google address list from their phone, and to synchronize contacts and calendar items. The service is in beta and will be commercially available in July.

The service requires organizations to add a piece of software to their BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), and that software is available today only for the Microsoft Exchange version of BES. The software connects back to Google's mail servers, rather than the company's Exchange server, to synchronize mail, contacts and calendar items.

Google to Push Gmail to BlackBerrys - PC World
    Hm, why wouldn't you just set up your gmail accounts on BIS?

I technically have push email already.
    I just have a ton of pictures already transferred over to the PC, so the Treo just has contacts and calendar appointments in it. I never listened to music or anything on it, but I might on the Pre for short bits of time if it doesn't drain the battery too much.

And I am kind of broke, so I am considering selling my Wii and my laptop. I don't use my savings account, I just buy electronic devices so I can get money back out of them later when something better more interesting comes along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I haven't seen any indication that RTM would be part of the Pre's synergy. Did you contact them to find out?
    No but it's not a problem as I can get it synced to Outlook anyway with Milksync
    Quote Originally Posted by peachness View Post
    I just have a ton of pictures already transferred over to the PC, so the Treo just has contacts and calendar appointments in it. I never listened to music or anything on it, but I might on the Pre for short bits of time if it doesn't drain the battery too much.

And I am kind of broke, so I am considering selling my Wii and my laptop. I don't use my savings account, I just buy electronic devices so I can get money back out of them later when something better more interesting comes along.
    Selling electronic devices that decrease in value over time does not seem like a very wise investment. Do you some times wonder if your investments are the reason you happen to be broke? Well I guess to each their own.
    Seemed like Peach was joking. Then again maybe Peach actually was inviting Banger to judge Peach's personal finances.

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Selling electronic devices that decrease in value over time does not seem like a very wise investment. Do you some times wonder if your investments are the reason you happen to be broke? Well I guess to each their own.
    PalmOS Treos: 90/300/600/650/700/755/launch day Pre minus/ Evo/Epic
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456