Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    exactly. i have one big MS Word password protected encrypted MS Word file with everything on it i need and i can access it anywhere on the planet from virtually any device.
    The encryption on word documents isn't very safe... just FYI.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I am stocking up on Batteries...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Saving up...I just started my two year contract with Sprint in December with a Samsung Rant, so I'll have to pay full price for the Pre. The most I'll have saved up by the assumed May 17th date is $600, so hopefully I'll be good to go. Do you guys think it'll be any higher than that? Also, how does the Sprint Buyback program work?
    Last edited by PikkonX; 04/15/2009 at 12:02 AM.
    Making friends and family give me money for the Goat's birthday! (I won't be spending a cent of my own money on the Pre or the Touchstone)

Ain't life grand!?
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Quote Originally Posted by PikkonX View Post
    Saving up...I just started my two year contract with Sprint in December with a Samsung Rant, so I'll have to pay full price for the Pre. The most I'll have saved up by the assumed May 17th date is $600, so hopefully I'll be good to go. Do you guys think it'll be any higher than that? Also, how does the Sprint Buyback program work?
    I checked out a quick snippet about the Buyback program. It's more of a Recycling program than anything else. They don't give you much, that's for sure.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Just trying to find a good way to get rid of my Rant so I can consider the money as having gone toward my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by PikkonX View Post
    Just trying to find a good way to get rid of my Rant so I can consider the money as having gone toward my Pre.
    ebay
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    The encryption on word documents isn't very safe... just FYI.
    please elaborate.

How safe is Word encryption. Is it really secure?
    I'm syncing my Outlook 2007 calendar and contacts to Google Calendar now. Had some bugs at first but works fine now. I like that it auto updates and does 2-way syncing. Can also be configured for 1-way sync. Best of all, it's FREE!
    well, i'm down to 82 Memos - down from 500+ accumulated over 10+ years. i cleaned out everything i absolutely didn't need. i figure if i lose Memo Sync, at least it will be less painful to convert 82 Memos to Word Documents than it will be to convert 500+.

Pre does have a Memos/Notes App, but Gmail doesn't currently support Memos/Notes and neither does EAS. if HotSync is toast, not sure how i would possibly sync Memos/Notes so it would be device-only which sucks. we shall see.

either way, the "Spring Cleaning" was necessary and feels good. it's liberating to de-clutter. it appeals to the minimalist in me.

this launch delay is annoying because as of now, i have no idea where i will store my data or which email provider i will use. i will only know this when palm announces the partners/service which will be available.

i'd love to see Palm announce Gmail offering free Gmail EAS Push Email, Contacts, Calendar, and Memo Sync for Pre owners. i'm not holding my breath though.
    Last edited by Gekko; 05/03/2009 at 04:01 PM.
    Well, I had all my contacts off of my blackberry and GOogle came out with Google Sync, so all my contacts are already on google.

Also, I just did the Facebook contact list sync on my BB and it works great as long as your friends have the proper info on Facebook.

But yea, those afraid of using Google instead of outlook or something, I love my google calender. It essentially makes it feel like you are using an exchange server as you can share calenders with other people and things like that.
    now down to 0 Memos down from 500+.
    Last edited by Gekko; 05/03/2009 at 09:24 PM.
    It's really a shame. Google used to have a great service called Google notebook which served as s combined memo pad and bookmarking service. But Google has stopped developing it and is no longer offering new accounts. Fortunately for business purposes I have exchange, but a personal cloud-centric memo service would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    It's really a shame. Google used to have a great service called Google notebook which served as s combined memo pad and bookmarking service. But Google has stopped developing it and is no longer offering new accounts. Fortunately for business purposes I have exchange, but a personal cloud-centric memo service would be nice.
    as far as i know, EAS Exchange ActiveSync does not support Memos/Notes. am i correct?
    Last edited by Gekko; 05/03/2009 at 09:03 PM.
    Migrating stuff to the cloud

Contacts & Calendar -> Google
    Tasks - > RTM
    Notes -> Evernote
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Migrating stuff to the cloud

Contacts & Calendar -> Google
    Tasks - > RTM
    Notes -> Evernote
    I haven't seen any indication that RTM would be part of the Pre's synergy. Did you contact them to find out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I haven't seen any indication that RTM would be part of the Pre's synergy. Did you contact them to find out?
    I think it's cause RTM works with Google calendar.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    I think it's cause RTM works with Google calendar.
    maybe you should change your name to -

EeZePreZe
    maybe you should change your name to -

EeZePreZe
    Haha. I actually like the sound of that. Maybe even just EeZePre.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    +1

...i'd love to see Palm announce Gmail offering free Gmail EAS Push Email, Contacts, Calendar, and Memo Sync for Pre owners. i'm not holding my breath though.
    PalmOS Treos: 90/300/600/650/700/755/launch day Pre minus/ Evo/Epic
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast